What makes the Adam Hahn 640 WHP Sunfire a street car? - Page 3 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: What makes the Adam Hahn 640 WHP Sunfire a street car?
Monday, March 28, 2011 10:13 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:We could do a Power Tour (JBody Power Tour). Cars have to drive from one track to another and not be trailered. See who is still driving at the end.

i like that idea actually.
I'm in too! Hope there are a lot of twisties! Lets see how that welded diff holds up!

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Monday, March 28, 2011 10:33 AM
QWK LN2 (needs an @ss whoopin) wrote:WoW! I'm impressed. the 1st reply only took 6 edits, and the last 10.... Your replys do nothing to back up my statement about you being stuck on yourself... I think I'm just going to start calling you Shallow Bill.... There is no "chip" on my shoulder, I'm just tired nobody having the balls to tell you how you really come across. You THINK you are God.... Based on your response, it looks like I may have touched a nerve..... I find it amusing as hell you trying to call me out in my car, which is a STREET CAR that is NOT TRACK LEGAL.... None the less, we know my car is much heavier and I started out with the "underdog" engine,... You have no idea how tempting it is to to build an ECO, DRIVE it to Florida and wax your ass... Tell you what.... With my current legal situation, I am in no way able to build another car, but I am sure I have a Cobalt (LNF) or 2 that I could DRIVE to Floirda and do this with... What do you say Bill? Want to have an LNF show-down? We both know I would win this.... Have you figured out how to tune an LNF yet without your crappy and overpriced handheld? I know you have yet to figure out how to tune an E67 PCM.... You may think you do, but I have valid proof that states otherwise... And since I "went there", is this the reason for the Port Fueler development? Was it truley designed because of your lack of knowledge on how to tune a setup with bigger injectors on a stock PCM ? Is that why you are stuck on the idea of the FMU still also? I'm really interested now.... Please tell me Oh Great One.....

Quickly QFT, lest Mr. Mouth decide to backtrack. Be back later for added fun, turbosystem orders to fill today

Oh, and do let me know when you are showing up, Mr. Mouth. Bring extra pushrods, and lots of tissues...you're gonna need them!

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Monday, March 28, 2011 10:51 AM
Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:
QWK LN2 (needs an @ss whoopin) wrote:WoW! I'm impressed. the 1st reply only took 6 edits, and the last 10.... Your replys do nothing to back up my statement about you being stuck on yourself... I think I'm just going to start calling you Shallow Bill.... There is no "chip" on my shoulder, I'm just tired nobody having the balls to tell you how you really come across. You THINK you are God.... Based on your response, it looks like I may have touched a nerve..... I find it amusing as hell you trying to call me out in my car, which is a STREET CAR that is NOT TRACK LEGAL.... None the less, we know my car is much heavier and I started out with the "underdog" engine,... You have no idea how tempting it is to to build an ECO, DRIVE it to Florida and wax your ass... Tell you what.... With my current legal situation, I am in no way able to build another car, but I am sure I have a Cobalt (LNF) or 2 that I could DRIVE to Floirda and do this with... What do you say Bill? Want to have an LNF show-down? We both know I would win this.... Have you figured out how to tune an LNF yet without your crappy and overpriced handheld? I know you have yet to figure out how to tune an E67 PCM.... You may think you do, but I have valid proof that states otherwise... And since I "went there", is this the reason for the Port Fueler development? Was it truley designed because of your lack of knowledge on how to tune a setup with bigger injectors on a stock PCM ? Is that why you are stuck on the idea of the FMU still also? I'm really interested now.... Please tell me Oh Great One.....

Quickly QFT, lest Mr. Mouth decide to backtrack. Be back later for added fun, turbosystem orders to fill today

Oh, and do let me know when you are showing up, Mr. Mouth. Bring extra pushrods, and lots of tissues...you're gonna need them!
Is this the best you can come up with? Seriously! Guess you don't want to compare apples to apples....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Monday, March 28, 2011 11:10 AM
all i have to input....

grassroots > shop built

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing
Monday, March 28, 2011 11:22 AM
z yaaaa wrote:all i have to input....

grassroots > shop built

^^^^^^^^^ this

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Monday, March 28, 2011 12:04 PM
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:I think Bill is picking on the LN2 because he is jealous that Hahn could not make a LN2 work as well as Ryan's LN2. Same for the LD9. Hahn tried to make products for both LD9, LN2 but failed. So they had to move on to a easier platform. Ecotec.

This is off topic, ( and really not helping ) but the LD9 and LN2 failed because of lack of interest on our end.

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Monday, March 28, 2011 12:37 PM
HMMMM The Bash/Brawl should be very interesting this year. Get Your popcorn ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday, March 28, 2011 1:26 PM
Blwn LD9 wrote:
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:I think Bill is picking on the LN2 because he is jealous that Hahn could not make a LN2 work as well as Ryan's LN2. Same for the LD9. Hahn tried to make products for both LD9, LN2 but failed. So they had to move on to a easier platform. Ecotec.

This is off topic, ( and really not helping ) but the LD9 and LN2 failed because of lack of interest on our end.

Seriously. This whole post is off topic from the start.

Still Hahn never put any big effort into the LD9/LN2 system's. I can think of 1 LD9, but that was for sure a racecar.

FU Tuning

Monday, March 28, 2011 1:31 PM
This thread blows. Hahn built an awesome car and sells the same products to anybody who wants to follow the proven recipe. Whats the problem with that? It boggles my mind that everybody called out the 500 horse cavy last week, and now everyone is ragging on the hahn car. Those two cars make the j-body community suck a whole lot less. Most of us are a complete joke to the rest of the tuner world. Why not congratulate each other instead of tear each other down?

Monday, March 28, 2011 1:32 PM
Well, to put an end to this, I am going to answer the questions at hand..... What makes the Adam Hahn 640 WHP Sunfire a street car? The simple answer is, Because Bill Hahn says so!

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Monday, March 28, 2011 2:47 PM
the lemur wrote:This thread blows. Hahn built an awesome car and sells the same products to anybody who wants to follow the proven recipe. Whats the problem with that? It boggles my mind that everybody called out the 500 horse cavy last week, and now everyone is ragging on the hahn car. Those two cars make the j-body community suck a whole lot less. Most of us are a complete joke to the rest of the tuner world. Why not congratulate each other instead of tear each other down?

How did anyone call the 519hp cavy out? I saw nothing but good job on it. No one doubted it every did it.

FU Tuning

Monday, March 28, 2011 3:00 PM
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:
Blwn LD9 wrote:

Still Hahn never put any big effort into the LD9/LN2 system's. I can think of 1 LD9, but that was for sure a racecar.

I think there were 3 LD9 kits. The Hahn test mule, Darren's drag car and Bob Mulls

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Monday, March 28, 2011 3:06 PM
the lemur wrote:This thread blows. Hahn built an awesome car and sells the same products to anybody who wants to follow the proven recipe. Whats the problem with that? It boggles my mind that everybody called out the 500 horse cavy last week, and now everyone is ragging on the hahn car. Those two cars make the j-body community suck a whole lot less. Most of us are a complete joke to the rest of the tuner world. Why not congratulate each other instead of tear each other down?

How did anyone call the 519hp cavy out? I saw nothing but good job on it. No one doubted it every did it.

Right, it was the attitude of the owner of the car who was getting called out because of his attitude.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, March 28, 2011 3:55 PM
I'm pretty sure a few people complained about him not building it, insulting him for not making it to number one, and laughed about the ammount of money spent. Thats where this thread came from afterall.

Monday, March 28, 2011 4:12 PM
Blwn LD9 wrote:
Blwn LD9 wrote:

I think there were 3 LD9 kits. The Hahn test mule, Darren's drag car and Bob Mulls

I think you are correct. I was just saying only 1 kit (darren's) was actually pushed the limits.

I'm with Whitecavy on it was the attitude of the owner being questioned.

FU Tuning

Monday, March 28, 2011 4:32 PM
Quote:

Oh, and do let me know when you are showing up, Mr. Mouth. [b]Bring extra pushrods, and lots of tissues...you're gonna need them!

Well, if I was a fornicating type of man, I know why I would be bring the tissues, and it wouldn't be for crying, it would be for wiping off Ryan's car after I had my way with it, from seeing it do it's thang, like I have seen it do to so many other naysayers numerous times!

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday, March 28, 2011 5:00 PM

Instead of going after the imports and riping them a new one, we wind up imploding ourselves.
I don't follow what goes on here, but I just read the stuff you all did. To me you ALL made impressive builds, have quite the balls to do it on a FWD too and ALL deserve major props. Hats off to ALL.
But really... this?
Carry on?

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Monday, March 28, 2011 6:16 PM
QWK LN2 (needs an @ss whoopin) wrote:What do you say Bill? Want to have an LNF show-down? We both know I would win this.... Have you figured out how to tune an LNF yet without your crappy and overpriced handheld? I know you have yet to figure out how to tune an E67 PCM.... You may think you do, but I have valid proof that states otherwise... And since I "went there", is this the reason for the Port Fueler development? Was it truley designed because of your lack of knowledge on how to tune a setup with bigger injectors on a stock PCM ? Is that why you are stuck on the idea of the FMU still also? I'm really interested now.... Please tell me Oh Great One.....

I just wanted to quote this so this asshole would read it twice.

...and from a customer review-
Quote:

As for how I was treated personally……..Aaron was always very respectful. Bill Hahn was not. I was often made to feel that I was not allowed to express any frustrations because his personal issues trumped them. This happened on more than one occasion. I asked over and over for updates about what was being done. At different times, I was told by Bill Hahn that he would have to “train” me to understand all of the “nuisances” and that he didn’t have time for that. He also told that because of all of the technical aspects that I wouldn’t understand, all he needed to tell me was when my car was ready to be picked up.

Bill Hahn egotistical, no way.

Monday, March 28, 2011 7:35 PM
Im sure im setting myself up here but this is crazy. Im with the lemur & Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. this is not the time where people should be at each others throats. The AMMFAB built car IMO was blown way out of proportion, who gives 2 shakes of a stick what the owners attitude was like? He play a role, however large or small, in the most powerful factory sleeved GM 4-cylinder ever, as far as we know. Say what you want about him not putting his hands on the actual build but it doesn't not change the fact that without the funding it would have never happened & even when you are just throwing money @ something it takes a certain level of dedication to wait it out & stick with it. Adam's car is amazing too I find it funny that in the locked thread some of the same people who are giving Bill a hard time about this used this same car to reference why the AMMFAB car was inferior for this reason or another.

So this is what im gathering...BlueBoost's car was not good enough because he didn't build it, his attitude didn't please some of us, he didn't spend enough in additional parts(sleeves) & he's selling it. Adam's car isn't satisfactory because of his dad owning a performance company and shop & he (or rather the company) spent too much on parts...

Does anyone besides me see the double standard in this situation? I would love to have seen the Hahn car done on the stock PCM & the addition of a Port Fueler @ the most, rather than an EFI because Bill, as well as Hahn as a company is always advertising how wonderful the PortFueler works but still who cares. The car made the power, the times & is capable of being driven more than just on the track. Both of these cars deserve praise. Lets shake each others hands & walk away

There was a statement earlier about Bill choosing an easier platform because he failed @ the LN2 & LD9, realistically?...There is no easy platform in the GM word besides the SBC & LSx platform, hell even the LTx is an outcast in the grand picture of it all. If he wanted easy im sure he could go build Honda's like all the other companies that offer little to no support to our community. Yes the Ecotec is an easier platform but thats just due to the fact that the motor wasn't designed before alot of us were born. Its called engineering & development. Tuning was more mainstream during the implementation of the Ecotec so now i guess we should all blame GM & be mad at the natural progression of the automotive industry. Also like Blwn LD9 wrote this is an incorrect statement still because we didn't support the development of the products.

Bill is NO GOD by any means & please don't take this post as me defending his every move or word but Ive been a member of JBO for 5 years now & been snooping around as a guest for about 7 & it seems that some of us who are pointing the know-it-all/god finger are victims of the same complex. I kno i will probably get flamed for this but idc & more than likely wont even take the time to reply to it & im done...

It beats a Honda!
Monday, March 28, 2011 7:49 PM
I gotta say that this is typical Bill Hahn Jr.
Replies to what he wants and ignores what he has no reply for. He still hasnt replied to Ryans LNF challenge. Is it because you KNOW you will get your ass handed to you? Sticking to your challenge of your stricktly track Sunfire VS his show Cavalier is like you challenging me with my car. Its apples and oranges.
Answer his LNF challenge and you will gain some respect. Until then, you are just showing your true colours.

Monday, March 28, 2011 7:57 PM
As one of the LNF's that will be representing Ryan, I'll gladly accept this. Seeing as Hahn went 12.9 with drag radials and a tune, I have personally driven my car, on street tires, stock turbo and all, to a 12.799. My car trapped 112 with Ryan's tune. My last outting, before the track closed, netted in 115mph traps. This was on 20* of timing. With Ryan's new tune, I'm probably up 30whp and I'm more than happy to show up on my track wheels and tires to run Hahn's LNF. So, this will be the Apples vs. Apples run, are you interested?

Sponsored by P&P Tuning

Monday, March 28, 2011 8:14 PM
Anybody wanna race my work truck? It's the cavalier in my sig. Only catch is it's fastest to 60 cuz above that and my old drivers side wheel bearing starts to act up. So any takers?

Crybabies the whole lot of you. Honestly had alot more respect for some of u guys before this. And no I'm not just talking about bill.

Monday, March 28, 2011 9:00 PM
Ok to clarifiy my first post, no where did I say welding your diff doesnt make it streetable. I was simply giving my opinion on how I would never do it with a street car so dont get your panies in a bunch. And since this is a public forum that I've been a part of for a very long time, I feel I can voice my opinion the same as you since you decided you felt the need to bring it up I added my 2cents take it as you may which its been shown you only read whatever you wanted to. So then now on to your response of how my car is lacking hp mph and et, well yep that would be correct, but from what your responses have been my car was only 30hp down from what yours was making for your passes. Your response to how my car isnt making enough power to break the diff makes me wonder at what hp did you weld the diff? I'm on a obx lsd did you know that? I'm on 24.5" tires did you know that? did you know the 26s put extra strain on the drivetrain and maybe thats what causing the problems and not the hp? how much tq does your car make? You say how far behind I am but hey its no worry to me I'm young and doing everything to my car myself aside from tuing. Trust me I have no doubt in my mind I will surpass your current records as my orange has changed to an apple. Let the record show my car made 551whp 474wtq @25psi on a dyno jet @100degree cell temp and best pass to date was 11.4 @135 (not 136 even though my simple math skills show if its greater than .5 you can round up) car wieght was 2750lbs minus, manual boost controller set at 25psi in all gears that yeild exesive tire spin in 2nd gear with 24.5" slicks.I'll add too that my car picks up 38mph on the top end because my short times sucked to your 30mph on the top end. facts set right. just wanted to get you on the same page. oh and I'm not scared to run you either, I enjoy racing which I did with the old car rather much even though you said otherwise and raced importfaceoff series as well in the sfwd class....I think that covers it.. if not I dont care I just put in a long day doin work son

ps I'm not using spell check so if I spell something wrong, you can shove it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, March 28, 2011 9:27 PM

Buy my stuff!!! CLICK

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Monday, March 28, 2011 9:06 PM
i wanna see the race, lnf for lnf, and fetter vs the sunfire, we all know fetter and ryan take it, look at what they've done, its ungodly
they are leaps and bounds ahead without the "40 years of proving themselves"
i had plans to go with a hahn set up (with the money) when i had my fire and when i read this i'm glad i didn't

i won't say 10 seconds isn't impressive, god knows mine never came close, but what these guys can do makes the ryans new hack nickname ring true

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 2:52 AM
Boosted2point4 wrote:Ok to clarifiy my first post, no where did I say welding your diff doesnt make it streetable. I was simply giving my opinion on how I would never do it with a street car so dont get your panies in a bunch. And since this is a public forum that I've been a part of for a very long time, I feel I can voice my opinion the same as you since you decided you felt the need to bring it up I added my 2cents take it as you may which its been shown you only read whatever you wanted to. So then now on to your response of how my car is lacking hp mph and et, well yep that would be correct, but from what your responses have been my car was only 30hp down from what yours was making for your passes. Your response to how my car isnt making enough power to break the diff makes me wonder at what hp did you weld the diff? I'm on a obx lsd did you know that? I'm on 24.5" tires did you know that? did you know the 26s put extra strain on the drivetrain and maybe thats what causing the problems and not the hp? how much tq does your car make? You say how far behind I am but hey its no worry to me I'm young and doing everything to my car myself aside from tuing. Trust me I have no doubt in my mind I will surpass your current records as my orange has changed to an apple. Let the record show my car made 551whp 474wtq @25psi on a dyno jet @100degree cell temp and best pass to date was 11.4 @135 (not 136 even though my simple math skills show if its greater than .5 you can round up) car wieght was 2750lbs minus, manual boost controller set at 25psi in all gears that yeild exesive tire spin in 2nd gear with 24.5" slicks.I'll add too that my car picks up 38mph on the top end because my short times sucked to your 30mph on the top end. facts set right. just wanted to get you on the same page. oh and I'm not scared to run you either, I enjoy racing which I did with the old car rather much even though you said otherwise and raced importfaceoff series as well in the sfwd class....I think that covers it.. if not I dont care I just put in a long day doin work son

ps I'm not using spell check so if I spell something wrong, you can shove it.

Oh sh1t. Now that was entertaining to read.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search