south east meet in 2013? - Page 2 - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: south east meet in 2013?
Thursday, August 30, 2012 11:41 AM
been poking around the site and looking up hotel info. a hotel "block" is usually 10+ hotels rooms to get a dicount. Do ya'll think that is doable?

May the odds be ever in you favor.....

Thursday, August 30, 2012 1:58 PM
I can already tell u id come but not stay in a hotel.lol

Thursday, August 30, 2012 7:19 PM
Josh Watson wrote:SAB | The South Adventures Bash/Meet - using Wild Adventures theme park as the mainstay ? lol

SEGME | South Eastern GM meet ?

Probably a little corny, but that's how my mind works:

SEGWAe (like Segway just to make sure I'm clear) Meet -South East GM Wild Adventures Meet?

I'm very interested and I would need a hotel room to get the wife to come along. If we could block off a floor we could have a nice little party,as well
Thursday, August 30, 2012 7:38 PM
Anybody thought of maybe a grill out type deal...im sure Valdosta has a local park. If so it could be Se grill and chill.lol

Friday, August 31, 2012 8:04 AM
I'd be staying in a hotel thats 2 nights I need to sleep lol
I'm sure we can get at least 10 rooms rented out.

If I don't hear back from the track today I'm gonna call Monday and see if they have any test/tune dates early in 2013.

Friday, August 31, 2012 12:30 PM
because i was bored/curious i put the date as the last week of May. here is cheapest i've got (for 6 rooms btw)

Quote:

LA QUINTA INN & SUITES
$94.00 USD per night + 12% taxes

Policies:
Group may book under the block anytime before check-in.
The group is not responsible to pay for unused rooms in the block.
Group members may cancel no later than 24 hours before day of arrival.
No misc. hotel resort fees or flat taxes
No deposit required.
This offer is good for 5 Days after 08/31/2012.
These policies are specific to your request as determined by the hotel.

Comments:
Look no further we are just 5 minutes from Wild Adventures Theme Park and are surrounded by places to dine!! Our outdoor POOL is the BEST in Valdosta. $94.00 USD, This rate is good on 3 of our room types. Your room includes a BRAND NEW 37"LCD HD TV and micro/fridge! Your full HOT breakfast buffet(eggs,grits, sausage, biscuits,gravy, cereal, fresh fruit, etc.)coupled with your evening reception with wine, mix drinks, beer, juice, soda, ice cream, and cookies is FREE OF CHARGE! Our hotel is a fully interior property adjacent to many Restaurants including: Outback Steakhous and Texas Roadhouse! Enjoy the beautifully landscaped courtyard, POOL gazebo and hot tub. Your stay is made simple with free wifi, fitness center, business center, and FREE guest laundry. Wild Adventures (6 miles).

Friday, August 31, 2012 3:25 PM
^^ Price is not that bad, but you have to be careful with La Quinta inn's. Some are nice others are not.

FU Tuning

Friday, August 31, 2012 5:23 PM
Even went to hotels.com and kayak.com, etc and the cheapest was $84 for a 2 star hotel.
I think that is a good price and maybe we can get it lower a little bit with a group all going to the same hotel.
Was hoping to hear back from the raceway today but no word
As soon as I find the test/tune nights for 2013 we can start deciding on a date and start really planning and getting the word out.
Right now I know of about 10 people who want to go 90%.
Maybe 15 with a "maybe" depending on when we have the bash.

But I think the Location part of the bash is done.

Name:*SEGWA Bash?
Date:TBA
Time/s:TBA

*As for the name, I love the idea of SEGWAe Bash.
South Eastern GM Wild Adventures Bash, its still technically pronounced "SEGWAY" lol

Friday, August 31, 2012 5:25 PM
going with the "SEGWA" name, maybe we could make the Bash logo look somewhat like a Segway with "SEGWA" as the base of the SEGWAY and then spell out the full name underneath.

Friday, August 31, 2012 5:45 PM
I think name wise take out wild adventures. Southeastern GM Meet (meet over Bash).

Unless Wild Adventures is going to do something for us, I do not think you put their name in it. Also keeps it clear from issues with using their name.

FU Tuning

Friday, August 31, 2012 7:22 PM
^^^ Agree here.

I'm all in, just need to know when it'll be. With any luck, this will reignite some fading j love in the community.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance

Friday, August 31, 2012 8:09 PM
That's the hope for me Evan.

Then I suppose we'll just call it the South Eastern GM Meet.

Hopefully I'll hear back from the racetrack about when they have test/tune nights and we can put out some dates for people(really itching to be able to make a event page on FB, think thats going to be our biggest means of reaching out and keeping track of whose going/whose not).

Friday, August 31, 2012 8:25 PM
Also found out admission to the dragstrip is $10 a person, children under 10 are free.
And its $25 for the test/tune.
Gates open at 6pm and the T&T is 7pm-10pm.

Friday, August 31, 2012 11:13 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:^^ Price is not that bad, but you have to be careful with La Quinta inn's. Some are nice others are not.

Just keep looking at hotels when we find 1 for a decent price later on in the year I will roll down to it and do some recon and make sure it's nice

Saturday, September 01, 2012 7:25 AM
Daniel Cooper wrote:
Addicted to meth wrote:^^ Price is not that bad, but you have to be careful with La Quinta inn's. Some are nice others are not.

Just keep looking at hotels when we find 1 for a decent price later on in the year I will roll down to it and do some recon and make sure it's nice

Good deal.

Quote:

Also found out admission to the dragstrip is $10 a person, children under 10 are free.
And its $25 for the test/tune.
Gates open at 6pm and the T&T is 7pm-10pm

We will likely get lucky and they have Saturday daytime test and tune times. I know in the early part of the year they usually have day time starting around noon.

But once we know what exactly they have it will make for better planning.

I just looked on the racetracks website and they have some local hotels listed. One of which is a Holiday Inn. I went ot the page and did the last weekend in May as a normal person and they have rooms as low as $98, which is a few dollars more than the group rate above. So maybe if we approach them for a group rate we could beat that price.

FU Tuning

Saturday, September 01, 2012 1:11 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:
I just looked on the racetracks website and they have some local hotels listed. One of which is a Holiday Inn. I went ot the page and did the last weekend in May as a normal person and they have rooms as low as $98, which is a few dollars more than the group rate above. So maybe if we approach them for a group rate we could beat that price.

i'll shoot them an email and call them on tuesday....do we have ANY idea on a date (or should i keep using the last weekend in may lol?)

Saturday, September 01, 2012 1:21 PM
Def need that date. gotta put in for vacation and get a trailer to tow the flower up.

Saturday, September 01, 2012 1:47 PM
SynthAngel wrote:
Addicted to meth wrote:

i'll shoot them an email and call them on tuesday....do we have ANY idea on a date (or should i keep using the last weekend in may lol?)

I think a little earlier. That is why if we can get the test and tune dates and times, we can pick the weekend that would be best. April or early May. That is 8-9 months from now. Should be more than enough time to plan.

FU Tuning

Saturday, September 01, 2012 7:00 PM
Sooo I know weather is prolly the last thing on every1s mind but we usually get alooot of rain and storms around here in may....my vote would go for the 1st or mid April...or possibly a bit earlier when the temp is still very pleasant.

Saturday, September 01, 2012 7:48 PM
I'd be down for this. Finally something that's within reasonable driving distance lol

Saturday, September 01, 2012 7:56 PM
Daniel Cooper wrote:Sooo I know weather is prolly the last thing on every1s mind but we usually get alooot of rain and storms around here in may....my vote would go for the 1st or mid April...or possibly a bit earlier when the temp is still very pleasant.

I would agree.

FU Tuning

Sunday, September 02, 2012 7:57 AM
Why not check with Wild Adventures to see if they would do something? Kinda like Silver Springs with the meet coming up here in October? Not expecting free tickets with registration or anything but maybe get a section of the parking lot blocked off for us and discounted admissions? Just throwing out some ideas.
Sunday, September 02, 2012 12:04 PM
Stitch wrote:Why not check with Wild Adventures to see if they would do something? Kinda like Silver Springs with the meet coming up here in October? Not expecting free tickets with registration or anything but maybe get a section of the parking lot blocked off for us and discounted admissions? Just throwing out some ideas.

I would agree if we were doing a actual show. I'm taking this more as a big meet.

Also being as this would be the first might be better to start low key and see the turnout and plan for bigger if the out come supports it later.

FU Tuning

Sunday, September 02, 2012 8:22 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:
Stitch wrote:Why not check with Wild Adventures to see if they would do something? Kinda like Silver Springs with the meet coming up here in October? Not expecting free tickets with registration or anything but maybe get a section of the parking lot blocked off for us and discounted admissions? Just throwing out some ideas.

I would agree if we were doing a actual show. I'm taking this more as a big meet.

Also being as this would be the first might be better to start low key and see the turnout and plan for bigger if the out come supports it later.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I also second the vote for bumping it down to the beginning of April. Hell, maybe even some time in March. I know down here, even April is pretty hot and the winters seem to be getting shorter every year. I don't know about you guys, but standing around in the heat and humidity, sweating my fat ass off isn't very fun

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Sunday, September 02, 2012 8:34 PM
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:
[or=blue] I also second the vote for bumping it down to the beginning of April. Hell, maybe even some time in March. I know down here, even April is pretty hot and the winters seem to be getting shorter every year.

This is true...sometimes even winter days are hot.haha

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search