Jersey J - June Meet - Welcome To Summer - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Jersey J - June Meet - Welcome To Summer
Sunday, May 28, 2006 5:17 PM
Hello Everyone,

Well you guys should all be excited. The days are longer, the weather is warmer, the season is in its prime. So I am sorry about missing May's meet. I hope all went well. I ended up spraining my ankle anyway so I would not have been able to drive.

How does everyone feel about having the meet on June 17?

Again same location: Chik-Fil-A in Hamilton. Time is the same 7:00 PM.

Also having the pre-meet as usual starting at 5:30 PM cruising at 6:00 PM.

I hope to see everyone there.

Re: Jersey J - June Meet - Welcome To Summer
Sunday, May 28, 2006 6:34 PM
i'm good for the 17th.... but since we have some more light now how about we put the meet time back to 8pm again?

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Sunday, May 28, 2006 7:43 PM
Rich and I will be in Boston that weekend
Monday, May 29, 2006 12:37 AM
im not sure if pj told you festa but the manager or whatever that originally said we could hang out there quit. june 17th should be fine i suppose.

Monday, May 29, 2006 3:05 PM
good, someone can buy my a chicken dinner for my birthday..... doubt I will have the Cobalt by then....

--------------------
Brian D.

Monday, May 29, 2006 8:50 PM
works for me i think

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Tuesday, May 30, 2006 6:00 AM
i work til 10 on saturdays now... sorry guys.

slowly but surely...

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 6:26 AM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:i'm good for the 17th.... but since we have some more light now how about we put the meet time back to 8pm again?

8:00 PM will work for me. Then everything gets pushed back an hour, pre-meet at 6:30. Does this make it better or worse for anybody?

Lamb Of Goddess wrote:im not sure if pj told you festa but the manager or whatever that originally said we could hang out there quit. june 17th should be fine i suppose.

No I did not hear that. Figures we finally get something good and it leaves us.

Alicia Cressey wrote:i work til 10 on saturdays now... sorry guys.

Sorry to hear that Alicia. You will be missed until your work realizes that you are a Jersey J and need the night off .

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 2:14 PM
17th sounds good!
Thursday, June 01, 2006 12:03 PM
Well im not sure if anyone has noticed ... but i havent been around in awhile.

Between the accidents, the fuel problems, the lambo door snapping and the exhaust breaking for the third time ... now onto this ...

Something in the clutch went and everytime i pushed the pedal down, DOT3 would shoot all over the engine bay.

Ugh. I would like to get rid of this car. I have no luck.

Thursday, June 01, 2006 1:24 PM
I knew chevy's could start f'in up on you but damn the car is so new....

Thursday, June 01, 2006 2:01 PM
Alicia Cressey wrote:i work til 10 on saturdays now... sorry guys.

I guess I'll never get to meet you!

DJ, sorry about your car.

I have no idea if I will be around or not...that is the week I will be switching jobs, from Advance Auto Parts to Empire Coach in East Brunswick (yes, they make limos) if all goes well tomorrow at the interview.

See you guys soon!

Sam

Ban low-performance cars, not high-performance ones.
Thursday, June 01, 2006 3:41 PM
dj, its probably just a clutch line or the slave cylinder... won't be big deal at all... well, shouldn't be anyway...

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Thursday, June 01, 2006 7:42 PM
Yeah .. haha with my luck, and the dealership was hesistant at even looking at my car with all the "mods".

And right as i was going home to write my final thesis of the year, which i couldnt get done. Then i had no ride to work, and my ride to prom/seaside for the weekend is gone.

Just really bad timing, and the fact that i lost all passion for this car awhile ago doesnt help.
Maybe its time for something new ...

Friday, June 02, 2006 6:28 AM
Just got the phone call , they wont work on the car unless i put "the factory air box back into place".

Saw that one coming .

Friday, June 02, 2006 7:00 AM
dj, did the bleed screw get opened somehow? where was the fluid spraying out?

8pm meets are the shizz I'm so game

in other news... I've sold my supra and all of its parts to focus solely on the skwirl. I'm getting rims pretty soon, I have a front lip on the way (need to pick out sides), going to get a fresh coat of ultra silver on all the new body @!#$.. lots and LOTS of new stuff happening by the end of summer... btw I'm looking for a 2000+ S10 if anyone knows of one I need a daily driver...

Friday, June 02, 2006 7:05 AM
And in other news:

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier front driver fender fails to support the weight of a 200lb caucasian male.

First quote response was will not fix, damage is not repairable.

Second quote by dealer on Tuesday, June 6, 2006. Estimates state might require a new fender.

Things just aren't made the way they used to be.

Friday, June 02, 2006 8:26 AM
The ECOnator (Encriptor) wrote:And in other news:

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier front driver fender fails to support the weight of a 200lb caucasian male.

Second quote by dealer on Tuesday, June 6, 2006. Estimates state might require a new fender.

lol lardass!

do i even want to ask WHY you were trying to support your 200lbs with your fender?

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Friday, June 02, 2006 8:40 AM
chevy.......

Friday, June 02, 2006 10:06 AM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:
The ECOnator (Encriptor) wrote:And in other news:

lol lardass!

do i even want to ask WHY you were trying to support your 200lbs with your fender?

I actually landed on my car, didn't try to support myself.

Friday, June 02, 2006 6:28 PM
didn't your mother tell you to stop jazzercising in the garage?

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said

Saturday, June 03, 2006 11:50 AM
Update , yet again:

The dealership told me to come in and remove the aftermarket intake, and put the stock airbox in. So in the pouring rain with my OWN tools i had to bring in, and do the swap outside.

They told me the slave cylinder/ clutch line blew out because of my "Aftermarket intake, and the lack of factory air box". Ugh ... what?

They also said that they have to pull alot of strings and are doing me a favor by "faking the warranty to make it seemed like its covered because the vehicle has no stock parts left on it"
Ugh ... what? It has an intake, and an exhaust? The drivetrain is completely stock, along with the internals, head ... etc.

Even the DRIVER DOOR is now back to stock.

They also said they would not help me with a rental because they are "doing me a favor" ...

Then they continued to tell me and my mother ... THAT
ANY AFTERMARKET FLUIDS IN THE CAR NOT SUPPLIED BY GM DIRECTLY , VOIDS THE WARRANTY.

So me using Mobil 1 oil, and adding a bit of STP Dot 3 fluid voided both warranties ..

::rolls eyes::

Saturday, June 03, 2006 12:42 PM
mobil 1 is provided by GM from the factory

Dj, they're full of @!#$

bust out the Magnuson Moss act on them dj

Magnuson Moss act

here's the first paragraph

magnuson-moss act wrote:Can an automotive dealership void your warranty?

Understanding the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975.

Nearly everyone has heard about someone who has taken a vehicle that has been modified with aftermarket parts to a dealer for warranty service, only to have the dealer refuse to cover the defective items. The dealer usually states that because of the aftermarket parts the warranty is void, without even attempting to determine whether the aftermarket part caused the problem.

This is illegal.

Sunday, June 04, 2006 6:51 AM
How does the factory air box have anything to do with the brakes? Ask them that and see what they say. Also, what dealership is this so I tell everyone to stay away?

Sam

Ban low-performance cars, not high-performance ones.
Sunday, June 04, 2006 12:52 PM
Its All American Chevrolet ... They said because the clutch fluid resovior was not in the exact location as stock that it blew the slave cylinder/ clutch line. ( I had it zipped tied to the Convertable Strut bar. Clearly bull@!#$ , because it was right underneathe full until i pushed the clutch in and it shot out all over the place. Dealerships are a joke.

I even told you them your name Festa, that doesn't mean anything to them.

Im so done with this car, just sucks ill probally have to keep it until im out of UTI.
My family has nothing but good deals with Dodge, so im smelling an SRT with some Mopar ugrades when i can afford it. .

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search