KYB GR2 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
KYB GR2
Monday, July 04, 2011 12:07 PM
Just trying to get some feedback about the KYB GR2 struts and shocks. I"ll run them with the Eibach pro-kit also. 04 Cavalier

Re: KYB GR2
Monday, July 04, 2011 12:16 PM
they'll blow out eventually.

Monday, July 04, 2011 12:17 PM
Do you have a nice recommendation?
Monday, July 04, 2011 12:20 PM
kyb-agx's or tokico hp's. both are affordable.

the agx's have adjustment for pussies.

both can be had on ebay for cheap. the hp's for about 400 bucks, the agx's for about 500 bucks.

if the car has high mileage remember to replace all strut mounts as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, July 04, 2011 12:21 PM

Monday, July 04, 2011 12:23 PM
ok cool found them, and will they work with the Eibach sportline kit? Going to run the eibach anti-roll kit also.
Monday, July 04, 2011 12:42 PM
no they won't. you said you wanted the pro kit's.

pro kit= 1.4" drop all around
sportlines=1.7 up front and 2.3" in the rear if i remember correctly.

the tokico's will only handle a 2" drop. i'm not sure about the agx's but i'm pretty sure the warranty on those is void if you go past an 1.5"

you would need koni's i believe if you want to run the sportlines.

y don't u spend some time reading the suspension faq in the sticky section at the top of the suspension forum. it will teach you alot of good basic information. then come back and ask questions if there's something you don't understand. most of us will be glad to help.

Monday, July 04, 2011 12:45 PM
oh ok man, thanks for the info.
Monday, July 04, 2011 12:50 PM
sportlines require koni yellow or reds, or tokico dspecs.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Monday, July 04, 2011 12:54 PM
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:sportlines require koni yellow or reds, or tokico dspecs.

right, the d-specs will handle them, last i heard though tokico will only warranty (the original owner) their hp's if it's not dropped past 2". but i also remember hearing that the hp's are the same strut as the d-spec without the adjustability, which would lead one to believe if the d-spec's can handle more than 2" the hp's should be able to as well.

so that really comes to the decision of whether or not you want your warranty on the hp's.

Monday, July 04, 2011 1:00 PM
ok so do the Tokico HP's and the pro-kit springs have a good look? or Is it best to go with the D-specs and the sportline springs?
Monday, July 04, 2011 1:01 PM
I have a stock wheel setup for now but am going to go with some 17's perhaps

Monday, July 04, 2011 1:28 PM
Brian Toney wrote:I have a stock wheel setup for now but am going to go with some 17's perhaps

If you use the correct size tire wheel size won't matter because overall diameter won't change and won't affect wheel gap. If I were you I would decide what springs you want as far as handling and looks and buy struts accordingly. I will say I had AGX's and the prokit and hated the ride at any setting. I would use the HP's if I did the prokit again. I will say the AGX's on my vert with stock springs feel great! I am currently on Tein SS coilovers with my Z which are amazing!

Monday, July 04, 2011 1:46 PM
Well the Tein ss coilovers looks great for 1,300. I am thinking of the Tokico HPs and the Eibach pro-kit with the Eibach anti-roll kit. Any ojections?
Monday, July 04, 2011 2:45 PM
none, just get strut mounts to go with it if they've never been replaced. you WILL regret it if you don't put on new strut mounts with the replacement of the springs/struts.

and then of course get an alignment.

Monday, July 04, 2011 4:22 PM
You guys also suggest the 96-99 strut mounts correct??

Monday, July 04, 2011 5:04 PM
Where do I get the strut mounts at and which kind?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search