Help stop the SCAM! - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help stop the SCAM!
Thursday, March 06, 2008 9:34 PM
As some of you guys may know ,I have my v6 swap in the classified ads, there is a scam going on , and the guy is using us to get rich. He didnt get me but Im sure some one got had or is in the process right now.

Here is what I know. The guy contacted me at first by email telling me how interested he is in the car. And that he wants to buy it.
He said that he is going to send me a check for the amount of the car and the shipping. When I get it I am to have the additional amount sent to the shipping company, supposed to be through a wire transfer, i havent gotten the details to that yet. Im still playing him. Any way I got the check, and I contacted Mohawk industries, which is mohawk flooring in georgia. they informed me that the check is fake. Now before you assume that it was a photocopied check, your wrong. It looked authentic , down to the watermarks in the paper. Any way the lady at mohawk was really nice and told me that the ceo's signature was forged and that he doesnt even sign them, the treasurer does. The account # on it was a deposit only account, and the routing # was wrong, and best of all the bank on the check doesnt even exhist.
The guy gave me a fake name (Clark Ide), address,(705 10th seattle , Wa 98145) tel # (206-337-0553)all were in seattle washington. the check was mailed from Pacific Genvity inc 611 w. 6th st. los angeles ca. 90017 And the guy always calls in the morning between 9 and 10:30 am est. He speaks Very poor english also.
I cant find anyone that has gotten his western union account #, we need it to invensigate further. If anyone has it please post it up here.
Please dont delete this thread. My local law enforcement asked if I would post this info up here to try to get some more info to catch him.
Any info at all will help.

01 cav w/01 3400 gam gt 4t45e

Re: Help stop the SCAM!
Friday, March 07, 2008 8:52 AM
Scams like that been happening for years. Check out better business bureau's website. Anytime somebody offers you more than what your asking for and says wire the rest back to them should throw up a red flag.

Friday, March 07, 2008 9:39 PM
im still waiting on my cheque!!!! lol, some guy contacted me about my 1993 taurus sho for sale... he was from california or even further on an island (i dont really care until the cheque clears!...and i would wait for it to clear on a large purchase as this)

i dont remember the specifics, but i gave him my address to mail the check to. still waiting@ pay up sucker

http://www.bstuff.com/uploads/post-16-1083202410.jpg
Saturday, March 08, 2008 8:47 AM
Jeesh... I do have to give it to him.. he put some effort into this... BUT, he will get caught, and I hope he gets what's coming to him. I trust almost anyone on the JBO, as well as most people on here I think.. sucks to know someone would go around and ruin that trust for some people... I hope he's caught.. sorry to anyone this happened to!!!

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"
Saturday, March 08, 2008 1:07 PM
berettaboi wrote:im still waiting on my cheque!!!! lol, some guy contacted me about my 1993 taurus sho for sale... he was from california or even further on an island (i dont really care until the cheque clears!...and i would wait for it to clear on a large purchase as this)

i dont remember the specifics, but i gave him my address to mail the check to. still waiting@ pay up sucker

It will take a few weeks to get the check, after your laset email, he will call you the next day between 9 and 11 am est. If you get it and it is from mowhawk industries, but is mailed from Ca, let me know and I can give you the email address to mowhawk industries.

01 cav w/01 3400 gam gt 4t45e

Sunday, March 09, 2008 10:55 AM
What does this have to do with 2nd gens? And why hasn't everyone heard about this scam yet? Its been going on for years now.

Monday, March 24, 2008 12:35 AM
i agree... i would suggest this thread moved to OT but AFAIK there are no mods that venture in the the second gen world.

(i'm one of the few that have ventured out =P )

ive delt with a simular scam. This guy called a TTY service to call my shop looking for 90 Blank Banners. except his english sucked so bad that he said "BLANG WAY" instead of blank. i had him email me, and i traced his IP back to Ghana Africa.

I played along, kept firm that the only way the transaction would go through is with a Credit Card. ... this joker wanted me to contact his shipping company, (who didnt work with credit card), then relay the price of back to him. then they wanted us to pay the shipping co via western union, and then he'd give us the VISA number. i told him "Look man, you're shipping company is like 2 blocks away from you, i have it pulled up in Virtual Earth. You pay em, and give me your card for the banners, when they come to pick them up, they'll be here ready. But i cannot order from my supplier until funds are here!"

He backed out quick after that.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search