GM-Revolution - Page 72 - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: GM-Revolution
Thursday, March 20, 2008 4:47 PM
uh im not exactly sure whats wrong with the vert in its entirety. I believe i snapped a motor mount, warped the flywheel & bent the crankshaft but havent gotten off my ass to tear it apart yet.

It beats a Honda!

Thursday, March 20, 2008 8:38 PM
well lets dooooo etttttttt

let me know when you want to... if im not busy, i'll roll out (sooner than later cause i should be starting a second job soon =D )

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 1:14 PM
hey guess what i'm not dead either I have just been on a little bit of a hiatus from the whole car world, well lets see since I have talked to anyone I have moved into a new house(with a garage!! ) I stripped the silver '02 back to stock and sold it as a commuter, I still have the black '03 (zach's old car) but one of the rods decided to go on vacation through both sides of the block about 8 months ago and i ALMOST have it back together (plus some upgrades )......So who's all still he in the area doin the car thing????????
Wednesday, March 26, 2008 5:38 PM
holy hell Chris is that you ........ loooong time bro i am not back in the area just yet but still doin my thing will be back in the area with in a year making some goooooooood money too lol so my cav addiction should be back on. good to hear from you tried to call several times but you never answer. my number is 910-297-1511 give me a call some time

Was that a... Cav??

it used to be anyway.......
Wednesday, March 26, 2008 11:35 PM
Chris: i'm commin for ya... keep in mind that i'm staying N/A =P

but there will be plenty of time between now and then...

Thursday, March 27, 2008 1:57 PM
The 2.4l NA will not keep up with a boosted ecotec....sorry to burst your bubble Kyle.......
Chris...good to see you're still alive.....why don'tcha answer a call every now and then huh??.....i've tried a bunch of times since i brought the cavy back down.......also picked up an 03 WRX and 07 STi for Mari.......still have the cavy down here so gimme a BUZZ
Rob....hurry up and get over here b4 i gotta go.....
Thursday, March 27, 2008 3:29 PM
not my boosted eco at least
Whit- I don't know how long it has been since i gave you my # but I have change phones a few times. my private cell is now (757)660-3446 and my buisness cell is (757)329-9105, but needless to say try not to call my work line unless you really need to. Well what are you doing next weekend?????? CNU Car Show and dyno day is next sat(april 5th) and I for one plan on being there!!!! y'all all need to come out and show the j-body support!
ROB!!!!!! been a long time man, you wouldn't belive the pictures i ran across of all of us from back in the day.....
Thursday, March 27, 2008 3:34 PM
Trent- Just on a whim here but would you be willing to part with the vert as it sits?????? I think i need another car and ihave a feeling a boosted v6 vert is in my future............................
Thursday, March 27, 2008 10:38 PM
well... the the fastest N/A 2.4 was Karos (before he ran Nitrous) and was around 250 WHP...

boosted ecos are usually around 300 WHP.... (if the motor is built, the boost can be dialed up... but without a motor build, you can only run but so much boost safely)

when i get done doing all the HO stuff and completely building my motor (whch probably will be the Quad 4 LO bottom with LD9 Crank bored over to a 2.7/2.8 litre Stroker engine, running the HO top end, and the HO Cams (or aftermarket cams for the HO) ... and with all the other goodies planned...) i am expecting about 300 WHP... PLUS... the N/A will launch right off the line and the turboed one will have to play catch up... if the HP are close enough the N/A will win... --- (It'll probably be 2.7 litre if i run higher compression pistions (raise compression, lower displacement))

Getting back to the Eco... if the bottom end isnt built, and the boost is dialed up too high... that aluminum block can only take but so much... as opposed to the Quad family's block which is Cast Iron, which will take more abuse.

and to seal the deal...

once you hit 400 WHP and above, getting traction off the line sucks... so getting back to what i said about catchup... if you can't launch, and i can... i'll finish the 1/4 first... cause i'll be far enough down the road you won't catch up before its over.

Don't underestimate the Quad Family Engines!

quad4forums.com FTMFW !!!

but yea... when i'm fully built, if i max it out and fall short of my WHP goal... i can always throw a Supercharger on the HO manifold (i know... this kills my N/A argument... but i want 300 to 350 WHP when its said and done)

Badasscav wrote:Trent- Just on a whim here but would you be willing to part with the vert as it sits?????? I think i need another car and ihave a feeling a boosted v6 vert is in my future............................

3800 Supercharged?
3400 Superchaged?
3500 Turbocharged?

??

---
Post 517 For the month of March

Edited 3 time(s). Last edited Thursday, March 27, 2008 10:53 PM

Friday, March 28, 2008 3:12 AM
^^^listen to this man. he knows his ish!

Friday, March 28, 2008 10:18 AM
Guess what Kyle and Tabs......I'm not trying to start an online arguement with you, but it's not gonna happen. My engine is built and it's boosted with te GM Charger...guess what......not making 300 whp......after getting a tune for the larger injectors i'll be making 200whp on 8 lbs of boost........and IF it were that easy to make 300whp on a 2.4L TC, dontcha think people all over the ORG would be doing it?? PJ (Skwirl) has got a N/A Ecotec making big power but guess what again??...there is more aftermarket support for the Ecotec.....our engines are old news Kyle......don't dump a fortune like did and be disappointed with the end result......find a charger, be happy with hte little bit of boost ya get with the 2.4L TC....that's why i picked up a WRX.....280awhp tuned.....BUT i will say on the flipside, turboing the 2.4L built will make 300's ....but N/A ..nope

Friday, March 28, 2008 1:38 PM
i dont want to start an argument either...

but...

yours is an LD9 (top and bottom) right?

theres a difference in the LD9 and the Quad 4 LO / HO

And right now i am sitting at about 200 with just forged rods, oversized pistons .020 over, Clevite 77 berrings, HO Intake Manifold (and Fontana Phenolic adapter), AEM WAI (K&N Filter), Pacesetter Header,2 1/4 pipe to Magnaflow high flow cat, and the Stage 1 Clutch. ive walked cars that everyone said my car should have lost to.

imagine now if i had the better designed block and better designed head, both fully built and bored out to accept parts from the other engines. then add better fuel and ignition systems and management, and a hp tune

but...

all i can say is we'll see what happens...

---
My 849th post for the month of March

Friday, March 28, 2008 2:06 PM
Yup ...str8 up LD9........similar rebuild upgrades.......oh i can imagine alright.......but what good is imagining if it never comes to light??.......concrete proof is what's needed......not a whole shyt load of words and empty promises....do you have the dyno numbers to prove it??......or is it guesstimation?? that's what it comes down to.......i'm doin my best to make the CNU show next Saturday....i think you should too and then we'll see.....what do the rest of you think?? I'd love to be able to take your word but there's a lot of history of a whole lot of hot air......If you prove me wrong, i'll admit it, but don't throw unconfirmed numbers/info out and brag about it......there's nothing worse than someone who brags about stuff and can't back it up................
Friday, March 28, 2008 8:19 PM
well next saturday is no good... im working all day at the shop... its crunch time for the big shows and we have a month to finish everyone's body and performance work, while keeping up the signage end of the business...

my car will be ready for Slam Session in Greenville NC on the last weekend of April. and i will be there.... you guys should go too... (Slam Session is about 15 times bigger than CNU --- about 1500 car show entries each year)

or if you dont want to make the 2 hour drive there, Speedline is throwing a CHKD Benefit show at Langley Speedway on May 3rd.

My numbers are approximations ... i have a dyno slip of 171 WHP when i first dropped the motor in 2 years ago, and a track time of 14.8 at 98 mph on the 1/4. Ive since then added the High Output intake Manifold, Fontana Phenolic spacer, AEM Intake, Pacesetter header, bigger pipe to the cat, and the Magnaflow cat, and now the car has a noticable gain in power. i approximated around 200 because of the gain in power.

---------------
Moving along... check this out... i painted the Z rims to match the HO IDI Cover

Refresher - this is how the IDI Cover looks

http://www.jbodysource.org/kyle/zwheels/DSC02499.JPG
http://www.jbodysource.org/kyle/zwheels/DSC02500.JPG
http://www.jbodysource.org/kyle/zwheels/DSC02501.JPG

Excuse how dirty my car is... havent had time to wash it yet.... but what do you all think? I used a European Clear coat over the wheels (its a little better than Chroma Clear, which is on the IDI cover and HO Mani)

Next on my agenda is to use Plastic Weld (which is a 2 part Epoxy) to mold the front and rear lip to the bumper (while making it look and flex like a lip still) ... for slam session show i'll have a graphic on my car, but then im peeling it... over the summer imma get my carbon fibre (diffuser, hood, trunk), paint a graphic in black down the side of the car, repaint it with HOK Kandy Bergandy with Ice and haze the mid coat of the kandy over the carbon and black parts of my car. Then im off to finish my suspension, then i'm building the motor from the ground up and will swap it in.

---
Post number 852 for the month of March

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Friday, March 28, 2008 8:24 PM

Friday, March 28, 2008 8:26 PM
The rims actually look kinda cool.........i'll give ya that......but i'm always around if you wanna see if you really got that much
Friday, March 28, 2008 8:31 PM
but you're boosted... and didnt you do the "Secret cams" already?

Friday, March 28, 2008 9:40 PM
yeah....but i only did the exhaust cam......planning on getting another set of secret cams (intake and exhaust this time) tho and poppin those in.......my point was.....even tho i did all those mods.....it's pretty much only stronger....i should have kept stock compression.......the charger will only push out so much and it's not enuff to make up for the lower compression.....i'm actually clsoe to maxin out the charger now with the 2.6 pulley.....i've still got 15-20 whp to play with but that's after it gets tuned with HPT because i have the Cobalt SS/SC injectors and running too rich........plus with 60k on the charger, it's about time for a reconditioning and port job by Steigemeier.......so with your mods compared to my mods.....we're actually about even numbers wise (even tho i'm boosted).....this is why i'm throwin the flag.....see my point??.....
Friday, March 28, 2008 10:05 PM
well i'm running higher compression (wise-co 10:1pistons .020 over)...

the GM charger only puts out about 10 PSI... lower compression isnt needed (we need to get you some pistons =P )

are you telling me that supercharged you arent pulling 200 Hp?

EDIT: i want to add in... I want to build a quad engine (2.3 LO bottom end with LD9 Crank + 2.3 HO top) and buy a third cavalier and drop it in... (or drop it in the Z and use the LD9 in something else)) but when i get to that point... i may just buy an LS integra for my go car... with all the parts... i can do an LS VTEC Turbo ITR conversion in under 2 hours. all i'd have to do when i was done was get it tuned... i just did this swap on my buddy's car (fully built bottom: eagle rods, CE 8:1 low compression pistons .20 over -- Fully built Type R head: P&P, Decked, upgraded Cams ---- Godspeed T3T4 Turbo --- Virgin ODB-1 GSR P72 ECU) and after getting tuned it dynoed at 480 WHP at 28 PSI. He daily drives it at 8 PSI and took it to florida shortly after i finished his car. The only thing that sucked about the install was tighting the bolts on the turbo manifold, and getting my hand on the timing belt tensioner.

but back to my point... the Z24 is too nice to cut up to be a show car... (and i have the 93 for that)... and its too nice to take off the road as a drag strip only car... my goal is to be an in between show and go car.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, March 28, 2008 10:22 PM

Friday, March 28, 2008 10:09 PM
I'm running the 9:1 compression........most M45's never see 10psi....effiecency range goes down when it spin it too fast....too much heat soaking.....it comes 4.5lbs stock with te 2.8 pulley.......6lbs with the 2.7 and 8 lbs with the 2.6.......the lower compression hurt me bad......about 200 to the crank and 180 to the wheels
Friday, March 28, 2008 10:28 PM
Well my pops and i are planning on making the cavy a road race/track/rally car. There's a tarmac rally called "Targa Newfoundland" up in Nova Scotia that's held in Sept every year. Planning on getting my rally license and running the cavy in it. Already have someone lined up to do my roll cage, Steigemeier to do my port and polish of the charger, co-driver from off of my ship, freshing up the engine with my pop's help.....well that's the goal for 2010. The Subie is my new DD....
Friday, March 28, 2008 10:30 PM
i edited the last post and added some stuff...

anyway as i established when the motor was dropped i was 171... i feel faster now and approximated 200.... what i know for sure that it is above 170 now...

I'll run if you want to... whoever wins wins... hopefully i dont mis-shift in to second. you're right... we should be about even...

but first i need to replace my IAC ... it came with the 56 mm TB from the junk yard (off a quad 4 LO in 95 Z24) and its starting to flake on me...

question: have you changed your oil pump.... i want to on my next oil change, and i can get a Melling pump for about 80 bucks... (ive been told i dont need the HO Melling... the standard should be fine... the Stock GM one is crap). Right now, every time i take a sharp turn, regardless of how much oil is in the pan, the oil light comes on for a few min

Friday, March 28, 2008 10:36 PM
No problems with any of the fluids at all.......stock everything fluids wise.......i'm also running Mobil 1 Extended performance synthetic, not using the DEX-cool crap, have the normal green stuff in there.....my engine doesn't even consume much oil at all......i'll add a little bit right before it's time for a change.....and that's gettin on it a lot
Friday, March 28, 2008 10:41 PM
i also run Mobil 1 extended Performance... i run it for 10,000 miles and it comes out pretty clean. I still run Dex... if i ever swap, i'll swap to the Prestone extended life yellow... but the Dex is extended life itself. i also need a new PS pump... i have a small leak... (once a month i top it off).... i'm waiting till i do the HO "Secret Cams" before switching over the pully driven pump

well my question was gonna be how much of a Pain in the A is it going to be to swap it with the motor in the car, but i reckon you've never changed it.....

Friday, March 28, 2008 10:49 PM
DEX is crap, it's been the greenstuff ever since i got it rebuilt.....no problems with it sludging like i had before with the DEX......i change the Syn Oil every 4-5k even tho i could go longer.....i like to have fresh oil as much as possible.....to make sure there's always fresh lube up top with the RPMs are high........PS pump is still my original and that's in good condition as well....as much as i beat on the car, it's in good shape so i don't know about swapping.....are there any car gatherings up there on the other side??
Friday, March 28, 2008 10:57 PM
i never had the dex sludge on me... down the line i will change the oil more often... but as of now i dont need to...

otherside??? i'm in Va Beach =P

friday and saturday nights there are meets over at Fuddruckers on VA Beach and Independence ... i make apperances but i dont regularly attend... Ultraspeed hosts gatherings at Freedom Wash on Holland and Independence on the same nights...

Also VADriven holds meets on weekends at Bass Pro Shop in Hampton... (but i wouldnt recommend going there)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search