NY-Jbodies.org - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
NY-Jbodies.org
Tuesday, October 10, 2006 1:13 PM
Is gone they finally turned out the lights. the site was lets face it doomed i went their to see new post or make my own but it has less action than a 700pound man.

Re: NY-Jbodies.org
Tuesday, October 10, 2006 1:15 PM

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 2:08 PM
yea i hear that, thats why i stop posting on there

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 4:48 PM
Back when ihad myfirst cav i didn't any of this would exist. then i found the org got my new cavy. Ny j's was to before my time. sucks

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 5:37 PM
that site existed? Hrm...

1989 Sunbird GT Turbo Convertible
1993 Bonneville SSEi
1993 Bonneville SSE SC
Wednesday, October 11, 2006 8:51 AM
Heheh,
Yes its still there.

They have the library stuff for the HO mani swaps, and general vehicle info for our cars.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Wednesday, October 11, 2006 10:18 AM
yeah it is back up i spoke to soon. Yesturday it was a dead page.

Saturday, October 14, 2006 4:31 AM
Yes you did...lol. The page isnt dead. I would say the club itself is though. we're all around but i think we're just all too busy with other things. its too bad life gets in the way of things, ya know...
Monday, October 16, 2006 10:48 AM
Yeah i know waht yeah mean dave my car was in a collision shop for a month and i have moved into a new apartment. Since the new stereo i haven't been able to do jack to the car.

Monday, October 16, 2006 1:47 PM
Yea havent posted in there for decades... havent gotten replies for that long either. Still up for meets but everytime i try to set one up no one wants to go. Besides these year on year off deployments are killing me...

~Riki

SPONSORED BY: No one!
Car Domain Site
Monday, October 16, 2006 4:25 PM
I used to go out to albany to meet almost every week with mike and his supercharged cavy but. he killed his tranny and i just paid a but load to get my car back and moving puts me back in the poor house for alittle while. well in the new place with no extra cash. We had one meet this year with more than 3 j's it was pretty cool but nobody had a camara.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 1:01 PM
gonna bring this one back from the dead....only because NYJ's was my baby from the beginning and it's sort of sad to see it go.

If anyone has Nate's contact info, I'd be interested in talking to him and buying the rights to ny-jbodies.org...if for nothing else, keeping the library up and running.

for those who don't know, Jon French (MiniTransAm) and I started NYJ's in 2001 with a couple other people and we grew membership into the triple digits within months. we held our first meet that winter at the Hooters in Albany with myself, Jon, Chris Mccabe and Chris Beach. Those were the days.

The following fall we held the first official club wide meet in Syracuse where we had a car count easily into the 20's with people coming all the way from Buffalo, Albany and even places closer to Long Island. I have pictures from this meet somewhere, I'll post them if I can ever find them. If anyone that was there that day is still on JBO let me know if you have any shots yourselves.

Soon thereafter, Jon moved to PA and I decided to concentrate more on my education and other personal issues. The club continued with Beach, Nate, Nikki, Milissa, Dave and a few others and they continued with the meets. I had hoped that the club would continue on, but I guess I was wrong.

Any OLD NYJ members still around?

Brian

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 2:05 PM
FrostySunfire wrote:gonna bring this one back from the dead....only because NYJ's was my baby from the beginning and it's sort of sad to see it go.

If anyone has Nate's contact info, I'd be interested in talking to him and buying the rights to ny-jbodies.org...if for nothing else, keeping the library up and running.

for those who don't know, Jon French (MiniTransAm) and I started NYJ's in 2001 with a couple other people and we grew membership into the triple digits within months. we held our first meet that winter at the Hooters in Albany with myself, Jon, Chris Mccabe and Chris Beach. Those were the days.

The following fall we held the first official club wide meet in Syracuse where we had a car count easily into the 20's with people coming all the way from Buffalo, Albany and even places closer to Long Island. I have pictures from this meet somewhere, I'll post them if I can ever find them. If anyone that was there that day is still on JBO let me know if you have any shots yourselves.

Soon thereafter, Jon moved to PA and I decided to concentrate more on my education and other personal issues. The club continued with Beach, Nate, Nikki, Milissa, Dave and a few others and they continued with the meets. I had hoped that the club would continue on, but I guess I was wrong.

Any OLD NYJ members still around?

been registered there for quite some time, but barely ever post....but as far as the how-to's and tutorials, if you cant get the rights to the site, i have webspace i can host them on if needed.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 2:38 PM
Yeah i lost contact with after the first meet. when i have the fuel next year i will be up for meets maybe i will have something extra other than a completely stock z sedan.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 4:03 PM
The place pretty much died, i've been on there for 2 years. Been to a couple meets but its always a traveling issue for people.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 4:37 PM
Whats up brian. It's Dave. I'm still here. Yaeh we really dropped the ball with the club didnt we? Its sad cuz it was doing so damn well for a while. I know part of the problem was getting people together. everyone is always so busy. life kinda tore us apart. Nate ran into some hosting issues and had to try to get people to donate money to keep the site maintained, so that didnt help too much. then from there it just kinda went downhill. im not sure what his email is but his aim s/n is zeroburn82. I talk to him every once in a while. my s/n is mortallenemy, and my email is disturbedcavz24@yahoo.com . If you wanna try to get things up and running again im def up for helping you out any way that i can. I know Nikki and Milissa are in the area too although I havent talked to them in forever. Lat i heard beach had gotten rid of his cav and got a jeep i think it was, but im not sure. let me know what you want to try and do. maybe we can get things working again.
Tuesday, October 31, 2006 4:39 PM
Brian I just sent nate an IM and link to this post.Hopefully he will get in touch with you.
Tuesday, October 31, 2006 5:55 PM
Brian, my email address is shuttersn@gmail dot com. The hosting dues are coming up and the domain name is locked in till 2008, i can send you all the info just let me know.

The reason the site is down/not working is due to the host, i have a trouble ticket in but havent heard back from them yet.

nate

Friday, November 10, 2006 6:42 AM
So what would it take to bring that site back from the dead? I'm stuck in Afghanistan for at least 3 more months and am currently learning PHP. Would a redesign do any good? I would also like to look at a new server to house the page on?

Nate any suggestions or am i beating a dead horse?

~Riki

Car Domain Site
Friday, November 10, 2006 1:45 PM
I'm still around if anybody cares

Friday, November 10, 2006 3:32 PM
a redesign and some more involvement would make that site great i think. Php would be the way to go, the data base is already mysql. if you send me an email ill give you the logon and you can play around if you want.

i think alot of us are around but have lost intrest.

Saturday, November 11, 2006 3:39 AM
So is there a point to redoing it?

Nate here is my email: rikiknight@gmail.com

Regardless i will be doing it anyway just to see if i can.

~Riki

Car Domain Site
Saturday, November 11, 2006 5:23 AM
does anyone have any of the how-to's in there? they were valuable to the community...i was looking for the header how-to yesterday and realized the site went down.

this useless post brought to you by the alcoholic known as LUNDiS

Saturday, November 11, 2006 1:18 PM
lundis wrote:does anyone have any of the how-to's in there? they were valuable to the community...i was looking for the header how-to yesterday and realized the site went down.

Yep they are still there. I will make sure that i put them in the new site if all goes well.

So here is what i have so far...

I want to get a toon of a cavalier and sunfire on the main page also. A car from the site would be best if some one could make one.

~Riki

Car Domain Site
Saturday, November 11, 2006 5:21 PM
so are you guys just keeping the page alive or you trying to get the club going again?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search