CARBON FIBER DOOR HANDLES? - Page 3 - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: CARBON FIBER DOOR HANDLES?
Thursday, August 28, 2008 8:45 PM
projectautocrossz24 wrote:waiting to see some as well as a set price (2dr) as well. Would these be adhesive covers or what?

most like likely adhesive application. and not a double tape app either i hate that stuff always fails. it would be more reliable form id have u use to apply.

Thursday, August 28, 2008 9:13 PM
a bead of silicone and some clamps is all youll need to adhere the handles to the car.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 3:09 PM
anything yet?

simple minds talk about other people.
average minds talk about events.
great minds discuss ideas
Thursday, September 11, 2008 4:35 PM
Sorry work has had me in and outta new jersey i just came home 2day, i was able to run a side off and turned out good wanna try a slightly diff way to see if its any better. I am working on them tho.

Friday, September 12, 2008 12:13 PM
kick ass! send me a pic if you get a chance

Friday, September 12, 2008 12:26 PM
yeah man post a few pics...let up see the in work stuff too...maybe we can offer suggestions

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 6:16 PM

ok so heres a teaser pic now keep in mind this is the first shot. like i said im trying a few ideas on doing this. This one was right out the mold n thats it i didnt trim it and it ended up with a air pocket at the one end. im messing with a diff setup now for the next one. all and all it think for a tester this was a nice turn out. ill trim it up and put it on the ride for a install type of pic. what do u think so far. ideas would be great.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 6:36 PM
looks good cant wait!!!!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 8:32 PM
nice! great to see these go to someone who will actually make something out of them

when you start making $ off of them, keep in mind that ive also got a set of molds for the 95-02 sunfires for evil eyelids they are actually EASIER to make than those and will sell for the same or more.

Thursday, September 18, 2008 8:02 AM
looking good bro cant wait for you to finish these up

Thursday, September 18, 2008 11:07 AM
yeah, thats damn good for a trial run.

Cant wait to see a final finished product.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 7:18 PM
FYI guys this project is NOT i repeat NOT dead work and the weather have not been cooperating well lately. i can only do these outback right now cause my cousin has my garage a mess with his primer project car(hope hes getting it outta there with in the week).waiting on materials to get here for a tweak to these im toying with that will just be crazy when they are done so keep baring with me. they will be worth it.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008 8:52 AM
just take your time and experiment to get some nice ones to pop out

Wednesday, October 01, 2008 9:11 AM
Listening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEtZlR3zp4c
Wednesday, October 01, 2008 9:46 AM
Stealthcav wrote:just take your time and experiment to get some nice ones to pop out

x2

Thursday, October 02, 2008 4:06 AM
~~still watching~~

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, October 02, 2008 7:11 PM
-MD- LD9 wrote:~~still watching~~

x2

Thursday, October 02, 2008 7:38 PM
Thanks guys glad to know that.

Monday, October 27, 2008 8:23 AM
little up date i finally got a package in the mail the other day of my new material they had been out of for a few weeks of back order. the new stuff looks awesome and i cant wait to work with the new stuff if they turn out the way i hope they will u guys will drooooooooollllllll. any way just keeping posted.

Monday, October 27, 2008 12:54 PM
awesome!! glad to see an update

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 10:42 PM
Not to bring back an old thread but did anything ever come from this guy making the door handles? I am sure that making CF items cannot be that hard once the technique has been learned. Where would someone find molds of various items to begin making stuff cuz it's something I would like to get into my spare te when I am not tinkering with my cars?

Thursday, January 21, 2010 6:05 AM
Todd Daniels wrote:Not to bring back an old thread but did anything ever come from this guy making the door handles? I am sure that making CF items cannot be that hard once the technique has been learned. Where would someone find molds of various items to begin making stuff cuz it's something I would like to get into my spare te when I am not tinkering with my cars?

i second that...id like a set for my acvy as well.... this guy ever get a final product?

Thursday, January 21, 2010 8:26 AM
yes as u have seen i have gotten a few out. iver been messing with a few diff techniques to get it perfect. the shop picked up work alot so this got back burnered but i have been working on it i have two set came out great all ready and are accually on the car. its also a matter of a clean item im going for too. i also tried to keep on this but had the comp crash and i lost my favorites. couldnt find it. but they are still going were getting this olds outta the shop so should free up time for me to get on these. since there was enough interest in them too.

Thursday, January 21, 2010 8:28 AM
sounds good just checkin thanks

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search