TurboCavalier98 ~ Rebuild Thread - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: TurboCavalier98 ~ Rebuild Thread
Saturday, October 02, 2010 2:06 PM
Well as promised some updated pictures. Like I stated before the car wont be finished until I pay off the work. I owe $1750 yet plus another $400 to finalize tuning on the dyno. Car has a base tune right now with HPT but that was on stock injectors and ish. Due to the incredible job on polishing the turbo housing I decided to polish the intercooler piping and a valve cover.

Chromed out inlet housing.... I F***ING LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

3" Down pipe & TiAL Wastegate

Front end

New 1.6:1 roller rockers, rc injectors and valve cover spacer (thanks again phil)

Rebuilt turbo sitting in place

Custom radiator mounting

Saturday, October 02, 2010 3:00 PM
badass

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 2:38 PM
hehehe that valve cover spacer looks amazing!
Tuesday, October 12, 2010 7:35 PM
BLTNBSTD (FKA Phil Lindsay) wrote:hehehe that valve cover spacer looks amazing!

Thanks again man I appreciate it. Cant wait to pay off this shop so i can see where the car stands once its tuned and completely together. Getting close though!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 7:33 AM
Good Luck, Mine should come together this spring, but I have been saying that for 3-4 years now.
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 8:24 AM
Both you, get your @sses in gear!

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 11:09 AM
i need to go see this car ASAP

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, October 14, 2010 9:49 AM
QWK LN2 (needs an @ss whoopin) wrote:Both you, get your @sses in gear!

I hear ya I need to. I am getting sick of waiting but until my reimbursement gets deposited in my account for college I am stuck nickle and diming this beast until she is paid off. I cant say I blame the shop for halting the finished product until its paid off.

the Jew wrote:i need to go see this car ASAP

Oh trust me at the moment she is far far from a pretty sight. In fact in the words of my fiance "Man this car is ****ing ugly" LMAO! Infinite wisdom from the better looking half

Sunday, October 31, 2010 12:04 PM
love this car!

Sunday, October 31, 2010 7:59 PM
Thanks a lot I appreciate it. Its a mess at the current moment but that is all coming to an end real soon. Should be dropping off a $1,000 later this week and then I can get them to finish this beast up. Seeing as I will be so close to paying it off the next question I want to present is pricing on a custom aluminum intake manifold with a LT1 TB and two extra injectors with direct port nozzles. Depending on price, this could be a very realistic possibility. Looking to be tuned with some numbers by late december.

*Super Ultra Small Update*
Added a TTR polished upper mount to the mix, should be ordering the lower this week to get rid of them crappy RKSport/Prothane ones I have had for years now.... Ahhh yes less vibration cant wait LOL.

Thanks again Aaron with TTR!

Saturday, January 08, 2011 10:42 AM
update?

Friday, January 28, 2011 6:11 AM
The only update I have is that I am currently waiting on my tax return to finish the car since my last lump some of money ended up going from finishing the car to unloading my 2006 Impala and purchasing my 2010 HHR LT..... It was a sad day when I signed over that $3200 and was only able to throw another $500 towards the Cavi. On a pretty F****** awesome note I am suppose to get 6k back on my tax return. If that happens the car will be finished and I may go after that elusive intake manifold I have been chasing for a few years. I already have 2 extra RC Injectors. I just dont know if I add the two injectors if HPT will allow me to control them or will I have to buy a piggy back system?

Any body know? can my 2200 ECM control 6 injectors with HPT tweeking?

Friday, January 28, 2011 12:32 PM
Josh, when you get this car done, bring it by my shop. I wanna see it very bad.

Mark

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Friday, January 28, 2011 1:51 PM
Josh G. wrote:The only update I have is that I am currently waiting on my tax return to finish the car since my last lump some of money ended up going from finishing the car to unloading my 2006 Impala and purchasing my 2010 HHR LT..... It was a sad day when I signed over that $3200 and was only able to throw another $500 towards the Cavi. On a pretty F****** awesome note I am suppose to get 6k back on my tax return. If that happens the car will be finished and I may go after that elusive intake manifold I have been chasing for a few years. I already have 2 extra RC Injectors. I just dont know if I add the two injectors if HPT will allow me to control them or will I have to buy a piggy back system?

Any body know? can my 2200 ECM control 6 injectors with HPT tweeking?
I would advise against using extra injectors like this..... If you use an injector big enough to do the job, you won't need extra injectors anyway...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Friday, January 28, 2011 4:33 PM
Ryan,

Why do you say no to adding to extra injectors? I have 650cc injectors now. Using 4 got 2 spares just chilling.

Mark,

I promise I will bring it by. This car has been a complete pain in the @$$ over the last 10 years. Many many many would have given up a long time ago. For what ever reason I am dedicated to this and want to see it finished. Again I cant thank you enough for the deals on the stuff I got from you. I love the fact that my entire suspension support members are all uniform.

Being realistic I am hoping to be painted by my birthday in June. I owe like $1,200 to S&R, $300 for the final dyno tune and $1,100 for the front end body work to be finished with the new intercooler and bigger tires accounted for. I have a lot I need to decide on. I have a 4-door wide body fender flare kit that is fiberglass 1" and 6 piece. Molded right would look dope with the F-1 fenders I have and the 98-02 Accord headlights the car is currently fitted with. Also I need to decide if I want to keep stock tail lights or go with these FX35 outter tail lights like I originally planned. This is all a little off topic but its just the crap thats running through my mind with the tax return on its way lol.

Friday, January 28, 2011 5:45 PM
Josh G. wrote:Ryan,

Why do you say no to adding to extra injectors? I have 650cc injectors now. Using 4 got 2 spares just chilling.

You don't need the extra injectors. Plus it will make tuning it more of a challenge.

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Friday, January 28, 2011 6:11 PM
Well to be honest the guy who is doing my tuning should be up for the challenge. Around here Jeremy Formato from fastproms.net is some what of a legend when it comes to tuning Chevy's. I just present the idea because I do not want to max out my fuel and have to buy bigger injectors when I have two spare 650cc brand spanking new just collecting dust.

Ryan,

You against the intake manifold and direct port nitrous idea as well? Just getting your input. Hope all is working itself out with the house situation. Good people always seem to get screwed, I know this all to well.

Friday, January 28, 2011 6:47 PM
Josh G. wrote:Well to be honest the guy who is doing my tuning should be up for the challenge. Around here Jeremy Formato from fastproms.net is some what of a legend when it comes to tuning Chevy's. I just present the idea because I do not want to max out my fuel and have to buy bigger injectors when I have two spare 650cc brand spanking new just collecting dust.

Ryan,

You against the intake manifold and direct port nitrous idea as well? Just getting your input. Hope all is working itself out with the house situation. Good people always seem to get screwed, I know this all to well.

Actually I had court today regarding the house situation. Jusdge is still reviewing our case and we are waiting on a determination to see if we can proceed with our lawsuit, or if the city gets to hide behind sovereign immunity. As for your car, I don't think you are going to run out of injector to begin with. As for direct port, no I am not against it. Done many of those setups.

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, January 29, 2011 6:55 AM
looking forward to big updates asap then it will be a trip to tampa

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Friday, February 25, 2011 3:12 PM
Ok first off I was finally able to put down some searious coin into this project. With a bit of missery and depression I have to admit upfront that I decided against building an intake manifold or adding nitrous to this project. Needless to say I have a TON of nitrous goodies for sale. The project originally was projected at $4200 with an insane laundry list of clean ups, rebuilds, or replacing involved. Basically I had the entire top half of the motor rebuilt and the turbo kit refabricated.

Any who I got my tax return this morning and I dropped another $3500 into the wishing well. The original estimate was $4200 before we knew the turbo needed rebuilding, I added roller rockers, and matched up a new MLS head gasket with ARP studs. So today some additional changes were made I purchased some new goodies to replace some more unused parts. (we wanted to match up everything and bring some uniformity to the project) The total project cost is $6,000. Before today I had $1,700 paid into S&R Performance. That puts me at a grand total of $800 away from being tuned and running north of 20lbs. The expectation is about 2-4 weeks from tuned and on its way to the body shop. I wanted to show off the new purchases as well.

Also opted to have my rotors cryo treated, neon rear disc swap, removing all AC electronics/wiring, airbag sensors/wiring, replacing all heater hose with braided line to match all fuel and trans lines.

I have a list of nitrous/Misc parts for sale as well will repost else where too:

2 - 10lb bottles both FULL/will not ship (one white NX express one NOS light blue)(used)
2 - purge kits NIB ( one Zex the other is NOS)
1 - fuel solenoid brand new
1 - nitrous solenoid new (i think they were rated 150hp not sure, dont remember brand)
2 - NOS lines I think one is 15ft the other is 18ft cant remember
4 - NOS metal bottle brackets
1 - intercooler spray bar
1 - Greddy Type - S/R BOV new/ just mounted never used. (its the one with the blue) (might be a knock off spent a $100 on ebay like 2 years ago)
1- RKSport upper insert used but in good shape (pay shipping or pick up and its free)
1 - RKSport lower dog mount good shape but used (pay shipping or pick up and its free)
1 - Stewart Warner boost gauge w/ white face new
1 - Autometer phantom volt gauge used

I will relist all of this ish when i get back from Wisconsin in two weeks.

MORE TO COME!!!!!!!

Thursday, March 03, 2011 12:54 PM
Dude the performance work your doing I respect.

But adding Honda headlights....its a CHEVY...dont over do it. Just pay it off already and get the car up and going. Trust me your going to get tired of the bodykit look. So stop haulting your project with crazy wild exterior mods.

Just install a stock kit and add some lips and you will be fine. And get rid of those honda headlights!

But again to each his own.

GMR has got nothing on this

Saturday, March 05, 2011 1:12 PM
DOHC_tuner wrote:Dude the performance work your doing I respect.

But adding Honda headlights....its a CHEVY...dont over do it. Just pay it off already and get the car up and going. Trust me your going to get tired of the bodykit look. So stop haulting your project with crazy wild exterior mods.

Just install a stock kit and add some lips and you will be fine. And get rid of those honda headlights!

But again to each his own.

Dude, the body work has been done for like 2 years LOL. I went to the Accord head lights for one reason and one reason only. I HATE THE CAVALIER HEADLIGHTS THEY ARE F****** UGLY!!!!!!

It all started back in 1999. I had APC projectors and clear corners. One clear corner broke and ever since I have hated the space between the turn signal and the headlight. Yes, I know they now make one piece 95-99 head lights... to little to late.

Besides It's my project and I will drag it out as long as I want to. I am doing it my way and if some one doesnt like it oh well. Personally I hate white rims, Euro tail lights and grocery cart wings but once again thats my forte. I've had itall before but in my humble opinion I have grown as far as what I find attractive in cars. If I could do it all over the car would be bone stock on the exterior except for rims and lowered.

Sunday, March 06, 2011 6:11 AM
that's awesome josh.

how much for the nitrous lines, selenoids, bottle brackets, and purge kit? basically all the nitrous stuff but the bottles?

Friday, April 22, 2011 7:31 PM
Just a couple pictures I took today. I swear on my next visit I will bring my camera and try to take some better pictures... For now the camera phone will have to do.

Engine bay, Turbo has Chrome inlet housing

New re-designed down pipe waste gate location and dump tube. Gown pipe to be cermaic coated.

I tried to get a nice shot on my camera phone of the dump pipe...

Rear Disc stopping power... Check. SRT-4 conversion

Friday, May 27, 2011 5:41 PM
*Update*

It's coming slowly but surely. My car was next in line after the BC Coilover time attack car, S14 with a VQ35 making a little over 400whp/400lbs. Kind of cool seeing professional cars next to mine... next time I will take pictures of the other toys... mine was my only interest so sorry for that LOL

The Intercooler piping is just sitting there to start mock up, the white car in the upperright corner is BC Suspensions Time Attack car, the S14. The blue mustang is a 4cyl 500hp turbo stang!

Straight up loving that BLING!!!!!!

In my opinion the Down Pipe is just sick, forget bending sh!t we will just weld a bunch of segments and make it look REAL TIGHT! lol

Start of the intercooler piping to the throtle body

Again with the nice welds on my Tial Waste Gate's Dump tube

I love the polished valve cover!

Thanks again Aaron with TTR for the Awesome deal on the mounts! They look great in the engine bay!

I can't explain how happy I am to have some updates to display. Today I decided to have S&R re-wire my engine harness and clean it up. It is going to look great after they remove the A/C and Airbag wiring and wrap everything up. Seeing as I only owe $560.77 it shouldnt be much longer until we are tuning and dynoing!!!

Stay tuned

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search