so i guess we should start talking bout it....FL J show 2010 - Page 3 - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: so i guess we should start talking bout it....FL J show 2010
Saturday, February 27, 2010 6:01 PM
I don't see the problem with a cruise instead of a track night/show. It should be more about meeting other J enthusiasts and having a good time than simply getting a trophy. That being said, I'm definitely down for a cruise. I'd love for everyone to make the trip to Panama City but I'm more than willing to ride down to Daytona or somewhere around there.

Saturday, February 27, 2010 7:14 PM
I have no issue with a cruise, and its a suitable replacement idea, but I'd still rather continue the tradition

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Sunday, February 28, 2010 6:47 AM
Same here, I could give a rats ass if theres trophies involved.

Car is for Sale!Supercharger kit is for sale!
Sunday, February 28, 2010 1:13 PM
what we could do, more or less is have a gathering like we do with the show.. mingle and check out everyone's car like we do with the show.. then go for a cruise like it has been mentioned. seems like it'd please everyone

Sunday, February 28, 2010 10:21 PM
so where are the places now? and from where to where?

Monday, March 01, 2010 5:59 PM
I think cruising A1A would be nice..

Monday, March 15, 2010 12:02 PM
Bump, should we start voting on where and what to do? lol

Monday, March 15, 2010 4:54 PM
i think so since its gettin really close. i really would like to meet some more FL J's. i just need to to know so i can see if/plan a trip as i would be coming from Pensacola
Tuesday, March 16, 2010 3:55 AM
well lately the idea of a J show....seems to be going more toward a meet and cruise around town....... i know nothing else

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 5:57 PM
unless someone wants to front the money for trophies and whatnot

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 11:54 PM
im in GA and i love road trips. whenever yall decide where 2 do it, ill ride down. if u say i cant come ill lie and say im from gainesville. lol.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 3:52 AM
Evan the Undead (Black Pearl) wrote:unless someone wants to front the money for trophies and whatnot

i VOTE NO TO TROPHIES........ but thats just me

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 6:45 AM
well that's what made it an actual show.. otherwise, its just a meet

btw, all SE ppl are invited. its not jus a FL thing

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 7:11 AM
what we need to do is start having fund raisers throughout the year for this... somehow anyway

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 7:52 AM
BC Fire 70 wrote: if u say i cant come ill lie and say im from gainesville. lol.
Gainsville it is! Lol
Everyone is welcome to come to any meet or show that we have down here, the more the merrier!

the Jew-(i heart mountain dew) wrote: i VOTE NO TO TROPHIES........ but thats just me
x2

It doesnt have to be a "show"
Jbom and Jbok have huge meets all the time (and im sure there are other states that do the same), and theres no trophies involved (and ya know what, i bet they dont have the stupid drama FL does). There are huge group meetings thruout the year and people still actually show up in crowds. Theres no need for trophies. If thats what brings everyone out to the meet for a chance to win one, then they arent tru enthusiasts of our dead platform. Id rather have a small group of real people interested in their cars instead of a huge meet of just ugly riced out base model grocery getter Cavs & Fires hoping for a chance to win a trophy.

Just my 2 cents.

RIP JessE -- You are not forgotten! | FaceBook | G+
Wednesday, March 17, 2010 9:00 AM
JHand wrote:
the Jew-(i heart mountain dew) wrote: i VOTE NO TO TROPHIES........ but thats just me
x2

It doesnt have to be a "show"
Jbom and Jbok have huge meets all the time (and im sure there are other states that do the same), and theres no trophies involved (and ya know what, i bet they dont have the stupid drama FL does). There are huge group meetings thruout the year and people still actually show up in crowds. Theres no need for trophies. If thats what brings everyone out to the meet for a chance to win one, then they arent tru enthusiasts of our dead platform. Id rather have a small group of real people interested in their cars instead of a huge meet of just ugly riced out base model grocery getter Cavs & Fires hoping for a chance to win a trophy.

Just my 2 cents.

see im on the same lines as Jess, if the northern Folks can do i dont see why we cant and hell if you want trophies and awards that bad you come up with the money and buy them for yourself

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 3:07 PM
My only request is that it be on a sunday IF AT ALL POSSIBLE....I work two jobs on saturdays and I REALLY need the money so I don't like calling in...other than that....I'm game for whatever. Looking forward to it!
Wednesday, March 17, 2010 3:08 PM
I also say no to trophies. I realize in doing so we will have some people who will not come, but oh well. We will have people not come for other reasons as well, we can't control it all.

I think doing a cruise is nice because it is a change and can be more laid back.

Fluffy I agree with you on the fundraiser's. We tried that but we could not get people to do anything. If we are going to have a big event money will be needed. Which means someone fronts it, or we raise it before hand.

A Cruise does not require money to setup. Just money the day of to eat on, gas, and whatever else we do. We can still have a weekend long event, but the cruise takes the place of the show.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 3:35 PM
JHand wrote: x2

If thats what brings everyone out to the meet for a chance to win one, then they arent tru enthusiasts of our dead platform. Id rather have a small group of real people interested in their cars instead of a huge meet of just ugly riced out base model grocery getter Cavs & Fires hoping for a chance to win a trophy.

I gotta disagree here. I'd like to think that my 9 yrs of dedication to the j-body platform has solidified my place as an enthusiast.. in fact, I know it does cause I know in my heart how much I love these cars... but I am one of those ppl who come to the show in search of a trophy. Now, is that my only reason for coming? Of course not. And I don't really know anybody who comes to the show strictly for a trophy. It does feel good to know that all your hard work and effort aren't going unnoticed, altho I don't need a trophy to know my car looks nice. It's just something nice to have, as aesthetic as it might be.

But then again, with the way things have went the last few yrs, the judging and awards have turned into a joke. The very cars you've described are the ones leaving with trophies (not all of them, but more so than deserved).

A cruise would be a nice change of pace, I guess. Would anyone still wanna do a track day? If we're in the spirit of change, why not hit up this road course out near Bithlo? At least I think it was near Bithlo... Jess?

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 4:26 PM
Quote:

But then again, with the way things have went the last few yrs, the judging and awards have turned into a joke. The very cars you've described are the ones leaving with trophies (not all of them, but more so than deserved).

disagree

FU Tuning

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 9:42 PM
ill make you a nice card even if you want that says your car is the coolest lol. i kid i kid. im down for the cruise. lets make it happen people.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 11:30 PM
voting should go up for a start and end spot, as well as a route.. and a date

Thursday, March 18, 2010 3:57 AM
ok then lets set a date then....i vote either late may or really early june......that still gives ppl time to work on stuff for the bash in then end of july

Thursday, March 18, 2010 8:01 AM
Evan the Undead (Black Pearl) wrote:Would anyone still wanna do a track day? If we're in the spirit of change, why not hit up this road course out near Bithlo? At least I think it was near Bithlo... Jess?
CFRC is in south Orlando. They only have a 1/8 track currently. They do road course events and such like that. They change the race shedule up every now and then and mix it around between the days.
I say if there is racing and such, it should NOT be at Bithlo, that track is horrible and we complain about it every year.

I say set a date first then pick a route.

RIP JessE -- You are not forgotten! | FaceBook | G+
Thursday, March 18, 2010 10:12 AM
JHand wrote:
Evan the Undead (Black Pearl) wrote:Would anyone still wanna do a track day? If we're in the spirit of change, why not hit up this road course out near Bithlo? At least I think it was near Bithlo... Jess?
CFRC is in south Orlando. They only have a 1/8 track currently. They do road course events and such like that. They change the race shedule up every now and then and mix it around between the days.
I say if there is racing and such, it should NOT be at Bithlo, that track is horrible and we complain about it every year.

I say set a date first then pick a route.

1/8 mile is the FAIL thou but i agree it would be better than Bithlo........so what kinda of route you all wanna take....some highway ? backroads? lots of turns ? more scenic ?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search