agx and pro kit problems HELP PLEASE - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
agx and pro kit problems HELP PLEASE
Saturday, October 22, 2011 3:41 PM
Hey guys quick question we tried puting some agx on my pro kit today with a mechanic of mine but was told that the spring is too short that its loose on the shock has anyone had these issues, ive had these for little under a year with some grs's i accidentally bought last year and well the mechanic seems to think that the agx and pro kit dont fit, would the springs have sagged within a year? do i need to contact eiback about getting a new set of springs

Modding my j since I found the org

Re: agx and pro kit problems HELP PLEASE
Saturday, October 22, 2011 3:42 PM
any other reasons why they wouldnt fit?

Saturday, October 22, 2011 4:52 PM
my agx's and sportlines wernt too short so idk what to say...

Saturday, October 22, 2011 5:14 PM
if i remember right some one said that the agx should only be used with the prokit as they cannot properly hande a drop more than a 1.5 inch, also i saw somewere that you needed the 95-99 strutmounts as well as some washers between the strut mount and the strut, anyone have any input on these

Saturday, October 22, 2011 5:45 PM
Springs could be a lil sagged, my fronts were new n I could bolt the mounts on with no spring clamps. I also used 00+ mounts.

Saturday, October 22, 2011 6:01 PM
Yeah but when the mechanic showed me the strut with the spring and mount on it there was about an inch of play

Saturday, October 22, 2011 6:24 PM
Lower the car to the ground.

--------------------------
NCR-SCCA
Saturday, October 22, 2011 6:31 PM
I thought the spring strut combo should be taut

Sunday, October 23, 2011 11:23 AM
Chelotus Racer wrote:Lower the car to the ground.

Try this...once the wieght of the car is on them they will be taut. A good example is coilovers, they are always loose when the car is in the air.

Sunday, October 23, 2011 2:04 PM
maybe you are going to the wrong mechanic..

1999 - Cavalier - 5speed - Exhaust - 17" rims - carbon fiber hood - the beater
Monday, October 24, 2011 5:13 AM
so once the struts are together with the springs and we get the spacers under the nut and the strut mount everything should be kosher, or am i still going to have to get the 95-99 strut mounts

Monday, October 24, 2011 5:23 AM
I have 99 mounts, AGXs, and Pro kit, and when I assembled everything is was taught, but I didn't need spring compressors. They were in no way loose after tightening the strut bolt down.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, October 24, 2011 5:26 AM
ill have to check with the mech, apptreciate the help enforcer im going to see if putting the spacers will help if not then im going to have to buy the 99 mounts

Monday, October 24, 2011 7:02 AM
allright guys so the way these goes is the strut then spring then the mount and thats when the spacer and the nut come into effect does this sound correct

Monday, October 24, 2011 7:13 AM
Do you still have the directions?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, October 24, 2011 7:15 AM
no, the mechanic has all of it, my problem is that this mechanic only does reg mechanic hes not into the aftermarket or custom work, so i might have to go to another shop to get it taken car of

Monday, October 24, 2011 11:08 AM
so turns out the mechanic finally put the spacers in on the car and is saying that the springs are too short for that strut that even with the spacer on that it didnt make that much of a diference, does this mean that im going to have to buy the 95-99 mounts or am i just screwed they are telling me that because the spring is loose that im going to have damage to the strut because of the spring not being tight on the strut.

any ones input is greatly appretiated.

Monday, October 24, 2011 12:00 PM
Honestly if the springs are loose on 00-05 mounts then they will be on the 95-99 mounts. Not a whole lot changed as far as where the spring sits or where it bolts to the car. The difference is mainly internally with the bearings that aid in turning the car. Also If your talking about putting a spacer above the mount below the bolt It wont change anything, the mount sits on the top of the strut shaft in the same spot no matter whats on top of the mount.

Either you don't have the springs you think you do or they are high mileage and sagged.

Monday, October 24, 2011 12:05 PM
see i was wondering about this but i wouldnt think that the springs would loosen up after only a year on the kyb struts , i accidentally bought some grs and wore them for a year untill they died on me thats the main reason why i bought the agxs, and im now just about fessed up with the drama, makes one wondering if i should just stop messing with this car.

Monday, October 24, 2011 1:28 PM
truthfully what do you think would be my best option i spoke to kyb and they told me their solution they are already sending me the spacers which apparently already had, so i spoke to eibach and they said they wanted pics of the issues and measurements, should i just buy another set of eibach front springs or what they are the only things that are used as the mounts were bought a year ago with the springs

Monday, October 24, 2011 2:10 PM
can you get a pic of the setup for us?

Monday, October 24, 2011 2:37 PM
If you decide to get new springs I happen to have a pair of prokit front springs that aren't sagged with like 25k on em, I switched to tein ss's.

Monday, October 24, 2011 2:51 PM
Done and done ill try to swing by the shop and get pics and measurements because eibach wants to help out to see if I got deffective springs

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 10:03 AM
all right guys so i just came from the mechanic and what he didn't tell me was that when the the shocks and struts are together with the 00+ mounts and spacer the thing does NOT have an inch of play but you can still move the spring a little bit, but obviously when the thing is installed its taught is this about right, i know that most average oem suspensions are tight when the strut is put together but with these being an inch and a half lower there will obviously be a little looser and not as taut

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 11:42 AM
I would run em that way, once the weight of the car is on the strut/spring there will be zero play and from the way it sounds its close enough that the springs are seated properly and wont mis-align when you lower the car to the ground.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search