MD Meet Update (We Gotta Time/Place) - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
MD Meet Update (We Gotta Time/Place)
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 7:57 AM
We are meeting this saturday (may 14) at lets say 8:00 when the sun is setting @ the pepboys parking lot on ritchie highway. Feel free to show up whenever. Like someone in the forum already brought up, please no one do anything stupid that will attract the cops. Andrew+Handcuffs=

I hope to see as many J's out there as possible i don't care bring friends. All I know is the local VW's and Honda boys are gonna sh!t a brick when they see 20 some J's chilling in the middle of Glen Dirty... LOL

Thanks....
Andrew (aka Riceboi)

Re: MD Meet Update (We Gotta Time/Place)
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 8:17 AM
Sounds good 2 me

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 8:21 AM
Im down, count me in.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 8:38 AM
have fun. as steph stated before, i'm not a fan of GB...i tend to avoid it because of so many idiots trying to race "cuz it's kool, y0"

grrquack.
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 10:01 AM
is it me, or does the whole

"we gotta show up 20 strong cause the honda and VW driving people will be like holy sh_t"

nothing personal brah, but thats whats really crappy about the car scenes as of late.

i dont know about the rest of you, but most people who drive hondas and have egos dont give a crap about cavaliers. you can stack 110 up next to 5 of theirs, you might get a compliment among their ridicule about why theirs is so much better.

they hang and mod their cars cause they like doing it. the same reason most serious modders do.

this is EXACTLY why places like glen dirty got played out back in 2000-2001

too many people thinking, you need a plethora of people just to impress drivers of another brand of car group. Glen dirty, is full of cavaliers. its not like anyone down there hasnt seen a boatload of body kitted, large mufflered, cars of any type, besides maybe a crown vic.

thats exactly what i spoke of with "egos" in the last post.

VW and honda drivers arent gonna sh_t a brick. granting they dont have egos like most, some might stop to check out stuff. which is cool.

if they do have egos, then that will just be 20 more cars strong to ridicule in a small area.

and you can garuntee when egos among car brands are there, someones gonna have to show off, cause they think their brand is better. thats when the BS starts, and then you get kicked out shortly after. doesnt have to be any of you, but all it takes is one idiot showing off to attract an officer.

g'luck though.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 10:07 AM
I agree Event, but when he said it I thought he was jokin..............may be wrong but I joke when I say it. Again, very well put!

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 10:17 AM
actually.......I don't see that many hondas anymore....theres actually a good bit of different cars now......not saying theres not still a good bit of hondas but now i see more trucks, srt4's, bikes, 1 or 2 wrxs.....theres some cavaliers....not many...a orange 97 cavy and a couples 03's and up, most of the hondas in GB are turbo now.....a couple of eclipses.....and some other assorted stuff.....not ruled by hondas anymore.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 10:20 AM
i might as well put this too....thier egos never died though....still big.....just they are getting beat by the vws, srt4s and evos.....lol theres a turbo tacoma in gb somewhere too lol....forgot to mention that.....and yes....turbo

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 10:21 AM
but the problem with GB is, most of the kids down there(NOT ALL) do just the stupid cheap pep boys stuff, and really don't bother to do much else. they get the cheap stuff because they want to fit in, and smack talk on other brands of cars because it's "cool" to do so.

people who give themselves royal titles without actually being royalty are st00pid.
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 10:23 AM
anyone got an address of this place?? I want to go but I don't know the area at all.

I ain't callin u a gold digga,but you ain't messin wit a broke cracka
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 10:31 AM
Every state as those people that do those kind of mods to just fit in. It just takes time for them to realize what they really need to do and hopefully change their ways and actually invest some funds into their vehicle.

I think it is good of the enthusiasts that know what they are doing to throw some advice their way when they see the opportunity to do so.

Personal example: A kid bought my body kit off of me the other day (rear bumper, side skirts). While he was leaving he said that he was going to order those electric superchargers off of eBay.

I of course was giggling inside because of how much of a waste of money that is but I ended up saving him some money because I mention to him what all that really does (nothing at all). I didn't call him an idiot or tell him how stupid he was for thinking about it, a lot of people fall for things like that and it is understandable.

Later on in the night he gave me a call asking about the body kit fitment and the crush panels, so I stopped on over to help him out and discuss more about how to install the body pieces properly, etc.

If you can lead people in the right direction in their automotive building good things can come out of it because they will spread the knowledge that you teach them onto others and you will get a good group on knowledeable tuners.

Have a good one,
Justin

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 10:35 AM
Most definately a joke I don't want any trouble
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 10:36 AM
Yeah all this happens everywhere. Laura, you and Event were up in Rockville. Same stuff up there. You will find it anywhere you go. Weather is POS stuff or something Daddy got them. Someone everywhere will have an ego, think their @!#$t is ice cream etc. It's kinda like a rule of the game. You can't just walk into any hobby or lifestyle and think everyone will be on the same level. You'll always have people who want to show off. One day they will get theirs though.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 10:39 AM
if your trying to find the ritchie raceway (joke) look up JBA Chevrolet Glen Burnie, Md 21061 Pep boys is right next door to it.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 10:41 AM
Glen Burnie
7311 Ritchie Hwy
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 10:41 AM
Queen Racerchic wrote:Someone everywhere will have an ego, think their @!#$t is ice cream etc. .

My @!#$ is Cookies N' Cream.

Have a good one,
Justin

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 10:43 AM
Queen Racerchic wrote:Yeah all this happens everywhere. Laura, you and Event were up in Rockville. Same stuff up there. You will find it anywhere you go. Weather is POS stuff or something Daddy got them. Someone everywhere will have an ego, think their @!#$t is ice cream etc. It's kinda like a rule of the game. You can't just walk into any hobby or lifestyle and think everyone will be on the same level. You'll always have people who want to show off. One day they will get theirs though.

sure...that's why i don't bother going out to try and impress anymore. i KNOW and fully ADMIT i drive a POS grocery getter, just like 75% of the world. i don't have delusions of grandeur that it's going to be fast, or look incredibly sexy. i admit what i have, and don't try to shoot higher than i can attain.

i can't say the same for a LOT of people on this forum.

people who give themselves royal titles without actually being royalty are st00pid.
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 10:45 AM
justin - you make one of the more valid points around here...but the real problem is, the kids i come across all have this belief that their @!#$ doesn't stink, and won't listen to advice.

again, it's just like MANY members of this forum. i gave up trying to help, because they rarely listen.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 10:45 AM
Ill Be there..

i dont give a shat about what brand car there is...as long as the guy is the same that drives it...

i will talk to anyone that has a good attitude...all my friends drive foreign cars...and i will be bringing them..but doesnt matter to me because they know the dedication i put towards my car.

Anyways...Ecofire if u need any help getting there..give me a call saturday nite before u leave and ill meet u somewhere...its just like ur going towards the eastern shore. Just dump off 50 onto route 2.....410-490-7555

lata guys!...and girls

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 10:51 AM
falnfenix wrote:justin - you make one of the more valid points around here...but the real problem is, the kids i come across all have this belief that their @!#$ doesn't stink, and won't listen to advice.

again, it's just like MANY members of this forum. i gave up trying to help, because they rarely listen.

True, I understand that completely. I tried to help some people out in the past and got brushed off. It happens, but if you could get say 5 out of 10 tuners to actually listen and absorb the information you are giving them, that is better than not trying at all.

Now as far as giving information and suggestions on a forum, I stopped that a while ago with the exception of a little bit of suggestion here and there.

Have a good one,
Justin

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 10:58 AM
hehe this turned from a friendly meet to a heated debate!!!! Just Kiddin' Yes I will admit Glen Burnie....even though I live there....People seem to think that thier S--- don't stink....and they are alot of people that just love to do burnouts or pull thier ebrake in a full parking lot and hit lightpoles......but they have nothing to do with "US" meeting....and there are some out there that are actually nice.....The Cops will kick you out of the parking lots no matter what.....in fact I don't know if its a good idea to SIT at pepboys b/c I think somebody p-ss-d the cops off and they said no more sitting there or tickets will be handed out......but there is always ames parking lot (which is closed down so the cops DO NOT care as long as you don't do stupid stuff) or McDonalds which once every night around 11pm everybody gets kicked out anyways. But then again....if people didn't do anything stupid....then there would be no problems with just chillin' anywhere.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 11:03 AM
Justin, your @!#$z cookies and cream.............that why you were too cool to come ghost huntin? lol j/k it's all good, I know you were sick! But next time man.

Honestly I think it would be cool to say maybe a day or two a month we meet at different spots (those who want to and can). This way we can meet other people and all. We can also do like a cook out or day at Six Flags or something. That way it's not always the same thing.

BTW my favorite reason to go to Glen Burnie is to buy Checkers and eat it in McDonalds! haha and yes I've driven a 1/2 hr just to do it before. Plus there isn't any Checkers near my house!

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 11:07 AM
six flags would be pretty cool for a picnic too....

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 11:17 AM
Very true. It would be fun to, set up a cruise down with pick ups along 95! Plus they have that new water park! lol!

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 11:26 AM
What are we gonna do once we are at glen burnie? Reason why I am asking is because I dont wanna drive all the way there and sit in a parking lot.......I could do that here. I am not trying to dog the idea but most meets start with a "lets meet here" and then end up turning into a 5 minute deal then everyone leaves. Instead of meeting and parking, someone plan a meet then cruise to different locations where there are things to do.

Ex: Meet at rockville Pike at 7pm......then roll over to Hooters for some wings, then cruise over to dave and busters or even the Rio in gaithersburg.

A cruis to the leesburg outlets and VA area is nice too.

I just dont want to sit in a parking lot staring at hondas and srt4's while everyone tries to figure who has the better car.

Alex
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search