My springs lifted me - Page 2 - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Here's some Evidence
Thursday, May 05, 2005 11:02 AM
James Cahill wrote:Those are definetely not the right springs. The correct Eibachs only have 2 or 3 high rate coils, not 5 like those. Those could be L or N body springs.

Those springs you have look exactly like the ones i put in, the same amount of coils.

the eibachs are taller than the stock springs in the rear for me as well but only raised my car maybe 1/4"

Thursday, May 05, 2005 7:31 PM
well eibach is trying to work with me. I was under the impression the eibachs were supposed to be slightly shorter than stock and are performance and LOWERING springs hence they aren't supposed to raise the body at all, but lower it considerably. I believe James is right on this one and if so maybe you got the wrong set as well. I'm hoping to hear from my eibach tech man tomorrow. But if they even raise my car an eighth of an inch I'm returning them correct springs or not.

Originality and Creativity surpasses Popularity

Thursday, May 05, 2005 11:57 PM
I have the right springs, and for everyones information J, L, N all used the same springs. The eibachs raise the rear of the car because the factory springs are weak and sag with age. My rear was sitting 2 inches lower than the front.
They are indeed performance springs that do offer a drop over stock height, that does not mean they will be lower than your worn out springs. if you are going for lowering then please get another set of springs eibachs are for people serious about performance. but yes you have something wrong, most likely installed wrong or a defective spring although i don't see how that could be possible.

Friday, May 06, 2005 6:21 AM
I'm not turning this into a debate... and yes I know stock springs sag over time and yes of course they were a bit worn out. why wouldn't they be after 13 years? but all I'm sayin is even if they raised my rear just as much as they did for you, they obviously wouldn't be three inches higher. you can see in the picture of the wheel well that it's far too high and in fact, "jacked up". I DID NOT INSTALL THESE WRONG. they are installed just like yours are actually. if I had just replaced brand NEW stock springs with the eibachs there should be about an inch gap inbetween the tire and lip, not 4. the picture speaks for itself. it looks like a fuking doom buggy. I don't care how much previous springs sagged everyone's should sit about the same (given no extra weight and such) after new eibachs are installed.

Friday, May 06, 2005 7:16 AM
Im not debating y ou whats the problem?
You do have the right springs and they look exactly like mine did, and you see the pic i posted of my car with them, I have maybe 1/2" of gap between my rear tire and fender, so you must have a bad spring, there isn't really anyway to install them wrong i guess.
maybe your car is just too light? hehe

Saturday, May 07, 2005 9:46 PM
yeah, I don't know. and no, there really isn't any way to install them wrong otherwise they don't install. haven't heard from them about it since it's the weekend to see their diagnosis. nah, these just have to be the wrong springs, it's just not possible. hopefully I'll find out exactly the deal soon. sorry if we tango'd. I still have other things to do in the meantime... we're doing custom weld and bracing on the front end. I just want the springs to be right so that when I'm ready to take it for a spin here real soon I can.

Re: My springs lifted me
Monday, May 09, 2005 8:54 AM
so alright. without futher adue... yes I'm an idiot. yes I have the right springs. yes I'll admit I was wrong. yes, however, I got bad advice. yes everything sits perfect now, even better than I had hoped. BUT no, I didn't install them wrong. I merely overlooked a simple aspect but who hasn't overlooked the crap right in front of their faces before. Even tho I do it all the time and screw myself for a while til I realize "hey let's try this". They weren't adjusted just right in the front to transfer and shift the weight to the rear. three times I started to say to my buddy "hey, why don't we slap on the front tires and see if we can adjust it out" but it never came out of my mouth until we were in the shop the other day and slapped our foreheads up against the wall. so behold, proper curb height of the rear (since my engine bay is empty at the moment can't show the front).

so for future referrence and for Tom's sake, the springs are correct and now you have an entire post for anyone curious about Eibachs.

Monday, May 09, 2005 3:22 PM
homer simpson would yell DOWP!

Monday, May 09, 2005 11:00 PM
Those who have these springs, how do they ride with stock shocks/struts? I just replaced mine maybe a couple months ago (shocks maybe a month or so later before the struts), and was wondering about the ride/handing ability with that setup, currently the car doesnt seem to like high speed turns (tires squeal) it's probably my lack of driving experience, but just curious.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 6:07 PM
the Eibachs are approx 15% stiffer than stock Z24 springs, and ride accordingly. You have to slow down to go over speed bumps , but other wise they are pretty smooth, just avoid big bumps.
If you want good handling make sure you have good front and rear sway bars (ones off a Z24) and get some good poly bushings for the sway bars. They will make a bigger difference in handling than springs.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 6:38 PM
he's right. i put the sunbird gt one on my rear and it was sweet! handled sooooo much better... and i have the polyurethane bushings/brass links on the front to stiffin it up alot. with a ncie set of tires (215/60 is what i was using, on 14" rim) it should corner like never before.

plus the drop will help.

if u can, get someone to fab you a rear strut bar and maybe make the front (if u don't have one) a 3 piece by welding 2 braces on bar and connecting to the fire wall. that will stiffing it up a bunch.

what else can you do?

ah yes. the Floor Bar. i know it sounds funny, but they work. they just go across your rear floor board. connecting to the seatbelt bolts. if you have the door seatbelts there are already spots for where they used to be behind the rear side trim pannels. with a lil' cutting and fab. work you can make them fit. you'll just have to cut the plastic off the side trim. nothing big.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 5:55 AM
yeah, I was about to start looking into a new sway and strut bar myself, although I'm having some custom weld and bracing done on my front end. we're taking the crossmember off and replacing it with custom work that is gonna practically take all the twisting dangers away from my chasis. I'm going to be pulling a lotta torque so I'm bracing as much as possible.

Thursday, May 12, 2005 7:01 PM
was up arch get a hold of me buddy
and you to sunvailer

Sunday, June 05, 2005 8:27 AM
I have a questions/concerns to ask you all regarding this topic.

The rear end on my 94 Sunbird is sagged quite abit, especially compared to the front.
I just installed two new KYB GR2's on the rear so I know the shocks arn't hindering the car from lifting so it has to be the springs. So my question to you guys is what should I buy? OEM replacement springs or Eibach lowering springs?

My concerns about both are:

OEM Replacement - Help a bit, but quickly go back to the way it is now

Eibach - Not gonna lift the car like I need since they are "lowering" springs

One thing that I think I would like about the Eibach springs would be that they would be tighter, with less give.

What are your suggestions to me?

Sunday, June 05, 2005 11:06 AM
well, you're not wanting a drop but I will say that eibach give the lesser drop of the lowering springs. eibach are actually performance springs before they are lowering and they don't lower much at all. with the eibach at least you'll be getting better handling and performance where as with OEM you're just replacing the ones ya got and will eventually take you back to where it is like you said.

Sunday, June 05, 2005 11:48 AM
If you are sagging in the back the eibachs are not going to lower it or raise it in the back, it will be the same in the back. The kicker is it will lower the front to match the rear.
http://www.jbok.org/memberpics/2/dscf0013.jpg there you can see how it will sit on eibachs

Sunday, June 05, 2005 1:00 PM
pezed wrote:If you are sagging in the back the eibachs are not going to lower it or raise it in the back, it will be the same in the back. The kicker is it will lower the front to match the rear.
http://www.jbok.org/memberpics/2/dscf0013.jpg there you can see how it will sit on eibachs

Okay I see now what you mean. So where did all you guys get your Eibach springs too?
And would any of you suggest any other route for me to take other then the two I mentioned?

Thanks

Sunday, June 05, 2005 7:20 PM
got mine from cox imports and they are very good. I think there might be one or two other places, with the exception of some magical ebay find, that may be slightly cheaper... but cox ships for free and the (business) day payment is received. Iwhat can I say, gotta promote my guys. eibachs would be one of your cars best purchases.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search