digital dash 87 z24 - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
digital dash 87 z24
Saturday, April 02, 2011 7:46 AM
I have a few actually but I might be willing to part with one. Just curious if their is any interest I will check them out more thoroughly to make sure everything is good on them yet. Or could be interested in even a part trade for my car just let me know

Re: digital dash 87 z24
Saturday, April 02, 2011 4:31 PM
I would be interested. I am a little weary of the digital because I had mine go out in my '87 z-24 when it had 35,000 miles on it. Luckily, it was still under warranty at the time (that was in 1989).

But anything is better than the stretched out speedo and dummy lights the vert has now!!

Joel

Saturday, April 02, 2011 7:01 PM
I have an 86 Z24- digi dash is working save for what is probably a minor short - the right side readouts for temp gas oil and amps go 'full bar' (all segments lit) depending on the outside temperature and plastic parts flexing w/ the temp. Also over bumps.
If I press the display faceplate in a certain spot to the left of those readouts it goes back to normal.

Problem is I have zip zero nada electrical know how.

So, that all said, it seems to me a good idea to have a good working spare digi dash for the many years down the road.
Yes- I am interested- no parts to trade though.
Sunday, April 03, 2011 1:27 PM
I don't really know anything about these, but just as a heads up to those that may want a digital dash--when the cars came off the line back in the day, for some reason GM used a different code for the air conditioning system when someone ordered a digital dash.

I don't know what other differences there may be if someone is interested in installing digital from analog, but just wanted to throw that out there. Maybe someone will know whats up with that and post up and I'll learn something else.
Sunday, April 03, 2011 7:36 PM
i would really like a good working digi cluster all three of mine the tach does not work so if i could get one with a working tach would be great. check shipping to 55398.

you can email me at kregernick@aol.com since im not on the org that often.

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 1:44 PM
Well I only have one at the moment I can spare I have 2 minus the one in my cav and I want to keep a spare. So I don't know how to be fair about this unless I just go with best offer. I did try all 3 in my cav and they all work so 1 is up for grabs. I will keep my eye out for more though and if I find anymore that work I can let everyone know.
Tuesday, April 05, 2011 2:07 PM
I can be reached at dnaf26@yahoo.com please put digital dash in the subject line so I don't miss your email
Tuesday, April 05, 2011 10:15 PM
dale nafzinger wrote:I can be reached at dnaf26@yahoo.com please put digital dash in the subject line so I don't miss your email

email sent

Friday, April 08, 2011 5:28 PM
Dale, sounds like you got a fair amount of interest from other guys so I'll bow out. Perhaps I'm in a non haggeling mood right now cause I got outbid for a stupid little 2.8 MFI multiport badge on ebay for $17 for one!!!!
Saturday, April 09, 2011 9:07 AM
Well best offer I got was $75 including shipping thought there would be more interest then that. I buy them from junkyards so I am taking a chance if they work or not. Then I bring them home and road test the dashes and check all the bulbs and replace any bad ones.
Saturday, April 09, 2011 9:26 AM
Which side badge were u looking for I have one extra if its the same side I can look?

Thursday, April 21, 2011 1:12 PM
This dash has seen sold if i find anymore good ones i will be sure to help another person out
Saturday, August 20, 2011 12:51 AM
Do you have any more dashes for sale?
Saturday, August 20, 2011 3:25 PM
Robert cI have one I sent an email to ur email addy about the details if interested
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search