Freak Show - Kinston NC - October 21-22-23 - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Freak Show - Kinston NC - October 21-22-23
Monday, September 12, 2005 4:34 PM

We're about a month away from the show that really lives up to its name... This is the one show not to miss....

http://www.dropjawmag.com/freak5/freak5index.htm

Classes
Chevy: Mild + Wild
Cavalier: Mild + Wild
Pontiac: Mild + Wild
Unfinished Car: Mild + Wild

Heres the run down straight from the source ... http://www.dropjawmag.com ...

-----------------------------

This is a little run down about the show that lives up to its name.....Freak Show. If you have attended Freak Show in the past, you know that this is true. If you've never attended, you will soon know. We started this show in 2001 and did extensive planning and an entire site devoted to just the show which helps everyone find out all they need to know about Freak Show. We pride our shows on being the most informative before the date and actually give everyone something other than a flyer to see what the shows about. At our first Freak Show, we had 360 entrants come out and represent hardcore. Thousands of spectators came out to check out all the hot rides and the nighttime events that night were off the chain. Our nighttime events are something that gets talked about all year long at the shows and its a very anticipated event every year. This year will be no different and even better than before. We are going back to the Lenoir Co. Fairgrounds in Kinston, NC which proved last year to be an awesome venue for Freak Show. We pulled in 1189 vehicles through the gate and 5000 spectators that came out to check out the show and all it has to offer. As before we are offering FREE tent camping to anyone entering or spectating the show. This year there will be a seperation of the campers and the show rides. It just makes it easier for the judges since we still are offering walk around judging. We are bringing in the Jaw Dropper Promotion's staff to organize and judge the show. We're setting up a huge stage this year with 4 flatbed trailers and a complete stage setup for the nighttime events. The show will cater to the hardcore cruizer too with cruize lanes running the perimeter of the grounds, by the stage and right directly through the vendors midway. We'll be using the demolition derby pit this year for some of the other events happening on sunday. So....for all of you people out there that have been Freaks from the get go and for all that will soon become Freaks....we'll see ya at Freak Show.

DJM
dropjawmag.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Freak Show - Kinston NC - October 21-22-23
Wednesday, September 14, 2005 8:01 PM
Wednesday, September 14, 2005 11:38 PM
Crystal(CrazyCavGirl) OR Jacob wrote:We will be there.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=23&i=28072&t=28072

heh well look for me... i'll show you how i put that mirror and gauge pillar pod ya sold me to good use ....

i should be with parked Team Speedline... unless i get wasted again friday night and over sleep saturday morning... like i did at slam session....

Thursday, September 15, 2005 4:57 AM
LAST YEAR WAS AWSOME WITH THAT TRUCK FLIPPIN.

Norms Fenders
Holes in front bumper from plate bracket (custom)
Solo Hi Flow Cat/ 3in dual exhaust
Kappa Intake/IC Pipes
Pcm4less Tune
Infinity Kappa Speakers
Dakota Digital EGT & Boost Gauage
DDM Probeam
JPM Shifter
Custom Kicker System By JPM
MBRP Heat Shield
Dejon Intercooler
AlkaControl Water/Meth Injection
Thursday, September 15, 2005 3:10 PM
I'll see ya there.

Thursday, September 15, 2005 11:32 PM
last year was very crazy....really enjoyed the whole show....not to mention the hotel parties lol.....hopefully attending this year

http://www.cardomain.com/id/lambo_cav
Friday, September 16, 2005 9:39 AM
Ryne D. wrote:last year was very crazy....really enjoyed the whole show....not to mention the hotel parties lol.....hopefully attending this year

ah ... the hotel parties....

thats like half the damn show right there.... every year i try to see how many girls i can get to flash me ...

The hotel party at Slam Session sucked cause there were only two girls being wild at all... i was so disapointed... the Motel 6 was a sausage fest... at least i got drunk off my ass and i saw this dood put his head through a window... i got the picture of it too =P

Friday, September 16, 2005 2:48 PM
i'm been waiting for this show all year long...

Jay
Team JRevolution
VA Beach
Monday, September 19, 2005 11:42 PM
yea the hotel parties are sweet....i forget what hotel we was at but the guy at the show got on the mic and said there was a party at OUR hotel so we didnt get much sleep that night....lots of burnouts and other lil things goin on...cops had to come i think twice...lol....but its fun ha ha.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/lambo_cav
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 9:33 PM
hahah cops usually just stay there... as long as no one is too endangered they dont seem to care.... i mean what can they do... arrest everyone...

hahah

This guy on Speedline... we call him "Chicken"... we got him SOOOOOO drunk... there was a group of Mexicans... and he screamed at them "Hey... yea ... you guys over there.... hey... all your women are hoes and bitches".... we had to pull him in to a room to keep from getting his ass beat...

hahah

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 3:41 PM

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 3:44 PM
Nice bump...

Monday, October 10, 2005 8:52 AM
10 more days.

Monday, October 10, 2005 4:41 PM
im mad they changed the pic like that... i was gonna post that one ... but its already here...

but ya... wooo cant wait... despite all the "issues" ive had as of late... i'll be there

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 9:18 PM

I got this in my e-mail from Mike @ DropJaw:

Hey guys, whats up. I wanted to let everyone know about an important change that has happened at Freak Show for this year. We are going to have to check ID's at the gate for everyone that comes through. If you are under 18, or don't have an ID and you look young, you will be considered a minor and you will get a "minor" wristband to show our staff that you are a minor. With this wristband, you are not allowed in the show grounds after 7pm and our security will be in force checking to make sure we get all the minors out of the show. I want to apologize for this ahead of time and let you guys know that the traffic is going to move slower, the gates are going to be a little longer wait to get in the show, but we will make sure it is worth it when you get in. WE have to do this to protect our a**es and right now we are in some legal bulls**t from another car show and this is the way we have been told to protect ourselves. Guess Drop Jaw or Freak Show wouldn't run if we were both in jail, so this is the alternative solution. Sorry again guys and make sure to bring your ID. No excuses accepted!!
Mike
DJM
www.dropjawmag.com

I know that this probably won't affect anyone here, besides having to wait in line a little longer, but I thought that someone might be bringing some people under 17 with them or something. And I just wanted to make sure to tell you to BRING YOUR ID!!!

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 9:19 PM
I got this in my e-mail from Mike @ DropJaw:

Hey guys, whats up. I wanted to let everyone know about an important change that has happened at Freak Show for this year. We are going to have to check ID's at the gate for everyone that comes through. If you are under 18, or don't have an ID and you look young, you will be considered a minor and you will get a "minor" wristband to show our staff that you are a minor. With this wristband, you are not allowed in the show grounds after 7pm and our security will be in force checking to make sure we get all the minors out of the show. I want to apologize for this ahead of time and let you guys know that the traffic is going to move slower, the gates are going to be a little longer wait to get in the show, but we will make sure it is worth it when you get in. WE have to do this to protect our a**es and right now we are in some legal bulls**t from another car show and this is the way we have been told to protect ourselves. Guess Drop Jaw or Freak Show wouldn't run if we were both in jail, so this is the alternative solution. Sorry again guys and make sure to bring your ID. No excuses accepted!!
Mike
DJM
www.dropjawmag.com

I know that this probably won't affect anyone here, besides having to wait in line a little longer, but I thought that someone might be bringing some people under 17 with them or something. And I just wanted to make sure to tell you to BRING YOUR ID!!!

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 11:46 AM
awwww that means my ex gurl cant go...

GOOD

hahahahahahahahahahaha

okai im not that mean...

One finally bump......

The cav is gettin primered tomorrow... Look out Underconstruction WILD class....

Thursday, October 20, 2005 1:59 PM
approximately 12 hours till our departure.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 3:03 PM
Speedline has three departure times...

Friday 1 PM
Friday 3 PM
Friday 5 PM

Im with the 5 PM crew... so like 23 hrs for me... as of 6 PM Thursday....

i cant wait.....

i got my Speedline Underconstruction Decals on now...

Thursday, October 20, 2005 3:04 PM
Blah posted too quick

Off to the shop for an all nighter.... im getting primed tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search