KYB GR2 & Eibach Pro Questions - Page 3 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: KYB GR2 & Eibach Pro Questions
Tuesday, February 08, 2011 11:54 PM
Can't belive how nice it feels over potholes feels solid... front GR2's are mint like they can take anything.. 28,000K mark tonight Love this Set-up Bunch Dick Weed'z in here like Paul Chuuamberlin Said... u guys are just pissed u spent hundred more if not thousands more on just a bit more life, lol... anyhows GR2 and Pro Kit 1.5" drop lowering springs are a Great Combo, can handle any pothole etc.

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 3:28 AM
Your a @!#$ ra-tard.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, February 09, 2011 4:23 AM
Oh yes... I'm so jealous I don't have fully adjustable damping rates....

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Wednesday, February 09, 2011 6:47 AM
Yeah...my adjustable dampening stuts are of no use for me when I drag race. Guys we did it all wrong. Stock replacement struts FTW!

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 7:02 AM
Dialing in my damping rates at Solo events to kill under steer is just so useless...

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Wednesday, February 09, 2011 9:39 AM
LOLZ. I guarantee I spent less on my D-Specs and Sportlines than you did on that @!#$ty combo.

Ma car is mint yo. Ya'lls a buncha dickweedz.

Ya youre a goddam engineer speaking like that. Take a hint and walk away.

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 10:52 AM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:LOLZ. I guarantee I spent less on my D-Specs and Sportlines than you did on that @!#$ty combo.

I think you missed Tim's sarcasm.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, February 09, 2011 11:23 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:LOLZ. I guarantee I spent less on my D-Specs and Sportlines than you did on that @!#$ty combo.

I think you missed Tim's sarcasm.

I guess I shouldve quoted. I was talking to the Teamster at the top.

I have no reason to talk to Tim like that. I think he's cute .

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 12:26 PM
You know you love the chops

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 3:42 PM
yeah. people that have been doing this for years know nothing about suspension set-ups...freaking tool bag

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, February 09, 2011 4:37 PM
Nothing but a bunch dumb ass choduh master's For ANYONE whos reading this dont listen too these dumb @!#$s who have never tried GR2's on Eibach Pro's, they handle it, over 28,000K's here on my 2003 Z and still handle any potholes hit about 50-100 good ones every day of 400-900K's, anyhows i rest my case with Paul Chuuamberlin, He's right this is a good set up very good set up... Thanks very much Paul Chuuamberlin for not listening too these Choduh Masters From Downtown. LOL

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 5:11 PM
That's some quality English you're drawing from... Choduh masters.... wut?

I've been on stock struts and a drop, as have quite a few people in this thread. You have no experience but your own crappy setup to draw from, so how could you possibly understand what a quality drop is like?

Oh that's right, you can't... because you're just another broke ass idiot with a $1000 car and a $200 tax return burning a hole in your pocket, until you saw some sweet ass springs on ebay!

Let me know when you start racing your car, like most of the people in this thread with quality setups.

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 5:40 PM
Lets see what the KYB has to say:

KYB GR-2® / Excel-G®
twin-tube shocks, struts, and cartridges
Purpose: Restores a vehicle’s originally designed handling and control

Calibrated to compensate for worn suspensions
Components and valving are designed specifically for each application
The best choice to restore OE performance and normal driving conditions
Built with quality that matches or exceeds OE
Coverage for domestic and import cars, trucks, vans, minivans, and SUVs

Now I have read through that numerous times and nowhere can I find performance in that description. Well it does say its available for minivans and vans so that must mean they are meant to be lowered cause minivans are probably the most sporty vehicle out there.

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 6:08 PM
This is what happen when Cavs get so cheap that any moron with 20 bucks can own one....

I can only expect that is is going to get worse.

Should be interesting when a noob nearly kills himself then blames the org......

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 8:39 PM
only 50k on a pro/gr2 setup? i sold my koni yellows awhile back to oldskool that had goldlines on them since i bought them. driven on for 2-3 years plus autox and he still runs them in his car today (albeit on different springs)

blowing struts in 50k is not good.

p.s. i'll keep my $1k coilover setup for the pillowball strut mounts, camber, damping and ride height adjustment. no clunks here and they actually improved the handing of my car.

Friday, February 11, 2011 7:03 AM
Guys seriously if any newbbies read this, take another newbbies advise, I didn't know about the org when.I bought prokit and new set of gr-2 I blew them in less than six months then old mechanic put gold gabriels, blew them too.
Then by some miracle I found the org and I'll be getting my grx's soon.

So for gods sake don't use stock struts with a drop.

Modding my j since I found the org
Friday, February 11, 2011 10:16 PM
Woops I meant kyb agx

Modding my j since I found the org
Saturday, February 12, 2011 5:50 PM
Where are you canadian folks getting you Pro kit and AGX's from?

Saturday, February 12, 2011 7:26 PM
Daniel Thissen wrote:Where are you canadian folks getting you Pro kit and AGX's from?

I can't remember if I ordered mine from TTR or a local shop. But for some reason I think I may have ordered it from a shop here in NS. But, TTR had them listed the last time I checked.

Saturday, February 12, 2011 8:02 PM
I ordered one from Summit when UPS ruined the adjuster on one of mine by dropping it right on the end of the shaft...

Re: Brand New KYB Strut & Shock Mounts & KYB GR2 & Brand New Eibach Pro Kit Springs
Thursday, March 31, 2011 2:13 PM
Back Again and i've just hit the 70,000K mark myself and not a thing wrong yet, i drive over some pretty rough roads as well, and just rip outta parking lots as i am S/C'D i paid $43 for my shocks and 52 for fronts shipped using KYB Shock Mounts good mounts for GR 2's Gas Shocks on Brand New Eibach Pro Kit's... peace out for now. Love this Set Up, too bad none of you guys That have have spent thousands have ever Tried GR 2'S on Brand New Eibach pros and the Matching KYB Mounts... all around, handle like a mother i've hit the dirtiest potholes and basically flew off some nice dips and it wasn't any better then my buddies Koni, d-spec, blues etc, i dunno about used Eibach Pro Kit;s and the extra sag but KYB says they handle 1.5" Sag which handles perfect with Brand New Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs and i recommand Brand New Shock and Strut Mounts By KYB they handle GAS Shocks, Peace out Ya'ALL. lol.

Re: Brand New KYB Strut & Shock Mounts & KYB GR2 & Brand New Eibach Pro Kit Springs
Thursday, March 31, 2011 2:43 PM
Your back again! You really crack me up. Call KYB and tell them how amazing their OEM replacement struts are with a drop (I'm sure they will give some nice advice). No sense talking realistic to you as apparently you have everything figured out for suspension. If you ever do get to the track I would love to see videos of the brutal weight transfer. In the mean time...drive safe.

Thursday, March 31, 2011 3:00 PM
Dude if only u had tried this set-up its really good exactly how i am set-up is the way you do it, i guess i cant stress anymore that this set up works, anything above 1.5" drop you cant do on this set-up but brand New stiff eibach pro kit's work on GR 2's with Brand New... KYB gas shock Mount's all around, i'm at just over 78,000K's in 2 months and not once have i heard anything, no bottoming out handles anything u throw at it, i know this for a fact i was brave enough to try this set up, listen i have friends with koni Yellows on Pro kit's and theres no difference in ride, You dont want to use Sportlines or anything over 1.5" and never do it on a Used do this set up on Pro Kit's Used... anyhows awesome Set-up too bad none u guys could go for a ride.
Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:19 PM
Paul Chuuamberlin wrote:too bad none of you guys That have have spent thousands have ever Tried GR 2'S on Brand New Eibach pros and the Matching KYB Mounts... all around.

Except several of us have.

And thousands?... I have ~$700 into my struts and springs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:20 PM

Thursday, March 31, 2011 7:00 PM
Paul Chuuamberlin wrote: You dont want to use Sportlines or anything over 1.5" and never do it on a Used do this set up on Pro Kit's Used... anyhows awesome Set-up too bad none u guys could go for a ride.

What wrong with used coil? I just bought a 1 year used pro kit and they are like brand new O_o

And GR-2 are juste OEM replacement.. Here is what KYB told me:

I asked them if a 1.4 Eibach pro-kit drop would handle on GR-2

That what they reply:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in KYB products.

Unfortunately, the GR-2/Excel-G would not do well on a vehicle that has
been lowered to this level.

Anything more than an inch will result in faster or more prevalent
product damage over time.

The GR-2 would be a great fit for the Cavalier in comparison to other
products, but not if the vehicle has been lowered.

Best Regards,
KYB

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search