New Florida J Event Ideas - Page 2 - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: New Florida J Event Ideas
Friday, September 16, 2005 8:38 PM
John.....No, it's a J-Body event, however if people wanna bring friends thats fine. I'm not gonna be an ass and say that other cars can't drive, some people used to have J's and might want to go as well. Those without J's just will not be eligible for any of the awards or prizes.

Every post you've made has been extremely negative, and while I respect your opinion, you can't really speak for others. If you don't want to participate, that's fine. Your main argument here makes it sound like you believe J-Body owners to be cheap and won't pay more than $20 for something fun.it's entirely possible to have enjoy the entire weekend for $100, i've seen similar events done before, and it's worked plenty of times, there is absolutely no reason why this cannot work in our community. There will be those who have no problems having the money, especially when it's so far away, some will.

Saturday, September 17, 2005 10:57 AM
Sean McCoy wrote:John.....No, it's a J-Body event, however if people wanna bring friends thats fine. I'm not gonna be an ass and say that other cars can't drive, some people used to have J's and might want to go as well. Those without J's just will not be eligible for any of the awards or prizes.

Every post you've made has been extremely negative, and while I respect your opinion, you can't really speak for others. If you don't want to participate, that's fine. Your main argument here makes it sound like you believe J-Body owners to be cheap and won't pay more than $20 for something fun.it's entirely possible to have enjoy the entire weekend for $100, i've seen similar events done before, and it's worked plenty of times, there is absolutely no reason why this cannot work in our community. There will be those who have no problems having the money, especially when it's so far away, some will.

Look let me tell you. I have been dealing with J-bodies since I could drive. Over 10 years. I planned the first ever Florida J Body meet we ever had. I'm telling you from experience. That is all. I'm trying to tell you we have a annual Florida J meet every year (for like 7-8 years now). If you do not watch how you set this up you will not have anyone there. Plan and simple. If you want to see it as me being negative fine. Tell me this why is there only 3 people posting on this? Setting up autocross in a parking lot somewhere for $20 a person is fine. First you have to watch out because a lot of places will not let you do that. Unless your SCCA. We are not. I'm truly trying to help you. I like the ideas, track day would be fun, but a real track (Gainesville, Moroso) something like that. Poker run would be awesome. Being that these are such big events it should be planned with the annusl florida meet for the best turnout.
Saturday, September 17, 2005 11:47 AM
I wouldn't be opposed to having a poker run that ends wherever the Annual meet will be held. Autocross really isn't that hard to set up, local clubs do it here all the time. As long as you have enough money to rent the space, and waivers for people to sign, then it's easy enough. When the annual FL J meet thread comes up, I'll see what we can do.
Saturday, September 17, 2005 10:14 PM
so this poker run thing would be neat if it did end up at the annual meet......
big Q
it would have to tyakle place at least a day before the meet?, that means THU?

PS..... Metra is out for any sponsorship.. only cuz they like sponsor individual cars, and the agreement is that u ghotta be at certain # of shows....... especially at certain ones.....

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search