MD Meet Update (We Gotta Time/Place) - Page 3 - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: MD Meet Update (We Gotta Time/Place)
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 3:33 PM
Andrew Watts wrote:We are meeting this saturday (may 14) at lets say 8:00 when the sun is setting @ the pepboys parking lot on ritchie highway. Feel free to show up whenever. Like someone in the forum already brought up, please no one do anything stupid that will attract the cops. Andrew+Handcuffs=

I hope to see as many J's out there as possible i don't care bring friends. All I know is the local VW's and Honda boys are gonna sh!t a brick when they see 20 some J's chilling in the middle of Glen Dirty... LOL

Thanks....
Andrew (aka Riceboi)

Again, I will be there.....its like 4 minutes away from my house......don't know how long I will stay b/c my g/f is weird about things sometimes......but I WILL definently come and meet anybody who comes down. Bring Friends!! I don't care what kinds of cares either....just the j's have to park together

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 3:58 PM
Joe Dunn wrote:@!#$ Glen Burnie. The place sucks. Many of the people are not friendly at all. Most are dicks. The cops are complete @!#$s. The parking lot is about 62 miles away from my house so @!#$ that. I went there a couple of weeks ago and met one person other than the people I went there with. I ate Checkers which is not my idea of lavish cuisine. The place smells like trash. Smells like wheaton. There are not many cars to look at and go ooooh or ahhhh. It's more like lmao at the APC stickers and wings. Check this out yo! I got spinning hubcaps. @!#$ that. And if you want to say that there are SOME nice cars there I would believe it if I saw it. But when a civic pulls up next to me and there are cops that have already pulled people over and they are trying to get me to go at it in front of the police that is when I know I have had enough of that @!#$ bull@!#$. May 14. I will be doing something else not in Glen Burn it all.

sorry, but in bold, i found that to be VERY hilarious.

if you are gonna use a word, atleast know what it means?

Main Entry: 1lavˇish
Pronunciation: 'la-vish
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English
1 : expending or bestowing profusely : PRODIGAL
2 a : expended or produced in abundance b : marked by profusion or excess

i think its safe to say that checkers, being fast food is definately made in abundance and there is an excess of fast food nation wide

and yes its definately produced in abundance.

which would actually make it "LAVISH"

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 4:17 PM
Joe Dunn wrote:@!#$ Glen Burnie. The place sucks. Many of the people are not friendly at all. Most are dicks. The cops are complete @!#$s. The parking lot is about 62 miles away from my house so @!#$ that. I went there a couple of weeks ago and met one person other than the people I went there with. I ate Checkers which is not my idea of lavish cuisine. The place smells like trash. Smells like wheaton. There are not many cars to look at and go ooooh or ahhhh. It's more like lmao at the APC stickers and wings. Check this out yo! I got spinning hubcaps. @!#$ that. And if you want to say that there are SOME nice cars there I would believe it if I saw it. But when a civic pulls up next to me and there are cops that have already pulled people over and they are trying to get me to go at it in front of the police that is when I know I have had enough of that @!#$ bull@!#$. May 14. I will be doing something else not in Glen Burn it all.

I'm sorry you feel that way Joe, I guess you have to live in Glen Burnie to understand how Glen Burnians are. First of all the guy in the civic wasn't trying to get you to go....he just couldn't drive......nobody is a D---.....they just don't like people they don't know b/c they think your up to no good and NOBODY ever comes here from different places b/c of the Bad Rep people give it.......yes its not the best place....but then again it could be worse.......just my comments......cause i'm bored at work.....
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 4:20 PM
blackcavygod wrote:

I'm sorry you feel that way Joe, I guess you have to live in Glen Burnie to understand how Glen Burnians are. First of all the guy in the civic wasn't trying to get you to go....he just couldn't drive......nobody is a D---.....they just don't like people they don't know b/c they think your up to no good and NOBODY ever comes here from different places b/c of the Bad Rep people give it.......yes its not the best place....but then again it could be worse.......just my comments......cause i'm bored at work.....

please tell me you ARE jokin...

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 4:25 PM
i was driving the civic.....nah i'm joking
i'm bored and he was flamming Glen Burnie, I do live in Glen Burnie though that is true.
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 5:03 PM
Queen Racerchic wrote:How about this...................

IF YOUR COMING YOU SHOULD BE THE ONLY ONE POSTING IN THIS TREAD!

Stop bashing and get over it. You've already jacked one of his threads with your useless bickering. Your not coming thats fine, but don't waste our time to go through your bs. Arguee if you must on the other thread.

But yeah I plan to be there, it's not far from my house!

Thank you...my point exactly...lets see 2 Topics of this forum are about the same thing...and about 100/110 are people crying over how bad glen burnie is...

We, the people who are actually going to meet...actually like going down there and chatting..

You, the people who are crying about glen burnie...dont need to show up...

Sorry guys im just tired of coming into this post, and have to read about "how bad glen dirty is" or any of that sort...we like it, were going...get over it

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 5:40 PM
how about those who get butt hurt from others views and opinions, MAN UP.

this isnt the "you can only post what makes everyone happy forum"

this isnt the "care bears" forum

if feelings are hurt from me saying that....shove em.

if anyone hasnt realized, MORE would show up if you didnt plan the meet in such a crappy run down area, hence the reason for suggesting other places where you dont get harrassed.

not everyone likes to sit in a parking lot and be harrassed for no reason. anyone would have to agree, piss poor planning usually yields piss poor results.

it makes absofreakinlutely no sense to go sit in an area known for police patrol and getting kicked out (pepe's boys) when you know every week, it happens. if thats what you have an itch to do, then say so. thats not a problem.

people traveling from rockville or further in md, and some PA, prob do not wanna travel 50+ miles just to play musical meet sites, wasting gas, just to meet people for a few minutes and then move then hope you dont get kicked from the next parking lot, where others from other clubs are usually, cause they also got kicked out.

hell you might as well have the meet in front of a police station in the fire lane if you enjoy going to a place then getting harassed out, then another, then harassed out.

Quote:

You, the people who are crying about glen burnie...dont need to show up...

honestly, out of fairness, i do hope people telling others NOT to show up or NOT to post DO realize this is the regionals forum. Everyone is allowed to post, and since the meet is in glen dirty, it IS on topic.

no one is crying, people are making suggestions. theres a difference, for example...

some one sayin glen burnie is a bad choice, is an opinion.

sources tell me when your loose strut brace broke that sensor down at pahtcubs house and you started to freak out and whine about how will you get home???.... thats more or less crying about something

summary: everyone is allowed to post just as anyone else. if someone has a view and it doesnt match yours, deal with it. comment on what you DONT agree with or perhaps even take it into consideration.

you guys say you wanna meet new people, but then you tell em not to come or post cause they dont prefer glen burnie. learn to compromise.

hell theres been people in VA and rockville that didnt wanna come to the baltimore area cause they were scared of the drive or scared of being around the city.. i compromised and made the trip there instead. over the past 6 years being around JBO and rksport message board, i;ve met quite a few decent people. but then again ive also learned to compromise some as well.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 5:44 PM
falnfenix wrote:^^^ was for Queenie up there

Why don't you get the hell off my back huh? I've tried to be nice but you are such a 'bad ass' aren't you!? hhahaha get the hell over it and leave me alone if you ain't got nothing nice to say! Thanks sweetie!

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 5:53 PM
so lets see

1. ME
2. racerchick
3. Jamie

you scratch my ride IMA EAT YO CHILDREN
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 5:54 PM
no, "sweetie" - i'd like to see you get the sand out of your bajina already you've not impressed me since your arrival on this forum. you think you're ms badass with your car...but it's nothing special. you think you're ms special because you know all these people who do all these great things - but teckademics and car trenz are NOT reputable. you irk me. now do me a favor and stop acting like you own the world.

*ahem*

i agree with Art. this is a regional forum, and since y'all aren't mods, you can't say that nobody's allowed to post unless they're coming. if you want to know who's coming, then start a list - those who plan on showing up will continue said list. it works on other forums despite the BSing that's inevitably going to happen, so why wouldn't it work here?

oh wait...it won't work here because people can't handle BSing in their own threads, but they're willing to BS in everyone else's.

i'm done with you newbs...those from the area who know me, know that i can't stand pussies or whiny people...nor can i stand those who think they're all important because they're female, or have a body kit on the car. show me some substance and i'll think you're alright...or at least have the decency to listen to other people when they have something to say. continually repeating yourself, and making yourself to seem all-knowing WHEN YOU'RE REALLY NOT is child's play.

have fun with your glen dirty meets...i'll be more than happy to stay on the other site of the beltway, away from the streetracing jackasses on ritchie.

as Art said - if feelings are hurt from me saying that, shove em

people who give themselves royal titles without actually being royalty are st00pid.
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 5:56 PM
and yes, i am finished posting in this thread...mods don't need to warn me again, i'll discontinue the childish arguing.

people who give themselves royal titles without actually being royalty are st00pid.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 6:50 PM
I don't act like I own the damn world or like my car is the @!#$. I know my car sux, he'll I'll be first to say it. But at least I'm tryin to do something with my life. I don't go around boasting about people jsut cause. I invited people to come hang out at a gtg that Teck was having, I never said they were the @!#$. I said that they, like here have people who are stuck up and think they are the @!#$ but aren't. I said I had friends there, Car Trendz did nothing but good for me. FOR ME!!!!! Now I can only say what I know, and I know the people that have gone there haven't had a problem. I also suggested Altered Atomsphere and another place. I was trying to be nice for someone who was asking a question. I NEVER foced them to do anything. I dont wanna impress you I want you to leave me the hell alone, thats all I ask. Get the hell outta my business, stop making comments towards me. YOU are the only one I have a problem with, I tried to be nice but you don't wanna be. Thats fine but just leave me outta your wanna be bad ass attitude and stop acting like you @!#$in know me. Get the hell over it and move on drama queen. Pretend Im not even here, that would be great. I have opinions that I say same as you, but do I bitch about what you said? No, don't do it to me. You ARE a drama queen, thats all there is to it. YOU are the one that comes at ME. Not the reverse. And don't come at me like you know me, you don't. I don't act like I'm better then anyone. Just cause my user name is that don't mean crap, it's a joke. Look at half the other usernames people have. God just stop and leave me alone good enough?

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 7:27 PM
Ok...damn....heres the thing,

We all want to meet right? We all have the same interests right? Well, a meet was introduced for the Glen Burnie area...cool, but what some people on here need to realize is that not everyone wants to meet at certain locations. Like Event said, people need to compremize...thats all.

If the meet is deffinetly gonna be at Glen Burnie then whoever wants to go....go. But for those who do not want to go thats cool.

People are expressing their feelings about this because of past experiences and quotes like this:

Quote:

okay, well i mean u can go cruise around glen burnie and get tickets all nite..

and other things that was said.

Have the meet...let us know how it goes and then be done with this. I hope everything goes well....I just can't see myself driving 50+ miles to sit in a parking lot.
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 7:46 PM
sigh...

i guess people dont understand...

i Am from the eastern shore...OVER the bay bridge...

me driving to glen burnie is alrdy a 30 minute drive for me...

and u guys are talking bout driving to Jillians...Columbia..baltimore...etc..

Those places listed are an hour...some more...and on the weekends...i dont even bare to sit in the OC traffic at nite...

So yes...i said i was going to Glen Burnie this weekend...me and Brian Both..we go down there all the time..but for you all to sit here and say u dont want to drive..u have to remember, its not just you doing the driving, EVERYONE drives..and when theres going to be a meet in the NE forum..then i am most likely going to have the farthest drive..

All the times we went to Paht's house in VA..i didnt complain because i was learning..

And Art of all people, how can u sit there and say something about that nite..

I was like 17 years old..i came to learn and u are sitting here criticizing me of my Knowledge? yea my car was idling at like 4k RPM's...and my car is a POS...so what?

But just to let you know, that nite i NEVER, not once mentioned how i was getting home...i told them if worst comes to worst, i woulda got it towed...for the 18th time..

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 8:17 PM
95CavBlue wrote:sigh...

i guess people dont understand...

i Am from the eastern shore...OVER the bay bridge...

me driving to glen burnie is alrdy a 30 minute drive for me...

and u guys are talking bout driving to Jillians...Columbia..baltimore...etc..

Those places listed are an hour...some more...and on the weekends...i dont even bare to sit in the OC traffic at nite...

So yes...i said i was going to Glen Burnie this weekend...me and Brian Both..we go down there all the time..but for you all to sit here and say u dont want to drive..u have to remember, its not just you doing the driving, EVERYONE drives..and when theres going to be a meet in the NE forum..then i am most likely going to have the farthest drive..

All the times we went to Paht's house in VA..i didnt complain because i was learning..

And Art of all people, how can u sit there and say something about that nite..

I was like 17 years old..i came to learn and u are sitting here criticizing me of my Knowledge? yea my car was idling at like 4k RPM's...and my car is a POS...so what?

But just to let you know, that nite i NEVER, not once mentioned how i was getting home...i told them if worst comes to worst, i woulda got it towed...for the 18th time..

i said that to cause its true. thats what CRYING is. were you not just the one saying other people were crying?

i didnt say anything about the fact that you learned. thats fine, cool, whatev, brah. but you made the statement people were crying cause they dont wanna go to GB, correct?

doesnt matter how old you were, and i am not criticizing your knowledge, i am stating how you acted. i wasnt down there that night, however donovan and pat told me how you reacted. you went into panic. when people panic, some cry or whine about things.

doesnt matter if its your car, showin moms you got your first F in school, or that you wrecked dads new car. when most panic, most cry or whine.

like i said, theres a difference between crying about something and voicing an opinion.

as far as distance goes....

you have the FARTHEST drive? BS.

people in rockville, alex andrade, etc rouhgly an hour cause he is out of rockville a bit and 42+miles from GB

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&1a=&1c=glen%20burnie%20&1s=md&1z=&1y=&2ex=1&src=maps&ct=NA&2a=&2c=Rockville&2s=MD&2z=&2y=US&2pn=&2l=3ZUTpXNHFcw%3d&2g=%2bBSZ6s6ADOs%3d& 2v=CITY&2pl=

1 hour dude. your 30 min, vs his 1 hour.... hell for me its half hour to get down there as well. thats not long.

think about that for a second. alex is an hour a way, and doesnt wanna just sit somewhere after an hour long drive to there, and an hour long back. hence the reason suggestions were made.

round trip your drive is an hour. his is 2 hours. easy math.

if i go down there, i drive just as much as you do. and you wanna talk about people "crying" about something???? its not the distance, its the area. remember when i told you about the arospeeds and i said, you pay for quality. i am sure those sportlines ride WAY better. same for anything, sometime you go extra for quality. might mean travelling a bit extra.

not to mention jillians is like 10-15 minutes from glen burnie.... 8.06 miles. and i doubt many of you drive the speed limit religiously, so you can factor 10 minutes... if that.

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&un=m&cl=EN&ct=NA&rsres=1&1ahXX=&1y=US&1a=&1c=glen+burnie&1s=MD&1z=&2ahXX=&2y=US&2a=&2c=Hanover&2s=MD&2z=

lastly, when going to pahtcubs house... me leaving from hunt valley area....

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&un=m&cl=EN&ct=NA&rsres=1&1ahXX=&1y=US&1a=&1c=hunt+valley&1s=MD&1z=&2ahXX=&2y=US&2a=&2c=reston&2s=va&2z=

1 hour 22 minutes....

even if you left chester md, which is where you are

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&1a=&1c=reston&1s=va&1z=&1y=&2ex=1&src=maps&ct=NA&2a=&2c=Chester&2s=MD&2z=&2y=US&2pn=&2l=r2OcFFgeN1w%3d&2g=wNbUIZjHgkk%3d&2v=CITY&2pl=

1 hour 20 minutes.

dont pull this... i drive the farthest stuff.

Thursday, May 12, 2005 4:01 AM
well noone has mentioned any other ideas of a meet...

so they mite as well just close this thread cuz its going nowhere

Thursday, May 12, 2005 4:15 AM
95CavBlue wrote:well noone has mentioned any other ideas of a meet...

so they mite as well just close this thread cuz its going nowhere

I have mentioned many ideas, look 95cavblue, I have no problem with you or any member in the region. I believe your ideas are valid and I do believe you have good intentions for this meet but you HAVE to realize that not everyone wants to drive whether its 15 minutes, 30 minutes or an hour one way, just to sit in a parking lot especially in an area not to many people are fond of.

Example, I had a couple of cookouts at my place and my friends place for region members. Some members drove from Baltimore area and some from Montgomery County area. Me, I did not drive at all since the cookout was at my house or my neighbors house. I had tons of food, we had a video camera to record a good time. People were talking, we were joking around, we talked about movies, music, referencing movie lines.....it was a great time! Then that evening, we all got into our rides and went to a local spot on Rockville Pike where a lot of tuners hang out. Yeah, police cruise around there but they don't mess with ya till 11-1130pm or so. From there everyone went on their way. I think people had a great time because it was planned out where there was something to do. Food, conversation about anything then a cruise to a local spot.

Thats just an example of what I find to be a good meet/time. I am not saying your idea is not as good. Hell, I would like to meet you and other members but just not to sit in GB for a couple of hours and then go home, thats all I am saying.

No hard feelings, no dissrespect to you or anyone here....I think we all have good intentions when we plan a meet.

Thanks
Alex
Thursday, May 12, 2005 5:03 AM
Why don't we play it by ear... We show up and show off our cars, meet some people, just hang out. After all were not all meeting up to go on a date together... It's about the cars remember, not about we need to go some where to have fun.. Once we hang out for a while then we decide to do something, it will probly be easier with everyone there... But, then again what do i know this might not be a "J" forum at all but a lets toss around ideas and then get pissed at everyone forum... (joke)

But, seriously we'll figure it out.
Thursday, May 12, 2005 5:35 AM
/me grabs bucket of pop-corn and waits for round 2

I ain't callin u a gold digga,but you ain't messin wit a broke cracka
Thursday, May 12, 2005 5:38 AM
I like the cookout and softball idea...

Thursday, May 12, 2005 5:48 AM
so wait im confused......are we meeting or not..........All you all are doin is talking about problems......i thought this thread was called MD meet....not MD problems.........Now lets get the ball rollin on this meet and quit bickering at each other....

you scratch my ride IMA EAT YO CHILDREN

Thursday, May 12, 2005 5:56 AM
LOL tell that to Laura..............

Yes SOME of us are still meeting. Some people don't like the idea of Glen Burnie, but there will be a meet for those who don't care!

Thursday, May 12, 2005 6:11 AM
dig ding ding ............round 2 has begun

I ain't callin u a gold digga,but you ain't messin wit a broke cracka
Thursday, May 12, 2005 6:25 AM
alrite...

when u are at someones house what do you do? u sit around, joke, talk, eat...

sounds just like something you can do down at glen burnie...

glen burnie has good restaurants...

we could all go to ESPN zone in bmore..that is some fun...

im not really into this softball idea but i dont mind basketball...thats something i can whoop ass in!

Thursday, May 12, 2005 6:39 AM
Well, I personally cannot play ball...lol you would whip me all up and down the court on that one....but that sounds cool, I am down to play some ball but after that we will play soccer and see the tables turn...lol.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search