OK Ohio people... - Page 3 - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: OK Ohio people...
Wednesday, July 30, 2008 2:30 AM
let me know i will throw in some money for TVR

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 9:08 AM
J-BOO! lmao.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 9:43 AM
so when is the next NE Ohio meet? back in Cleveland and finishing up the Demo car.

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK
Wednesday, July 30, 2008 9:57 AM
THE HATED ONE wrote:so when is the next NE Ohio meet? back in Cleveland and finishing up the Demo car.
Well I'm never really off on the weekends cause I'm in Sales, but I do get off around 6pm on Sundays. I'm changing my days off next week to Thursday and Friday so maybe something on Friday I might be able to swing something. I just got some issues at the house I need to get handled before I do much more with the cars.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 10:12 AM
THE HATED ONE wrote:so when is the next NE Ohio meet? back in Cleveland and finishing up the Demo car.

Well if you ever need a hand with anything. Just let me know. Even though you have never meet me, nor have I meet you. LOL

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, July 30, 2008 10:56 AM
All these days of you asking me about all this and I just now make my way to the thread

Now as far as rules I would suggest simply this, for membership there shouldn't be a requirement.

If you start making meets mandatory or requiring a minimum you will chase people off.

Keep the maturity level as well, you don't want the group to be known as "childish" or "immature"
set basic guidelines of,

1. OBEY THE LAW (that's a big one)
2. No screwing around, i.e no donuts in parking lots, fireworks, pointless revving, overkill music volume.
3. Clean up your mess, never leave trash behind.

Also a good thing to do is scout out car friendly locations that wont impede business or traffic.
Get written permission from management to have the meets in their lots, again keeping you legal.

So long as you follow those basics you should have no worries.

For the site, I would suggest getting everyone together before worrying about it. The Jersey J's for years did their meets off the regional forums. It got us exposed to the people interested in our area and helped us to grow and become Jersey GM. Once we "outgrew" the regional forums and expended to a GM car club we created the site and forum.

JGM has a monthly meet sometimes two but typically we keep the meets to one of the last two Saturdays of the month giving people plenty of time to work it into their schedules. Having the meets to often turns them into a bore.

When it comes to the logo and all that draw some up talk to the folks in Image manipulation, have some one else worry about design and you guys just agree on one. **cough cough Jesse cough cough** Once you guys get a logo done up let me know I can get you decals, shirts, and the like.

Hope some of that helps you guys out if not just call me an jackass

Good luck peoples once you get it all sorted out I'll come out for a meet.

JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008 11:46 AM
GMSCO.org was setup a long time ago for this

GM Small cars of Ohio

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 2:48 PM
hmm... i see... damn..........................

uh.. im still in on an Ohio J's site ha

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 3:26 PM
i was signed up for GMSCO but have since forgotten all that was involved with it lol

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 4:09 PM
jnickel wrote:i was signed up for GMSCO but have since forgotten all that was involved with it lol

aswell did i

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 4:23 PM
i've never heard of it until now

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 8:48 PM
Ohio J-Bodies gets my vote. for short you can call it OJ.

just buy a domain and have it redirect to a free forum. http://www.invisionfree.com offers a really good free forum setup. been running the WI J-Tuners/WI GM-Tuners forums off them for 3 years now. if you want to see what i've set up for the WI GM-Tuners site, http://www.wigm-tuners.org

Also that same group, just released http://www.zetaboards.com . Its another free forum setup (basically the next version of Invisionfree). There's tons of cool new features on it like making your own webpages that they host themselves and is integrated into your zetaboards forum. But its still has a few bugs. I plan on upgrading the WI GM-Tuners forums too this once the bugs are worked out.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Thursday, July 31, 2008 11:37 AM
Cheeter wrote:GMSCO.org was setup a long time ago for this

GM Small cars of Ohio

Forgot all about that. But honestly GMSCO is a lot better of an idea than a J-body thing. Since the car has been discontinued a lot of people have gotten rid of the car and gone to the Cobalts anyways. I think it would be good to not have somethign limet to J-bodies.

I mean, we were at the GM Tuner Bash. Maybe we could keep along that lines? GMTOH.org or something along that lines. That would be kinda cool cuz it would open it up to people with other stuff. I know theres a lot of S-10 guys out there and such. Just a suggestion.

Thursday, July 31, 2008 1:43 PM
may not be a bad idea

Thursday, July 31, 2008 5:28 PM
To be honest I think we need a site just for the J's of Ohio. Cause lets be honest right now we suck getting together and knowing each other. I was asking David and some of my other locals who is this and that the whole weekend. If anyone with the know how to do this site want to take charge? We can take a collection on things. I would like to lock down the name of the site, and just get it workings no matter how bad it looks.

Friday, August 01, 2008 7:36 PM
ok if we are serious in wanting to do this say yes. because i will take over making a site for the most part. i know a guy from work that said he will help and walk me through doing this. i just need a yes or no.

side note-- i'm really up for domain name of j-boh.

Saturday, August 02, 2008 10:24 AM
I SATCHMOE YOU!!!! wrote:All these days of you asking me about all this and I just now make my way to the thread

Now as far as rules I would suggest simply this, for membership there shouldn't be a requirement.

If you start making meets mandatory or requiring a minimum you will chase people off.

Keep the maturity level as well, you don't want the group to be known as "childish" or "immature"
set basic guidelines of,

1. OBEY THE LAW (that's a big one)
2. No screwing around, i.e no donuts in parking lots, fireworks, pointless revving, overkill music volume.
3. Clean up your mess, never leave trash behind.

Also a good thing to do is scout out car friendly locations that wont impede business or traffic.
Get written permission from management to have the meets in their lots, again keeping you legal.

So long as you follow those basics you should have no worries.

For the site, I would suggest getting everyone together before worrying about it. The Jersey J's for years did their meets off the regional forums. It got us exposed to the people interested in our area and helped us to grow and become Jersey GM. Once we "outgrew" the regional forums and expended to a GM car club we created the site and forum.

JGM has a monthly meet sometimes two but typically we keep the meets to one of the last two Saturdays of the month giving people plenty of time to work it into their schedules. Having the meets to often turns them into a bore.

When it comes to the logo and all that draw some up talk to the folks in Image manipulation, have some one else worry about design and you guys just agree on one. **cough cough Jesse cough cough** Once you guys get a logo done up let me know I can get you decals, shirts, and the like.

Hope some of that helps you guys out if not just call me an jackass

Good luck peoples once you get it all sorted out I'll come out for a meet.

To sum it up, NO RICE BOYS!

Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Downpipe w/ Cutout | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Saturday, August 02, 2008 11:26 AM
I say Yes! I like OhioJbody.com

Saturday, August 02, 2008 12:18 PM
either OhioJbody.com

or

OhioJs.com

Saturday, August 02, 2008 12:32 PM
Either one is fine with me too...

Saturday, August 02, 2008 3:17 PM
sunburst04cav wrote:either OhioJbody.com

or

OhioJs.com

yay! OJ!

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!

Saturday, August 02, 2008 3:37 PM
ohiojbodys.com

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Saturday, August 02, 2008 3:41 PM
i am in! either name is fine with me!!!!!!!!!
Saturday, August 02, 2008 5:37 PM
ok i'll check those domain names and see whats avaliable and go from there on that. i'll try to keep everyone updated on this. it might take me a couple day to get it up and going because i have to work 3 more 10s and close all those days. so i won't get home untill 9:30 but i'll get the ball rolling.

devon-- nice meeting you at the bash btw.

Sunday, August 03, 2008 5:13 AM
TRD Cav Fire wrote:We all talked while we where down at the bash, and we need to get together more. Cause it seems I was meeting people that I should of known from before, but it is now time to get organized together. We can rotate meets from all the major citys if need be, but Columbus seems to be in the most central to all. Plus it makes it very easy for me since I live here. I'm going to get with some people about getting a site setup that is like JBOO.org that everyone can see and post on. I thought about making up a logo that we can use to be seen as more of a group then just some people hangin out once or twice a year. This should be something that we enjoy instead of just a name. So who's with me...

I am down.........even though I am from Pa

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
190hp/170tq @ 6psi

LD9 for Life
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search