It's finally my turn... Lingenfelter turbo kit - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
It's finally my turn... Lingenfelter turbo kit
Wednesday, November 05, 2008 9:51 PM
Well guys i bit the bullet and threw down the cash for the one and only ever made 2.4 Lingenfelter full turbo kit.

all n all the kit was very professionally built and put together. there are a few areas that arent the best but the designers were going for a nice and subtle professional kit, not 500whp. this kit helped the previous car put down 211whp, only mods were a borla catback system. the GMPP flash, m45 kit 310cc injectors and accel AFPR were used for tune aspect. i will have to use HP tuners and an FMU as my car is a 98. which is fine, im not going for huge numbers. i plan on getting 440cc rc engineering injectors, an msd in-line fuel pump and doing a mallory coil ignition upgrade/conversion (the mallory coils are black, i would do MSD's but they are red and red does not go with my engine bay).

Now, keep in mind... quite a bit of the kit will be changed to my liking as well as a few things are getting upgraded eventually. and really, to be completely and blatantly obvious, the only piece i will end up having eventually (years down the road) will be the front cold-side charge pipe. ive wanted this pipe since the very first time i laid eyes on it when wade jarvis showed me the car. i love the way it sits, looks and 'flows' with the engine bay. i essentially bought the entire kit for JUST this pipe because the owner would not sell just it despite several offers and attempts... no, it may not flow the best and no it may not be the best way (in some eyes) to do a pipe, BUT... on the contrary, my goal is 300whp with a max psi of 12 in the long run so i can have a little bit of form over function and sacrifice certain flow properties for looks. as long as i hit my goal, i will be happy and it will be just fine for me.

All of the charge piping is made from aluminum and is lighter than fawk. the welds are flawless on most everything in this department. par of the intake track is made from stainless, i cannot figure out why they did this. but... the welds on this bad boy are mind boggling, they are TINY and look freaking perfect. this piece truly is a work of art, only problem is, its STAINLESS!! lol and it is pretty heavy.

i realize the intercooler is pretty small... BUT, i did not want to give up my fog lights just for an intercooler and i realize that piping could be ran differently to make it work but as far as i know from both wade and the previous owner the intercooler does just fine and does its job nicely. i will also be adding some sort of a cooling setup because as you all know the stock 95-99 z24 bumper only has two tiny holes for air to pass through, down by the foglights so cooling and air flow is going to be limited even further. the intercooler has a welded on flange to bolt it right to the bumper support as well. which is another thing i really like.

the manifold has seen better days. two of the welds are cracking pretty badly and are in need of repair.

the turbo is a Garrett T-694. .60 A/R. water and oil cooled. internally gated. i really dont know a whole lot about it much more then this, so if you know anything else please let me know. one thing i noticed was that the shaft moves quite a bit (or at least i think it does) but the problem is i have no idea what 'a lot' of shaft play is... i may a video of me moving it around so if anyone would like to view it and help me out let me know, i would appreciate it.

Plans for the current for next season setup include-

rebuild turbo
have welds on manifold cut and re-burned
have exhaust side, downpipe, and manifold jet hot sterling coated
all charge piping powdercoated gloss black
new BOV, unsure on what i want yet.
ntercooler sprayer or CO2 sprayer
screw in IAT
black couplers and vacuum lines
t-bolt hardware

Plans for the distant future-
vulcan externally gated SS manifold jet hot coated
turbonetics turbo with exhaust side jet hot coated
3" SS downpipe jet hot coated
tial polished 38mm wastegate, closed dump into the downpipe, also jet hot coated
hot side of charge piping done differently and larger
little bit bigger spearco intercooler

other then that if you have any questions please ask. keep in mind i am learning still.... so if you have any suggestions or advise i will gladly accept it.

on with the pics!

hot side, turbo connection

wow thats a lot of pipes!!!

intake tract, second stage

amazing tiny welds...

downpipe

oil drain/return

oil feed (cam tower/ oil pressure sending unit)

water feed (i believe it goes in series with a heater hose that heads to the heater core)

1st cracked weld:

2nd cracked weld:

and last but not least... the whole reason the purchase happened LOL

failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

Re: It's finally my turn... Lingenfelter turbo kit
Wednesday, November 05, 2008 10:03 PM
awesome bro! congrats!

Wednesday, November 05, 2008 10:07 PM
very nice

Thursday, November 06, 2008 12:58 AM
Was this kit off a black Z sedan?
Thursday, November 06, 2008 5:35 AM
Welcome to the club

Ive always been amazed by the charge piping on that setup, and your definitely gona have to change some things if you plan to stay auto. Dont know much about that lil turbo, but I think a nice turbonetics t04e ceramic turbine/polished compressor would fit you perfectly haha.

Thursday, November 06, 2008 6:32 AM
nice kit.

have fun with it.

I would try to keep it as close to origional as possible, with as few up grades as you can.

Thursday, November 06, 2008 7:50 AM
mjc15 wrote:Was this kit off a black Z sedan?

Yes it is.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Thursday, November 06, 2008 2:26 PM
Awsome! I can't believe how long with kit was for sale before someone bought it. The turbo looks like some sort of T25 or maybe a T25/T28.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Thursday, November 06, 2008 3:15 PM
Very cool stuff buddy! Im glad it went to a great home. Setup is gonna look sick when your done..

Oh and dont kid yourself.. you will want more power after a few months. lol.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Thursday, November 06, 2008 5:16 PM
Never heard of this kit before. Looks ok. I would not go with a inline pump. If you even need a bigger pump get the racetronix pump.

FU Tuning

Thursday, November 06, 2008 5:36 PM
ahhhh boost...

Thursday, November 06, 2008 5:57 PM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:Very cool stuff buddy! Im glad it went to a great home. Setup is gonna look sick when your done..

Oh and dont kid yourself.. you will want more power after a few months. lol.

Agreed!

Congrats.

Thursday, November 06, 2008 6:42 PM
so are you me and wichers gonna have a booster day... get my sc on and wichers and get your turbo on lol

8 psi with m62 and IAT under 100
Thursday, November 06, 2008 10:23 PM
That thing should spool quick. Lots of piping though.

2004 Cavalier. Razzi. (Sold)
1998 Corvette. Some mods.
1992 Typhoon. Lots of mods.
1994 Civic VX 44MPG
Thursday, November 06, 2008 10:25 PM
wow I had no idea you were going boost! Keep me posted

GMR has got nothing on this
Friday, November 07, 2008 12:12 AM
Very nice!

Saturday, June 25, 2011 7:36 PM
updates, got the welds on the manifold repaired, had the flange plained and had it coated.

but, unfortunately... this kit is for sale... PM me if you are seriously interested.

Saturday, June 25, 2011 8:29 PM
You better put down more than 211whp N/A darnit! Lol

Saturday, June 25, 2011 11:21 PM
Seriously Brad, you're selling? It's almost a complete kit, why the hell would you sell?

Sunday, June 26, 2011 7:32 AM
Thrice . wrote:Seriously Brad, you're selling? It's almost a complete kit, why the hell would you sell?

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Sunday, June 26, 2011 9:38 AM
Der cus he gets his jolleys when the N/A car runs mid 12s n smokes a thrown together turboed car.

Sunday, June 26, 2011 11:05 AM
LOL well, something like that cory.

that and well, to be honest i want to do a remote mount setup on the white car eventually. something i can have much more of a hand in producing then just buying a kit. i really only bought this kit for the one cold side piping piece cuz i always liked the way it looks. the goal for that car is 300whp. something this kit would strain to do.... especially on an auto.

and.. i need funds to finish my damn engines. only a few more parts are needed and i can finally get them together.

Sunday, June 26, 2011 12:25 PM
I like this plan, I want to use a rons header with a remote mount. That would be a badass seup!

Sunday, June 26, 2011 12:39 PM
Zs Z wrote:Der cus he gets his jolleys when the N/A car runs mid 12s n smokes a thrown together turboed car.

ill have to remember to put that one in my joke book.

Monday, June 27, 2011 8:52 PM
I was only kind of joking....obviously no N/A will beat a turboed Fetter built car. But someone who thinks they have a fast car because they slapped a saab kit on a stock engine, yeah that would be fun to beat N/A.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search