new box - Page 2 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: new box
Sunday, September 11, 2011 12:25 PM
at 4 ohm - you're getting 4 times resistance so that's why they are not loud and don't play lows well, because lows need a lot of power..

Sunday, September 11, 2011 12:28 PM
just wait til you get your AQ amp and wire it the way i showed you. and post bigger pics if you can, i wanna see closely how you sealed the trunk - that part is important or you'll get cancellations at low frequencies..
Sunday, September 11, 2011 3:45 PM
well i had it wired up the bottom way on that page and bridged, now it is the top way bridged. and the map doesnt seem to like it, i have to turn the gain down bc it goes to protect and with it a little over 1/2 gain it is as loud as it was before. so now at 1 ohm half gain it is as loud as it was at 4 ohms 3/4 gain... i think it could be the port but idk, ill go take ac of the truck seal. but before it wasnt sealed at all it was just in the back of the trunk..
Sunday, September 11, 2011 4:33 PM
it shouldn't go to protect at all, inspite of your gain settings. check your ground, it has to be BOLTED to a sanded metal (no paint)
what kind of amp and deck you have?
now, in terms of loudness you won't see any increase because i tuned it lower for you, but with your new amp and good tuning you should hit LOWS well and overall SQ should
improve
Sunday, September 11, 2011 4:37 PM
well i dont his this amp is 1ohm stable...
Sunday, September 11, 2011 4:42 PM
but still it should be loud (depending on the amp you have now)
just crank it up and tell me how you like it
Sunday, September 11, 2011 4:44 PM
then just wait for your AQ amp then, cause at 4 ohms you won't get loud
Sunday, September 11, 2011 6:03 PM
okay, i have come to a conclusion, its the amp, before the box was pushed alot further back and i couldnt hear the distortion very well and i should of paid more attention bc now ont he same setting as it was before its just as loud but u can hear it really well since the subs are right next to you. im going to keep bassboost off and gain real low until i get my aq amp and then everything should be good, anyways what did u think of the box? i will be finishing carpeting on thursday
Sunday, September 11, 2011 6:11 PM
you did a good job on the box from what i can see. but how do you like it compared to your old box? better or worse?
Sunday, September 11, 2011 6:39 PM
the box is better, the old one came with the subs, and they did a crappy job on it, i guess for some reason they sound louder in it tho, but i think it is a amp thing, but also the quality of this box is way better and the quality of the sound from it is way better and it hits the highs and mids a little better than the other did, and the seal makes it sound awsome from the inside or front of the car, if u are behind the car is kinda gay tho lol, thanks alot for all the help

Sunday, September 11, 2011 6:45 PM
the reason why the other box sounds louder is because it was tuned higher, much higher.. but you loose a lot of low end and SQ as a result.
play something low and tell me how does it handle the lows? crank it up though..
it should hit DEEP lows, all the way down to 28 hz
Monday, September 12, 2011 9:02 PM
noobs teaching noobs..... ill go back into hibernation now...

click sig for my car audio videos
Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:38 AM
keep your glasses on geek. not everybody has to look like you to know car audio...
Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:42 AM
btw, your box design from before sucked - porting to the side is never a good idea in cars with trunks.
so really i'd think twice now before taking any advice from you, sundown boy.
Tuesday, September 13, 2011 10:55 AM
Andrey B wrote:btw, your box design from before sucked - porting to the side is never a good idea in cars with trunks.
so really i'd think twice now before taking any advice from you, sundown boy.

umm... i thought you said in that post that you went with a single 12 in a 6th.... or a 4th... or a transmission...

click sig for my car audio videos
Tuesday, September 13, 2011 1:10 PM
Wooooooowwwwwww. Why can't we get this @!#$ brick banned yet? This is pathetic. And when someone speaks against you, you resort to the most pathetic insults. The issue is, were all usually right and you're almost always wrong. Stfu already, andrey and stop mudding this place up.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 3:51 PM
actually after careful engineering analysis i went with rear loaded horn enclosure. 75 hz cut off. this specific type of enclosure works the best for your info.
i am sure jl cavalier will have something smart to say about it. hey jl - wanna give a few pointers on how to properly design a rear loaded horn? i am listening very carefully
Tuesday, September 13, 2011 3:59 PM
would you care to explain your basis for why a horn loaded enclosure works best?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, September 13, 2011 4:27 PM
No, I'm not getting into a pissing match with a retard. If that box is what you decided was best FOR YOU, then you're doing it right. That's the thing, there are a lot of things that are good, bad, better, best, worst, right and wrong. But in the end everyone's goals and ears are different. Sure, we can give advice on what box dimensions and port lengths, or even if ported is right for this guy or that guy. Giving general ideas on what would be a good baseline or general rule of thumb is one thing. But to blatantly spew at the mouth about why everything YOU like and YOU do is THE BEST. Especially when you say big blanket statements that are completely retarded like "porting to the side is NEVER a good idea in trunk cars... no that's your opinion. Maybe it's not always optimal, but you can't say never to something like that.

And the worst part is, you come in here fairly new to the place, give advice with a tone like you know EVERYTHING, are wrong a lot, then get super defensive and childish in the name calling when someone has an opposing view or calls you out on being wrong. You're horribly bad at this forum advice thing, you're a cancer to this section, and you need to lay off, back off, and accept that not only are you NOT all knowing, and not only are you NOT always right, and not only do others also know car audio... but a few of them know more, do more, have done more, have learned more, and can give advice farrrrr better than you. Accept that.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:19 PM
^ jl, you can run your mouth all day but the truth is you know squat about car audio
the truth is there are certain enclosures that work better, way better than other. don't believe me check out this website : www.pwkdesigns.com
and it's not what works best for me or anybody else, it's what works best in certain given space, followed by woofer TS parameters, listening position, equipment used, etc
all this can be calculated, and taken into account when designing an enclosure..
rear loaded horn is very similar to a transmission line design which acts like a passive crossover, greatly increasing subwoofer efficency and transience response
another great advantage of rear loaded horn over ANY ported enclosure is group delay which doesn't go anywhere nearly half as much making it the best for SQ.
did you know about that? i don't think so - cause you're too busy b*$(%in on these forums.
while i post facts - you only run your mouth THINKING you know car audio
you know, i been installing/designing car audio for 12 years now, and the more i learn the more i realize i don't know nearly half as much of what's out there
seriously boy, go that site and read a little, go rent a book in a library and do some reading about engineering involved behind audio, and quit whining and letting people who know a lot more than you down.
while all you do is criticize one piece of equipment or the other or try to sell some sh*t around here,
that's all you're good for

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:27 PM
and while i helped the guy design an enclosure with which he is actually happy, you did nothing but post your stupid comments about my older posts
you'd be surprised but this forum is not just for you to sell your rainbow equipment.
Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:32 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:No, I'm not getting into a pissing match with a retard.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:40 PM
hey jl, can i ask you a question?
are you the product of inbreed or were you just born with your feet first?
Tuesday, September 13, 2011 9:39 PM
hey guys stop your arguring, my post stick to my topic please, andrey you helped me thanks anlo, jl cavalier has helped me alot too with other stuff so i respect you both, so stop the arguing and get alot.

anyways jl what do u think about my box? theere should be pics someone in this thread, i like honest opinions
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search