Twin Charged Dyno numbers are here - Page 2 - Boost Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: Twin Charged Dyno numbers are here
Saturday, August 05, 2006 11:10 AM
Josh I like what you have done. Sure 230hp may not be alot of hp for a boosted car. Look at the setup. It has a ton of room for improvement. It is not maxed out at 230hp. He could easily put on a smaller pulley and fully spool a large turbo sooner than you guys think is even possible. The only problem I can see is bringing on to much boost to soon on a stock moter.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Saturday, August 05, 2006 12:20 PM
all i can do is shake my head and laugh at the very few of you on here... if you had the slightest clue of how the supercharge reacts to this you might be able to understand it all...

My intake temps are lowerd HUGE by my alky injection... they guy tuning it said the alcohol helps out big time (he also tuned the alcohol as well) and had no problem with the air being to hot by any means wasnt seeing any knock from it and just was not a concern to him as well with the fan coming on sooner its not going any warmer then it was with just the supercharger and if it is , its very small...

also back to the HP number... please show me any one making more then 230whp @7psi... then show me what rpm he is hitting 230whp.. i will put money on it that its not 4500rpm all the way up to red line... and maybe you can prove me wrong... but i easly can change that down to the high 3000's just by putting the stock supercharger pulley back on .... do i want to? i dont know i will have to test it all at the track and see for tracktion and what not...

but for a car that people say would NEVER work or wouldnt even put out numbers that a turbo would i think i have proven a point there... and i will prove another or try to prove another when i get a change to hi the 1/4mile...

But if you ask me for a daily driver with conditions from -30 and 3ft of snow in the winter and +30 and dryer then all hell in the summer its pretty good if you ask me...

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno
Saturday, August 05, 2006 2:15 PM
wow that sunfire is gay.................dude why would you be like everyone else and twin charge a sunfire? why didnt u be diffrent and just turbo it insted?
7psi for 250 is pretty damn low, dont most jbodys get over 300whp at 7psi
anyways josh u already know what i really think, @!#$ them haters and keep at it, i know for a fact that next year u will be over 300

Saturday, August 05, 2006 2:42 PM
skillz i think is the only making that kinda power with a small amount of boost

my cavs hp n tq curve are very flat , but stat to fall off

and im at 6-7psi with my s/c , and 186whp and 175 wtq

he did a great job , and something alot of other people wont do

and ccfab needs a perma ban , he is useless around here

Saturday, August 05, 2006 3:28 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]
and ccfab needs a perma ban , he is useless around here

x43987234923409

Josh, keep up the good work bro. don't let people like ccfab hold you back from doing something. just keep plugging away.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Saturday, August 05, 2006 3:33 PM
What does a internally stock turbo 2.4 usually put down???

The only internally stock 2.4 i have ever watched dyno was Jeff Filkins. His car put down 240ish whp on 10 psi with a very small T3 50 trim .48 turbine turbo and had (by mistake) one stock injector, knocking like crazy.

I could easily see a 2.4 with a decent sized turbo that is properly tuned (not knocking like Jeff's was) putting down 230whp on 7 psi easy.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Saturday, August 05, 2006 3:39 PM
ccfab wrote:230 is limp dick hp numbers neat project, but like everyone said too much money for almost no return.

i wouldnt even have made a post if that was my car.

Why is it every freaking time someone posts dyno numbers some schmuck has to be like, "ohh those numbers suck" everyone always whines "go get on a dyno, go dyno it" and everytime someone posts their results if its not 280 hp to the wheels they get nothing but @!#$ from a bunch of people who haven't done jack @!#$ to their cars!!

Josh didn't come on here posting numbers to brag, he just wanted to share his results with us, if you don't have anything nice to say Shut the %#@$ up!

Saturday, August 05, 2006 4:01 PM
Nice!!!
Love those power curves!!!
Seem to get power across most of the RPM range!!!!

Saturday, August 05, 2006 4:20 PM
it says Mustang dyno on the sheet. correct me if im wrong but dont mustang dynos produce lower numbers then regualar ones?
Saturday, August 05, 2006 4:51 PM
i love you guys
Saturday, August 05, 2006 4:53 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]skillz i think is the only making that kinda power with a small amount of boost

yea but doesnt he have a ported head and such?

my entire engine is stock... stock head, stock TB, stock every thing except the s/c'er and turbo...

brandon schnupp wrote:Nice!!!
Love those power curves!!!
Seem to get power across most of the RPM range!!!!

yea around 4500rpm its at 230hp... with the 3.0" s/c'er pulley........ if i go to the stock 2.8" pulley i see 230whp in the 3000rpm range so there is alot to be played around with still...

Skilz10179 wrote:What does a internally stock turbo 2.4 usually put down???

The only internally stock 2.4 i have ever watched dyno was Jeff Filkins. His car put down 240ish whp on 10 psi with a very small T3 50 trim .48 turbine turbo and had (by mistake) one stock injector, knocking like crazy.

I could easily see a 2.4 with a decent sized turbo that is properly tuned (not knocking like Jeff's was) putting down 230whp on 7 psi easy.

so his put down 10hp more then mine with 3psi more... so again i will say, the s/c'er is not a bottle neck, and like people are saying my dyno was done on a mustang dyno... and as far as i know they always show lower hp numbers...

bronzealero wrote:it says Mustang dyno on the sheet. correct me if im wrong but dont mustang dynos produce lower numbers then regualar ones?

yep thats what i hear...

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno

Saturday, August 05, 2006 4:59 PM
dude, stop already, we said the s/c isnt a bottleneck YET what part of YET dont you understand,

once you try and push it alittle harder, your gonna see the harsh reality of a undersized blower mutilating your iat's and your ability to make power. the raised iat's will significantly lower your knock limit as well.

yes it works, now, but even now its nothing amazing. like i said in the 3 other posts you chose to ignore.

come talk to me when you deside to push the system harder. youll be like gee, ccfab, howd you know that would happen. i see the same thing constantly all over the place. at lower boost settings the smallish blower can handle the task ok, thats what its designed for, lower boost. once you start spinning the @!#$ out of that screw to try and raise boost pressure and compensate for increased boost from the turbo, that thing is gonna be like replacing your intercooler with a contsainer full of hot charcoal for your charge air to pass through,.

regardlees if your blower is "wired" or whatever sweet technical bs you tried to do to it.

your the sad one man, just admit its a freakin novelty and move on.

and as far as a turbo setup alone not making that power before 4500rpm? are ou serious? thats significantly slower of a spool time on your piece than i would have hoped for or expected with a s/c spooling your turbo/

you have any exhaust or boost leaks?

98redcavs setup was full spool 10 psi by 3500rpm and ripped real nice butt dyno would say 240 plus hp on a freakin straight t3 48/60. anything else youd like me to tell you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, August 05, 2006 5:02 PM
Saturday, August 05, 2006 6:34 PM
When a twincharged system is pushed hard the positive pressure put on the supercharger will actually help the supercharger turn and put horsepower back into the system. IT MIGHT be bottlenecked later on in the high 3 digit numners.

Saturday, August 05, 2006 8:27 PM
ccfab wrote:dude, stop already, we said the s/c isnt a bottleneck YET what part of YET dont you understand,

once you try and push it alittle harder, your gonna see the harsh reality of a undersized blower mutilating your iat's and your ability to make power. the raised iat's will significantly lower your knock limit as well.

yes it works, now, but even now its nothing amazing. like i said in the 3 other posts you chose to ignore.

come talk to me when you deside to push the system harder. youll be like gee, ccfab, howd you know that would happen. i see the same thing constantly all over the place. at lower boost settings the smallish blower can handle the task ok, thats what its designed for, lower boost. once you start spinning the @!#$ out of that screw to try and raise boost pressure and compensate for increased boost from the turbo, that thing is gonna be like replacing your intercooler with a contsainer full of hot charcoal for your charge air to pass through,.

regardlees if your blower is "wired" or whatever sweet technical bs you tried to do to it.

your the sad one man, just admit its a freakin novelty and move on.

and as far as a turbo setup alone not making that power before 4500rpm? are ou serious? thats significantly slower of a spool time on your piece than i would have hoped for or expected with a s/c spooling your turbo/

you have any exhaust or boost leaks?

98redcavs setup was full spool 10 psi by 3500rpm and ripped real nice butt dyno would say 240 plus hp on a freakin straight t3 48/60. anything else youd like me to tell you?

josh you really shouldn't take that as bashing you. its the harsh reality. I mean cool setup, you're the first one to do it and all, but it just doesn't seem worth it at all. Like skilz said,240 whp was dyno proven on Jeff Filkin's 10psi stock block setup (without even using a large turbo, it was a super 60). You put down 230 on 7psi WITH a blower. So I figure you would make 240ish whp on 8 psi...So all that blower is doing is letting you make the power at a TAD of a lower boost level. For the money the supercharger kit costs, I would just do a little half turn of that boost controller. That turbo probably isn't even touching its effiencey range at the boost your running. You'll make even more power per pound of boost when you let that turbo breath a little. You can't do that on your m45...Just speaking my mind here

Blew it up, build numbers coming soon
Saturday, August 05, 2006 9:24 PM
your m45 blower is ethiopian pete is also ethiopian, the 2.4 motor is ethiopian, need i say more.

bud light fo rthe win.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, August 05, 2006 9:27 PM
Saturday, August 05, 2006 10:01 PM
i am a avid GM s/c fan, but that s/c has to go if you want to make anything decent HP wise with it. I would love to see that s/c blow up as you are pushing too much air into it!. haha

johnny mack made like upwards towards 300 hp on a "low " psi level like you were asking for people to show you.

Saturday, August 05, 2006 10:12 PM
there's an n-body 2.4 in vegas running 13 psi and getting about 330 whp on a mustang dyno.

I really like the twin charger setup josh, and would like to see you push it to the limits. congrats on straying from the status quo

and ccfab bud light is for pussies

'00 Grand Am 2.4L LD9
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/816505
Saturday, August 05, 2006 10:13 PM
Josh F wrote:
Skilz10179 wrote:What does a internally stock turbo 2.4 usually put down???

so his put down 10hp more then mine with 3psi more... so again i will say, the s/c'er is not a bottle neck, and like people are saying my dyno was done on a mustang dyno... and as far as i know they always show lower hp numbers...

Yeah, so his put down 10hp more then yours with 3psi more... On a maxed out turbo and knocking like crazy. Again, with a better sized turbo and all the correct injectors in i see no reason why a 2.4 on 7psi wouldn't make 230whp...

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Saturday, August 05, 2006 10:28 PM
Anybody know how many twin charged j's there are out there? Anybody? because this is the only one i know of. and as he said, they are numbers, he posted them for you to see, not bash.

How many people have seen that 57 chevy with 8 turbo's? its a dumb idea but its done and how much publicity did he get because he was whats it called, octaturbo'ed?

I can see some impressive numbers coming from this setup. Everyone says that the other guy was making 240 single charged, im sure if he turned up both chargers he would make a heck of a lot more. his parts would have to do less work to spool and work together. now im betting that if the other guy turned up high as well it would be tougher on his motor and probably blow sooner than the twin charged.

I would much rather see this car in a magazine than a single charged car, its unique. There are a lot of cars out there i hate because of the wacky interriors and what not and some air brushing that doesnt go with anything at all but i still give them props because of the time effort and the quality of work put into it. might not be my taste but at the same time, they did a great job and used a lot of special artistic talent.

So whether you like it or not is your choice but dont bash him because his numbers arent high enough. Especially since his numbers are more than likely a constant higher than MANY on this site for sure.

Props on the idea and those are low numbers for now i can imagine

Saturday, August 05, 2006 10:38 PM
well your mom didnt complain when i was reamin her out after about 17 budlights,

bottom line, this car is a joke for how much is sunk into it. i too would liek to see the charger blow off your face.

ima install a ebay ssac turbo kit on my car just to show you 300whp for 500 dollars.
Saturday, August 05, 2006 10:45 PM
whatever, you know I'd be your dad if that dog wouldn't have beat me over the fence.

'00 Grand Am 2.4L LD9

Saturday, August 05, 2006 10:47 PM
sorry to whore up your thread with that one Josh.

back on topic, you should get another boost gauge to tell you what psi youre hitting before the eaton. see how much of a gain in boost the blower's actually netting you.

'00 Grand Am 2.4L LD9
Saturday, August 05, 2006 11:04 PM
mike wrote:
back on topic, you should get another boost gauge to tell you what psi youre hitting before the eaton. see how much of a gain in boost the blower's actually netting you.

That's a good idea. I'd be interested in seeing it.

Sunday, August 06, 2006 12:22 AM
ccfab, what are you driving? i dont see any cars in your reg...

Sunday, August 06, 2006 12:27 AM
I piss excellence.

Shake n Bake baby, shake n bake.

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search