new box - Page 3 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: new box
Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:34 AM
Andrey B wrote:^ jl, you can run your mouth all day but the truth is you know squat about car audio
the truth is there are certain enclosures that work better, way better than other. don't believe me check out this website : www.pwkdesigns.com
and it's not what works best for me or anybody else, it's what works best in certain given space, followed by woofer TS parameters, listening position, equipment used, etc
all this can be calculated, and taken into account when designing an enclosure..
rear loaded horn is very similar to a transmission line design which acts like a passive crossover, greatly increasing subwoofer efficency and transience response
another great advantage of rear loaded horn over ANY ported enclosure is group delay which doesn't go anywhere nearly half as much making it the best for SQ.
did you know about that? i don't think so - cause you're too busy b*$(%in on these forums.
while i post facts - you only run your mouth THINKING you know car audio
you know, i been installing/designing car audio for 12 years now, and the more i learn the more i realize i don't know nearly half as much of what's out there
seriously boy, go that site and read a little, go rent a book in a library and do some reading about engineering involved behind audio, and quit whining and letting people who know a lot more than you down.
while all you do is criticize one piece of equipment or the other or try to sell some sh*t around here,
that's all you're good for

while some of your points are valid, saying something is the best for SQ is not fact. its still opinion. there are way to many variables in the car audio envirement to have one specific type be the "best" over another.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 3:54 PM
alright, let me rephrase my point
that specific enclosure is best suited for deltas and j bodies sedans. still doesn't change the idea as this is j-body forum.
Wednesday, September 14, 2011 3:59 PM
for spl however i'd go with 6th order or even ported, those enclosures produce some excellent gains around their tuning frequency, but sq suffers outside the tuning frequency
still ported probably is the best bet for somebody who's relatively new to car audio, but i'd recommend people experimenting with other types of enclosures as the results are vastly different. nonetheless, if you want a decent combination of both SQ and SPL and you have a jbody or a delta i've calculated 1 particular enclosure to be suited a little better than the others
Thursday, September 15, 2011 4:35 AM
wait, now you just said if you want a combination of sq and spl. its almost gaurenteed that something that is a mix of both won't be the best at both.. what you may have found is a box that you feel works best for you. and thats the diffrence here. because really if there was one best you would see everyone in the competiton lanes using it. even in the same car depending on the rest of your setup there can still be enough diffrence to warrant one box over the other.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, September 15, 2011 6:53 AM
It's like reading an Anton post from 2 years ago. Deja vu!

Thursday, September 15, 2011 4:47 PM
well sndsgood, you obviously know a lot more than jl does. obviously i was generalizing when I said "best"... better word would've been optimal.
of course there's a lot more to it then that, but without getting too deep into it, i think i made my point.
it's nice to have a discussion with someone who knows audio as well as you do.
Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:00 PM
Haha, I will admit that Jason is older and more experienced than me. I will also say he probably does have more over all car audio knowledge than me. Unlike you, I am humble, can admit things like that, and am not just a punk showing up out of nowhere and talking out my ass. You talk more trash than anyone I've seen on the forums in a while. It's funny that you sit there and do your "I know everything" argument and Jason puts you in your place multiple times before you finally admit he knows what he's talking about. It's a shame I don't have the time or give-a-damn to do anything of the sort. You're still a complete tool. And Jason didn't say ANYTHING more than I did, he worded everything differently. You're such a joke, it's almost worth letting you continue to dumb up the forum.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:05 PM
another reason why a lot of people hesitate to use 1 enclosure over the other is because it takes some knowledge to built. you won't find any type of software that'll help you properly design say 6th order or transmission line enclosure, you have to do all the calculations on paper. you gotta know calculate your wave length, resonant frequency, and the space to execute it correctly. but the end result is worth it.
Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:08 PM
Space is another big one. You can go get the best guy in the world at designing, calculating, and executing those enclosures, but in the end a lot of people don't have the space required. So, while I agree the complexity of doing it right scares a lot of people away, space is another big reason people don't even look into how to do it.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:17 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Haha, I will admit that Jason is older and more experienced than me. I will also say he probably does have more over all car audio knowledge than me. Unlike you, I am humble, can admit things like that, and am not just a punk showing up out of nowhere and talking out my ass. You talk more trash than anyone I've seen on the forums in a while. It's funny that you sit there and do your "I know everything" argument and Jason puts you in your place multiple times before you finally admit he knows what he's talking about. It's a shame I don't have the time or give-a-damn to do anything of the sort. You're still a complete tool. And Jason didn't say ANYTHING more than I did, he worded everything differently. You're such a joke, it's almost worth letting you continue to dumb up the forum.

jl, i gotta ask.. were you bullied around a lot while you were in school? picked on and teased by your school mates much? i don't know what it is with you, but you need to seek out medical attention cause dude, you have some psychological issues. you think anybody here cares about your opinion about me? or that somebody is gonna back you off and you look like a tough shot all of the sudden? as you can see nobody gives a damn about your little speeches.
do everybody a favor and drain yourself. you're useless piece of creature that needs to learn your place in the society or you won't end up well.
Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:20 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Space is another big one. You can go get the best guy in the world at designing, calculating, and executing those enclosures, but in the end a lot of people don't have the space required. So, while I agree the complexity of doing it right scares a lot of people away, space is another big reason people don't even look into how to do it.

did you know that trunk size in a cavalier is 15 cu ft? you can properly fit 5 15s if you want.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:25 PM
Friday, September 16, 2011 5:41 AM
Andrey B wrote:
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Space is another big one. You can go get the best guy in the world at designing, calculating, and executing those enclosures, but in the end a lot of people don't have the space required. So, while I agree the complexity of doing it right scares a lot of people away, space is another big reason people don't even look into how to do it.

did you know that trunk size in a cavalier is 15 cu ft? you can properly fit 5 15s if you want.

LMAO, yet through all the plans i have drawn up for my car i cant seem to figure out how to fit 2 15s.. please teach me oh great one....

click sig for my car audio videos
Friday, September 16, 2011 5:42 AM
Lanman31337 - Cavfire wrote:It's like reading an Anton post from 2 years ago. Deja vu!

LMAO! i wasnt this bad i swear....

Friday, September 16, 2011 8:55 AM
Anton Miller (PPC) wrote:
Andrey B wrote:

LMAO, yet through all the plans i have drawn up for my car i cant seem to figure out how to fit 2 15s.. please teach me oh great one....

try using a set of 15's that dont require a boatload of space.

Friday, September 16, 2011 9:22 AM
port area is the issue.

Friday, September 16, 2011 12:09 PM
Friday, September 16, 2011 3:25 PM
sealed boxes suck
Friday, September 16, 2011 6:56 PM
Andrey B wrote:sealed boxes suck

I tried to reply to one post you made with a mature, legitimate reply. But after this one, I can't any more. I won't even give you the benefit of being a legit, over all car audio enthusiast. You prove more and more that you are just a big sub bass-head who reads a lot about box theory. Seriously, shut the @!#$ up now.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, September 17, 2011 11:13 AM
hey jl, you love sealed boxes so much, how about we stick you in one and find out your resonating frequency?
Monday, September 19, 2011 5:25 AM
Andrey B wrote:sealed boxes suck

if you dont want accurate music i guess they probalby would sucks. nothing worse then 2-15's that would fit in the trunk of the car and produce accurate bass responce. god how awful does that sound.

Monday, September 19, 2011 7:45 AM
sealed boxes are inefficient, have high(er) low frequency extension and any n00b can make them.
Monday, September 19, 2011 11:26 AM
So dificulty of build is what you use to determine if its good or not?

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, September 19, 2011 1:00 PM
now a days buying 1000 watt amps are so cheap innecficency really isnt a valid concern. and just because there easy to make means they suck is some seriously sad logic.

Monday, September 19, 2011 3:00 PM
well, if you have a really small car where there's not much room or if you go with a huge box to compensate for high roll off (and risk blowing a sub) i don't see how sealed boxes can serve any purpose, specially if you're running 1000 watts or more. you can build a ported enclosure that might only take up 0.5-1 cu ft more that'd sound better than sealed, be more efficient, with excellent low end response.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search