2001 m45 supercharged cavy - Page 3 - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2001 m45 supercharged cavy
Monday, February 22, 2010 8:14 AM
no one is knockin you, Kyle.. we know much time and money you put into the car while you had it. i'm pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say that all the negativity in this thread is more towards the fact that you sold him the car at a reasonable price (compared to what you put into it), then he turns around and tries to bank on it when he didn't do a single thing to improve on it. that's like the guy who bought my purple Cavi for $2500, put a $300 paint job on it (that looked worse than the purple, on top of the shop breaking the corner lenses), then tried selling it for $5k. I mean, you couldn't even be mad cause of how ridiculous it was

and Gary, you have no one to blame but yourself for all the drama. you came to the WRONG place to try and flip sell that car.. we all still talk to Kyle and know much he sold it for, on top of the fact that you were wanting an insane amount of money for it. sure, its mint running condition, but if some gave you $3500 for it, they'd have close to $6k into after body panels and paint.. unless they had the hook-up

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance

Monday, February 22, 2010 10:24 AM
Evan the Undead (Black Pearl) wrote:
Torres @ SpeedZone wrote:
These guys on here are not here to piss you off or try to make you lose money, essentially they are trying to help you, they are veterans in the car game, especially in the J-body game and they know what they are talking about. I mean come on man JDM Civic and Integra Shells sell for more than a running boosted cavalier with more HP than what you're putting out with a perfect exterior.

as true as that statement is, that is the most retarded thing in the world. you say that a j-body is just a j-body.. but in reality, a Civic and Integra is just a Civic and Integra. those cars were purpose-made for the same reason Cavaliers were made - cheap, reliable transportation for the middle-lower class. there is absolutely NOTHING about a Civic that makes it anymore special than a j... its all about popularity and fads. and the ludicrous part about the whole thing is their popular for racing, yet Z24s will walk Civic Si's all day long (when comparably modded)..... yes here, lemme throw down $5k for a gutted Integra shell cause the steering wheel is on the other side. damn ppl are stupid... they say ppl like me are stupid for putting money into a j-body, but there are blithering RETARDS who pay thousands for alot less

/off topic

what Fluffy said is spot-on to what I meant to say in my first post... I guess I kinda got lost

It shouldnt be retarded, yes a Civic is a civic and teggy is a teggy but whether we like it or not they have waaay more aftermarket supports, are cheaper to fix, are way more famous, are "JDM", break down less (not comparing to Ecotecs), etc.

Yes these cars are are all eco @!#$ boxes but that doesnt change the fact that a j-body will always be a j-body and will never hold the value that a "JDM" car holds, I can get me a 2005 LS Sport for 3K - 4K but a 2000 Civic goes from 6k - 10K depending on mileage and body damage.

Monday, February 22, 2010 10:27 AM
Evan the Undead (Black Pearl) wrote:no one is knockin you, Kyle.. we know much time and money you put into the car while you had it. i'm pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say that all the negativity in this thread is more towards the fact that you sold him the car at a reasonable price (compared to what you put into it), then he turns around and tries to bank on it when he didn't do a single thing to improve on it. that's like the guy who bought my purple Cavi for $2500, put a $300 paint job on it (that looked worse than the purple, on top of the shop breaking the corner lenses), then tried selling it for $5k. I mean, you couldn't even be mad cause of how ridiculous it was

and Gary, you have no one to blame but yourself for all the drama. you came to the WRONG place to try and flip sell that car.. we all still talk to Kyle and know much he sold it for, on top of the fact that you were wanting an insane amount of money for it. sure, its mint running condition, but if some gave you $3500 for it, they'd have close to $6k into after body panels and paint.. unless they had the hook-up

Its not the way he wanted to flip the car, people and dealerships do that all day everyday its the attitude he came in with that screwed him over, he couldve gone to any noob on here or on craigslist and got 4500 for it, just picked the wrong place and people

Monday, February 22, 2010 11:12 AM
ya i understand completly, i dont know what i was thinking im not gonna even sell it, i love it too much.
Monday, February 22, 2010 11:59 AM
thats pretty much what I said.. wrong place. that goes along with how other ppl do it too. they generally dont go to the same group of ppl and try to sell it to one of them. sure, dealerships do it.. but we all know dealerships are nothing but scumbags anyway

and just cause a car has more aftermarket support, doesnt make it better or more valuable. that just means businesses are taking advantage of a trend, like most businesses do. its funny how delusion some ppl can get... I know my Cavi isnt worth sh*t in the book, but I dont care either since book value only matters to those wanting to sell. I dont ever plan on selling my car, especially after I get it the way I've been trying to get my Cavis since 2002. but all these Honda guys walk around thinking they have gold.. even the books go off of popularity. thats why when gas was at its highest, SUV and truck values plummeted cause no one was buying. and work trucks have more book value in places where construction is booming, rather than urban areas where they arent needed. before this whole ricer sh*t was big, Civics werent worth anymore than Cavaliers were. in fact, back then, they were worth less cause less places were working on them and replacement parts were harder to get

and this JDM is craze is so dumb... proof of how stupid ppl shouldnt have money. import businesses rape ppl on prices cause there are ppl so determined to be the coolest guy in town cause they have something JDM, that ppl will pay whatever they ask. and the dumb part is that they do it whether there is an American version of the car or not. hell, there is a guy here in town.. his name is Wang (yes, we all laugh). he has a '93 Honda Civic hatch from Japan. not a Type R, nothing special whatsoever... he paid $11k for it. $11k for an almost 20 year old car.. and you wanna tell me thats not retarded? I'm amazed that Eric from JDM Addiction went out of business with the amount of stupid trust fund babies in this town... and you dont even wanna know how much he made off of j-spec-only cars.. Skylines, S15s, Pulsar GTi-Rs..

and for the record, there are JDM j-bodies... dont forget that

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Monday, February 22, 2010 12:36 PM
yea, as of two days ago as everyone may know i got a 97 blown sunfire gt, it had secret cams/eagle rods, borred out pistions.
i took the motor apart about 2 weeks ago and pulled the cams/rods out and installed them about last week but dident do any racing cause of non-tuned with the new stuff in the ld9.
got it tuned and dyno'ed 2 days ago and it ran 212whp and 204lbs of torque.
i will upload the dyno sheets when prolly tonight when i plug my scanner up
Monday, February 22, 2010 1:53 PM
Gary H wrote:yall act like yall was just back in highschool drama/drama/drama/ and on with the drama..dont u know when enough is enough? damn i aint selling the car so dont worry about it.
and yea exterior may not be the best thing in the world but damn it runs like brand new, kyle did a good job on it, so quit hating =]

lol says the guy who's 19.

Sorry man, hadta throw that one in there for fun. 'Twas off-topic.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Monday, February 22, 2010 2:55 PM
i may be 19 but i sure never dont have any drama, dont like it and never had thats what i always keep my mouth shut, if i ever said my 2 cents to ppl i would have everyone in my town hating on me
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search