check engine problem - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
check engine problem
Saturday, October 29, 2005 6:43 PM
Ok this is pissing me off I have a 1996 cav. Z24 I just replaced the spark plugs and put everythng back to the way it was plugged everything back in so there is nothing electrical missing but when I go drive it after about 5 min. the check engine light comes on. I stop and nothing sounds wrong in the engine at all. So then I go home check the spark plugs are in right re-set them plug everything in start the car up check engine light is off now. I go drive and the light turns on after 5 min. or so, this time insted of check the spark plugs all I do is unplug the computer for 5 sec. plug it back in check engine light turns off again, and sure as @!#$ it on after 5 min. please help I just want my car to work.

Re: check engine problem
Saturday, October 29, 2005 6:58 PM
Any other sensors become un-plugged? Check the torque converter sensor.

1983 Camaro Z28
Saturday, October 29, 2005 7:21 PM
O2 sensor may be going out?? when it warms up mabey it detects the fault, i dunno, just kinda throwing out the idea.

ever thought of going to autozone and getting the code scanned?

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Saturday, October 29, 2005 7:43 PM
alright ill get right on it thnx much guys
Sunday, October 30, 2005 7:45 AM
So the gas cap is tight with no leaks and the dipstick is fully home.
Just a thought that you might have an unrelated problem occurring at the same time.
The check engine light will usually come on with emmissions or fuel vapour leakages

Alont
Sunday, October 30, 2005 8:53 AM
A mechanic friend of mine came over and fixed it right up. Thnx much guys. Moderator you can delete this thread if you want I don't need anymore

thnx again guys.
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 5:40 AM
k jones wrote:A mechanic friend of mine came over and fixed it right up. Thnx much guys. Moderator you can delete this thread if you want I don't need anymore

thnx again guys.

What was it?

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 10:28 AM
Yeah, what was the problem indicated by the MIL. Inquiring minds would like to know.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search