OK Ohio people... - Page 2 - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: OK Ohio people...
Tuesday, July 29, 2008 1:21 AM
i like JBOH better

and damn jesse thats a hot sig!! whered you get that awesome picture?! lol

---

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 3:30 AM
I vote JBOH...but I really do not care.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, July 29, 2008 6:16 AM
I vote JBOH as well.. We have some really nice J's here in Ohio.. We are also getting alot of boosted J's that are up and coming.. No reason why shouldn't have a nice lil community forum..

Id be willing to travel as well for the meets.. Make it a one day thing or something, cookout, Theme park(although Id want to keep an eye out for my car there).

Jesse, yea that sig is the ISH man..

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, July 29, 2008 7:18 AM
Well I can't do anything on buying the name till the after 15th unless someone else wants to pay for it. The newer engine, wheels, and the girls B-day really put a hurt on me this month. I shouldn't wait till the last min before doing something huh. Do you think we should take 5 bucks or something from everyone to pay for website stuff and banners/stickers for everyone at each meet and always vote on how to spend it for the group.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 7:27 AM
Lets get it started before we start talking about taking money....

money is the quickest way to take a group of friends, and turn them into a group of enemies.

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Tuesday, July 29, 2008 7:27 AM
actually due to my lack of search jboh.com and .org is not avaliable but j-boh.com is avaliable. or we could go with jbodyoh.com.

trey- go-daddy sells the domain for $9.99yr. i have know idea how to setup and run a site. or else i would purchase one of those two.

also the programs that are need to run and edit probaly would kill this computer. i can get some info to get some of the basic style programs free.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, July 29, 2008 7:29 AM

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 8:35 AM
Well if they sell it for that cheap I will look into those later today. Cause I don't really know what I'm doing either on these. I'm sure I can learn quick, but I was told it was going to be like 100-150 for the name is why I was wanting to get some others to get in on that. So that is great news that it can be done for that cheap.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 8:52 AM
Tuesday, July 29, 2008 9:21 AM
ohiojbody.com is still available..why abbreviate? lol

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 10:37 AM
ohiojbody.com > all the rest

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, July 29, 2008 10:49 AM
Don't we want the .org instead of the .com? Let me know cause as of right now they are both still able to be ours.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 11:14 AM
Before you use www.godaddy.com you might want to read some of the horror stories at www.nodaddy.com I would recommend using www.namecheap.com which is less than $10 a year. Then find a quality hosting company such as www.asmallorange.com hosting package could run $50 - $1000 a year. Then you have to choose a forum company which range from free to $300. It's also time consuming to run a site you have modifications to the forums people ask for, creating back ups for database, promoting, moderating, etc., etc., etc. Modifying a forum is also more than simple html.

I almost made a jbody site when I created my local Ohio site but I decided to create a site that was open to all makes and models. When you make a site aimed towards a specific group and state you limit members, advertisers, etc. My site is going on it's 3rd year and I have yet to break even so whoever decides to create, manage, and run the site take all the factors in to consideration. It's also very rewarding as I have meet a lot of people and had some great meets.

Whoever sets it up and if you have any questions you can pm and I will do whatever I can to help.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008 11:41 AM
whatever it is i am in.... feels good to still be a part of the j scene

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 3:17 PM
Well does anyone know what the final cost of getting the name and the site up and running without anything really big going on. Cause I'm not just going to toss out money for it on my own if it is going to be a few hundard out of pocket. So can I get a straight line cost on this stuff please.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 4:18 PM
once the site is up we could design some shirts and whatnot so whoever all is paying to keep the site up can have some extra dough

i could mess with some designs for a logo tonight if someone hasnt already?

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 4:19 PM
trey lmk ill throw in 50$ to help out

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 4:24 PM
No logo has been worked yet as far as I know.

Matt - Thanks! I will find out soon about what we are going to need to get this started.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 4:35 PM
well ill start whipping up some designs and post them up later

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 4:35 PM
i also advertised this on MidWestEcotec.com to try and get my people to come over and help out

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 4:37 PM
TRD Cav Fire wrote:No logo has been worked yet as far as I know.

Matt - Thanks! I will find out soon about what we are going to need to get this started.

not a prob you and dave are my boys

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 4:40 PM
why not just get the domain, and use it as a home page with a link to the forums.

then just use a free forum setup until it takes off, and go from there..

I think its invisionfree or something like that that has a upgradeable setup...

Or if down the line we move the forum to a better host all you have to do is change the link on the home page...

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 4:48 PM
To start you could go with $10 for the domain name and try the medium shared package http://asmallorange.com/services/hosting/ costing $110 total. Then you can go with phpbb or smf forums which are free. This will keep the cost at the lowest as you build the site and see how much traffic you get. You won't have a ton of space for images but as the site grows you can upgraded your hosting package.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008 4:50 PM
ohiojbody or even something like ohiojs.net or .com, but whatever it is im for sure down

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 8:55 PM
Matt Gorman(ECOjunkk) wrote:
TRD Cav Fire wrote:No logo has been worked yet as far as I know.

not a prob you and dave are my boys

Hey now c'mon..I should begin to join that group :-p

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 8:57 PM
aaand..I like the idea of ohiojbody.org..keep it in the same structure or whatever

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search