lowering, help - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
lowering, help
Sunday, March 14, 2010 4:59 PM

okay, so im looking to lower my cavalier about 2 inches, but i dont know much about suspension at all. so what all would i need to do this[part wise]? Do i need just new springs, or do i need new struts and sway bars and all that? someone let me know, and if anyone is selling the stuff for it.

Re: lowering, help
Sunday, March 14, 2010 5:14 PM
cool story about the stop light, your so bad ass.. /sarcasm

There is a sticky for you to read up on to learn about suspension
Suspension FAQ.

For a 2" drop look for Eibach sportlines(1.7" front, 2.3" rear) or Road magnets(2.2" front and rear). Both in which will REQUIRE you to buy new struts that are made to handle lowering, Tokico Dspecs probably the better choice for ease of install, but also Koni Yellows.

Sunday, March 14, 2010 5:17 PM
well @!#$ you too then lol. i forgot how to change the sig and its been like that for a while. havent used this site in a while, but o well. well is there any way to lower it a couple of inches without having to buy anything but springs?

*red light, guy pulls up*
d-bag:"Look at your little ricer cav! you got a crappy 4-banger, while i got some big balls v8 pussy!ill kick your ass in a drag!"

Me:"ya? well this 4cyl will surprise you... but just for you ill drag you right here.."
*light turns green and we take off, v8 dbag is like 3 car lengths behind*
*next red light*
me: so, i got a crappy 4 banger, and you got some big balls v8 huh? damn i made the right choice

just happened 7/25/09 lol!
Sunday, March 14, 2010 5:34 PM
Landon Lempke wrote:well @!#$ you too then lol. i forgot how to change the sig and its been like that for a while. havent used this site in a while, but o well. well is there any way to lower it a couple of inches without having to buy anything but springs?

1. Click 'Control Panel' in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
2. Scroll down and click on 'Edit My Forum Options'.
3. Scroll down and delete whatever is in the box marked 'Signature'. Add whatever you want. Than click 'Save My Settings'.
4. If you use a picture, click 'Check My Signature' to make sure it's within the size limitations.

Yes, you can lower it without using anything other than springs, but it's going to ride like absolute @!#$ and be dangerous to boot. If you're that worried about spending money you shouldn't be modifying your car. If you're going to lower it it needs to be done right (springs and proper struts) because otherwise it's going to put you and everyone around you (your passengers, other drivers, pedestrians, etc.) in danger.

Sunday, March 14, 2010 5:40 PM
ok lol everyone's so hostile, just checking to make sure there isn't any other way. so how much would a decent set of springs and struts run me?

*red light, guy pulls up*
d-bag:"Look at your little ricer cav! you got a crappy 4-banger, while i got some big balls v8 pussy!ill kick your ass in a drag!"

Me:"ya? well this 4cyl will surprise you... but just for you ill drag you right here.."
*light turns green and we take off, v8 dbag is like 3 car lengths behind*
*next red light*
me: so, i got a crappy 4 banger, and you got some big balls v8 huh? damn i made the right choice

just happened 7/25/09 lol!
Sunday, March 14, 2010 7:07 PM
Well, what it will cost will depend on what you're looking for. A lot of people on here have Eibach Pro Kit springs with KYB AGX struts. This is a relatively cheap (price-wise, not quality-wise) setup, but it only drops the car approximately 1.4". If you're looking to go lower it's going to cost more.

Sunday, March 14, 2010 8:28 PM
f it ill just have my dad figure it out.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010 9:50 AM
wow way to show some real commitment! thats taking the lazy half ass way out. if you cant figure it out yourself and do some research and ask some good questions and put the time in . . . dont f'n do it!

Whats up people?
Thursday, March 18, 2010 7:38 PM
Landon Lempke wrote:f it ill just have my dad figure it out.

Sunday, March 21, 2010 2:21 PM
does anybody have any pics of their own cars and let us know what drop you've got on them
Sunday, March 21, 2010 3:19 PM
TwinCavs wrote:does anybody have any pics of their own cars and let us know what drop you've got on them

There is a 3 page thread in this forum section packed with pics and info on what was used for the drop.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=3&i=147651&t=146454&p=1

Try searching, its there

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 1:40 PM
Quiklilcav wrote:
Landon Lempke wrote:f it ill just have my dad figure it out.

my dad runs his own mechanics shop, but he usually makes me learn a little bit about the stuff before he does it, so i better understand it, but o well.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010 1:55 PM
I have the Eibach Pro kit. 1.4" drop all the way around. Here's a pic with my 17's

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search