Fully Iced 98' - Page 2 - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Fully Iced 98'
Saturday, October 29, 2005 12:57 AM
Is it that serious that some of you guys are outraged or have to throw insults? It's not a big deal. If he wants to post what he plans on doing, let him do it.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, October 29, 2005 4:48 PM
Saturday, October 29, 2005 6:20 PM
ling427ttvette wrote:Ricer.

Your ignorant statement is not wanted and not necessary. Unless you have something positive to add to this thread, keep your comments to yourself.

Saturday, October 29, 2005 6:35 PM
Not everyone else has added something positive.

1983 Camaro Z28
Saturday, October 29, 2005 7:27 PM
ling427ttvette wrote:Not everyone else has added something positive.

I know and I posted to those people already in a previous post.

Sunday, October 30, 2005 10:01 AM
Jesse Johnston wrote:For starters, a 98' Sunfire SE with 19" rims, vortech super charger running 15 psi, Nos, full body kit, carbon fiber fenders, Evo 3 carbon fiber hood, bucket seats, no back seat, crushed blue glass floor, Lambo front suicide shaved doors, rear doors shaved and welded shut permanently, custom fiberglass box taking up entire trunk and rear passenger area, 2X12" bahn subs, 4 X 8" bzka tubes, flame thrower, rear windows removed and replaced with sheet metal, euro tail lights, air ride, dash custom made with plexi-glass, vixen exhaust, 2X 1700 watt amps, 6 optima blue batteries, one kicker solo 18" sub in middle of custom box, and run flat tires that's my rides dream.

You better be dropping a skyline motor in it.
Sunday, October 30, 2005 11:30 AM
jordan kruger wrote:
Jesse Johnston wrote:For starters, a 98' Sunfire SE with 19" rims, vortech super charger running 15 psi, Nos, full body kit, carbon fiber fenders, Evo 3 carbon fiber hood, bucket seats, no back seat, crushed blue glass floor, Lambo front suicide shaved doors, rear doors shaved and welded shut permanently, custom fiberglass box taking up entire trunk and rear passenger area, 2X12" bahn subs, 4 X 8" bzka tubes, flame thrower, rear windows removed and replaced with sheet metal, euro tail lights, air ride, dash custom made with plexi-glass, vixen exhaust, 2X 1700 watt amps, 6 optima blue batteries, one kicker solo 18" sub in middle of custom box, and run flat tires that's my rides dream.

Why? That would disgrace the Skyline.

1983 Camaro Z28
Sunday, October 30, 2005 11:40 AM
it sounds interesting, but i got a question for you first. why would you want to remove your rear window ??? and then replce it with sheet metel?? i mean have you seen it done or is there more to it like in terms of design that you did not share, next i understand the the 3 12" sub for bass, and i guess the 4 8" for midbass, but what woul the purpose be for the 18" in your install i dont get it how would that sound ?? i like hte idea for you front doors though. last thing is why do you need all those batteries, did i miss somthing, you are running air ride right not hydro's ??? you got to remeber one thing it should always be form and function, but go for it dude i would loeve to see it done and on the road
Sunday, October 30, 2005 10:00 PM
ling427ttvette wrote:
jordan kruger wrote:

Why? That would disgrace the Skyline.

Wow...the ignorance is growing...

Monday, October 31, 2005 8:49 AM
Screw all the batts all right. changing my mind on behalf of all the BS and putting just 2 15" Kicker SL7 & running just two of Kenwood's biggest amps, not going to remove any windows cause it's looking real sh%ty so just welding the rear doors shut, getting a carbon Evo hood, JSP carbon fiber trunk lid, D-Drug Carbon Fiber wing and 18" wheels N Jegs cat exhaust, tinted wins, carbon fbre seats no back pass area, so stay tuned Ill get ya pics.
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 12:37 AM
Jesse Johnston wrote:Screw all the batts all right. changing my mind on behalf of all the BS and putting just 2 15" Kicker SL7 & running just two of Kenwood's biggest amps, not going to remove any windows cause it's looking real sh%ty so just welding the rear doors shut, getting a carbon Evo hood, JSP carbon fiber trunk lid, D-Drug Carbon Fiber wing and 18" wheels N Jegs cat exhaust, tinted wins, carbon fbre seats no back pass area, so stay tuned Ill get ya pics.

dude please dont get all pissy with them
some of em were actually trying to help
all they were saying is that that particular sound setup would cost a lot and not sound that great, also add alot of weight
and they were just stating that there was no need for all those batt's, theses guys are tryin to help you

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 8:43 AM
I really enjoy the helpful part, but I don't like some of the things I wanted to go with like all the batts. and the 2>12s, 4>tubes,1>18 does sound bad. and will be pretty spendy for just subs, the weight would be alot and i know that but I was going to add a easyride air bag syst. plus i know many kids who would probably try and steal most of that stuff. I mean kids out hear steal gas out of their parents vehicles and all those batts and subs would be really tempting and I don't think my ins. will cover that. The reason for all this is that my car has a ripped off pass fender and put back on the car, a damaged hood, a double split windsheild, pass. rear door which doesn't open from the inside, a pass rear door with a dent from a pickup backing into it, has all the carpet removed and replaced for now with some outdoor stuff, my head liner is fleece neon green, a aqua fun fur rear deck lid, to powerful of a cd player, stock speakers that are damn near dead, and a 800 watt 2 channel amp which has blown out every thing ive hooked up to so far and bestbuy doesn't have crap for subs cause I ve blow RF punches, lightning 10s and 12s, every walmart sub they sell, visoniks, jensens and ive got 2 8" tube enclosers, 1 dual sealed encloser 12", 1 15" sealed encloser and no subs. I have a heck of an amp for what I paid for it and no use for it. I also have over $4500.00 in the engine compartment area already. thank you guys for the help cause my ride needs some.
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 1:49 PM
$4500 into the engine? What have you done to it?

And to NJKH (Sexual Chocolate)

There is no ignorance in me at all, it WOULD be a disgrace to the Skyline by putting a Skyline motor into a Cavalier, sure, it would compliment the Cavalier, but it wouldn't be worth the work. Would have to convert to rear wheel drive, and the inline six wouldnt even fit without serious modification.

1983 Camaro Z28
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 7:13 PM
About the only thing I would suggest would be choose one or the other, speed or flash.. can't really have both completely. Yea all the glam and stuff would be nice, but on the contrary (sp?) if you have all that, there would be no point in adding the supercharger and nitrous and all that under the hood cause your gonna be peaking some serious weight thats gonna make the power adders not really worth it. Just my suggestion really. Never overkill on something, sometimes less is more.

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Tuesday, November 08, 2005 8:44 AM
Hit a damn deer last night going about 65mph, broke the deer's legs, ran over the head, and scared the sh%t out it, ripped a fog light right off and and license plate to, scared the hell out me cause I didn't even see the deer coming. No structual damage or body damage and I can't find the body. I found the head crushed and the lower front and back legs logged in my front suspension area. what a bloody mess.
The $4500 in the engine area or the front end consists of racing valves, lifters, roller rockers, push rods, iradium spark plugs, 5 quarts of castrol 5w- 30 synthetic oil, plug wires, ported and polished head and valve cover, custom painted intake system, K&N cold air intake, new gm trans at 127,212 miles, new hoses, radiator, new complete brake system. and a bunch of other good stuff I can't even remember I have and it's my car!
Tuesday, November 08, 2005 9:50 AM
/\ /\ /\ /\ Holy sh-t dude are you ok? That really blows I just hope you didn't get hurt and that your cars not too bad off, hitting a deer at that speed can ruin your whole day.

Good Luck.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 6:21 PM
Well.. To be completely honest with you. The best way to get max respect is to get some pictures. I'm not saying or intending anything. But if you want us to say "damn, nice ride" then we want to see. words are easy. i never talk about my car, cuz its just a stocker, that at that dont even have yet (i get it this weekend). But yea. If i where you i would just lay low and hit up some mad cash and pimp that ride out. do it how you want, and what makes you happy. People will have mad respect for people who do it the way they want and set they're own trend. Your goal (in my opinion) do you car and do it good, people will give props. My 2 cents.

PS: where all grown very fond of our cars. We all talk smack. Im a newbie too, i cant really speack for the group, but basically take it for a grain of salt. Now, pimp your ride. till then just chill talk, and learn some new things, might make it easier to work on.

cavy:bagged easystreet front, bags to be in in back soon, tubd, 18s.
celica gt-s:6speed, AEM Cold air, hi flow cat, muffler deletion, NGK plugs, Carbon fiber headliner, B&M shift kit, sportline 2.2" drop, factory rear disk brakes 1/4: 14.5sec. top speed: 145mph
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 8:12 PM
I'm still confused with the speaker setup. I mean, with different sized subs at diff freq's, get some distortion and cancellation.

If you want some serious bass in a J (and you got the mula), go with 2 12" Kicker Solo-X's with that big arse Audiobahn Amp... something like 5000 watts RMS.

For looks/performance, you can do what I do: Read up! I've changed my mind so many times of what I want to do I'm not even gonna post it haha.

Good luck!

Sunday, November 13, 2005 10:06 PM
I'm running 4 10" subs. They work for the type of music I listen to. Plus with the 2 extra 10's it outs out plenty of bass. If was gonna redo my system I think I would instead of the 4 10's I would go with 3 12's, 2 8's keep the high end I have now ( 5 1/4" and 6 1/2" components) and add 3" tweeters.

Sunday, November 13, 2005 11:13 PM
That would be gay as @!#$

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search