what all parts are people looking for? - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what all parts are people looking for?
Saturday, April 09, 2011 9:24 AM
I have been going to different junkyards looking for parts for my 87 z24. So if I know what people are looking for I might be able to help some of u out if u let me know what u need. And tell me how much u want to spend for such part and if come across it I will pick it up for u. Email me at dnaf26@yahoo.com and put parts in the subject line so I don't miss ur email

Re: what all parts are people looking for?
Saturday, April 09, 2011 6:31 PM
Thanks - I am always looking for 2.0 turbo units as a whole... I could also use an induction tube for a 1.8, and upper door molding, and rear window molding for my 84 sunbird convertible. Hey, and an SS hood for my 94 Camaro should you come across one

Email sent...

Saturday, April 09, 2011 8:31 PM
Any blue 1984 Cavalier convertible seat belt parts or blue drivers seat for same (the seat was also used in Z24s, RS's and type 10's). Also any good 2 door doors and rear passenger side chrome wheel moldings.

Thanks,

John

Sunday, April 10, 2011 4:42 PM
Hey Dale,

Very nice of you to offer this. Thank you! I called Dean Klinger's last week on that possible '86 red Z24 hatch lead you passed on to me early last week- looking for an inact undamaged '86 Z24 nose bumper cover. He took my number but did not call me back. Perhaps I'll call again this week. They are only 2 hours from me.
Sunday, April 10, 2011 8:21 PM
That is a good idea looking for stuff for us first gen owners.I have looked at my local and only had one buick skyhawk(83) a while back maybe two or three wks ago.I might be popping back there this wk,Idk right now.but I will keep my eyes open for some things posted up if I remember all the things.Good idea and I am in nc so who knows what will show up here.Rust is not as bad on stuff.

Monday, April 11, 2011 8:52 AM
dale nafzinger wrote:I have been going to different junkyards looking for parts for my 87 z24. So if I know what people are looking for I might be able to help some of u out if u let me know what u need. And tell me how much u want to spend for such part and if come across it I will pick it up for u. Email me at dnaf26@yahoo.com and put parts in the subject line so I don't miss ur email

I called back Klingers today- they said the '86 Z24 nose bumper cover is 'all busted up' so I am still in the market for one.
Monday, April 11, 2011 1:20 PM
Joe's in New RInggold, PA had a 1st gen Z hatch last year, I won't be getting there again for at least a month, but the front was good when I was last there.

Harry's in Hazelton had NOTHING.
Monday, April 11, 2011 1:21 PM
On that note, I'm still hoping to find a set of Z-24 doors. I was working on the ones at Joes last year when some moron came and trashed a few things including the doors.
Monday, April 11, 2011 6:13 PM
I am trying to find a nice set of grey seats for my 87 z. I know 88 the seats changed atleast on the z24. Trying to keep it original it still had the original trunkmat in it that I pulled out about a month ago. And if anyone is looking for a package tray, trunk divider jute, trunk mat or even a storage bag for there sunroof for a cavalier.My work makes restoration car parts. And if u call them and u have a pattern they are interested u might be able to get a free one. But we make parts for all kind of cars. From a gto, mustang, and even some newer stuff. Mainly interior parts but we do more then 8,000 parts. Their number is (717) 838-4242 and I don't get anything out of advertiseing the place but hopefully if u need a part like what I listed it will help u out. I know parts ain't always the easiest to find.
Monday, April 11, 2011 6:34 PM
My local Pull A Part has an 86 cav and 4 87 cavs...I'll take a better look. I know one was a Z24.

Dale, does the place you work at make interior plastic clips? I need the rear moulding clip for a 79 Grand Am and no one makes them. Thousands of Malibu guys need them. I have 1 unbroken NOS clip..

Also, I have 85 Sunbird vert interior in red..I would like to get rid of. Anyone between TN and IA, I can drop it off..
Regular hood, fender and door....

I'm always looking for 78-80 Grand Am parts....always...
Monday, April 11, 2011 7:31 PM
Wayne Schiff wrote:Joe's in New RInggold, PA had a 1st gen Z hatch last year, I won't be getting there again for at least a month, but the front was good when I was last there.

Harry's in Hazelton had NOTHING.

Hey Wayne- thanks- I will look them up and give them a call.

Monday, April 11, 2011 7:48 PM
dale nafzinger wrote:I have been going to different junkyards looking for parts for my 87 z24. So if I know what people are looking for I might be able to help some of u out if u let me know what u need. And tell me how much u want to spend for such part and if come across it I will pick it up for u. Email me at dnaf26@yahoo.com and put parts in the subject line so I don't miss ur email

Hi again Dale.

Awesome. I'll send an e-mail as well but here is my list: which I am very lucky to say is short

'86 Z24 hatch-
Exterior:
-nose bumper cover

For gray interior:
-driver's side left side seatbelt sleeve that bolts to the floor

-a gray "GM" front floor mat chiclet- that little 1"x1" rubber square that is glued into a recessed square in the lower outside corner of the matt (yes, I know this is a ridiculously small thing but god is in the details)

-one of the two black hard plastic stops that holds the hatch area rug in place- screwed into the hatch floor just behind the seat backs

-digi dash right side control pod-has the delay wiper and rear defroster switch

Again my thanka, and again, I am thankful my needs list is pretty minor compared to some of the huge jobs others have taken on.
Monday, April 11, 2011 7:50 PM
Iowa Pub wrote:My local Pull A Part has an 86 cav and 4 87 cavs...I'll take a better look. I know one was a Z24.

Dale, does the place you work at make interior plastic clips? I need the rear moulding clip for a 79 Grand Am and no one makes them. Thousands of Malibu guys need them. I have 1 unbroken NOS clip..

Also, I have 85 Sunbird vert interior in red..I would like to get rid of. Anyone between TN and IA, I can drop it off..
Regular hood, fender and door....

I'm always looking for 78-80 Grand Am parts....always...

Hey Pub- let me know if there is an undamaged '86 Z24 front bumper cover in there.
Much appreciated
John
Monday, April 11, 2011 8:27 PM
No we don't mold plastic but we do carry some plastic clip can u send me a pic of it?
Wednesday, April 13, 2011 3:59 AM
Pictures sent Dale.
John, I can check out the nose in the next few days.
Saturday, April 16, 2011 9:02 AM
john, it is an 87 Z24. Undamaged nose
Thursday, April 21, 2011 7:36 AM
I am begining to think maybe it will be easier when se find there donor cars in junkyards maybe we should snap a few pics of them that way if someone asks about a part we can have something to refer to
Friday, April 22, 2011 7:21 PM
Iowa Pub wrote:john, it is an 87 Z24. Undamaged nose

Hey Iowa Pub- sorry I have been away- busy as hell at work. Thanks very much for the report!

Pub, everyone- is the 86-87 nose bumper cover interchangabe? I know the '87s have the undernose valance piece which is hard to find now. I know it's weird but I actually don't want the valance piece- roads are too rough here and I would plow it, Can it be removed clean so it looks like an '86, and I could help out an 87 owner who wants the valance portion?
Friday, April 22, 2011 9:38 PM
Iowa--

Now that I know you're much closer to my location, the Z-24 in the junkyard, how are the doors? I would want them with everything but the door panel since I need crank windows to replace a boogered up job of a previous owner turning mine into power windows.
Saturday, April 30, 2011 2:42 PM
Well I am heading to an ez pull yard tomorrow mourning so I will be on the lookout for parts I hope everyone still needs what they told me they needed.
Saturday, April 30, 2011 8:03 PM
since you're near me, either way let us know what junkyard you went to.

Sunday, May 01, 2011 1:18 PM
The ez pull in new ringgold really didn't have much for first gen parts there was 1 87 cavalier but really didn't find anything worth while on it. It had the 2 flip out Windows with the black trim but drivers side window was busted.
Sunday, May 01, 2011 5:58 PM
That's near me, if I knew you were coming, I'd have baked a cake :p

That was the place with the red Z-24 hatch last year, but now they have a coupe? When you say the driver side window busted, do you mean that flip out window?

I might just run up for the passenger side only one anyway.
Sunday, May 01, 2011 11:33 PM
It wasn't busted that long ago. And Yes I mean the rear flip out window it was a white 87 cavalier not a z24. Well their was no longer a z24 hatchback up their either.
Monday, May 02, 2011 9:48 AM
Think I am gonna go up to klingers this weekend and see what I can find from the regular cavaliers.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search