Just got boost! - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Just got boost!
Thursday, April 19, 2012 6:02 AM
I made a thread in the general section yesterday about a car and I got it. Its a 03 cavalier with a m62 and it also has a heat exchanger, also it had comp stage 2 cams, header and full exhaust. It is a super quick car! I have a couple questions though. I dont think the car is tuned at all, the idle jumps around a little and the rear bumper has black soot on it like its running to rich. Will a gm reflash help things? I dont know alot about tuning but I know alot use hptuners..is there anyone on here that tunes cars like mine? Of course I would pay them. I just want a goood solid tune...

Re: Just got boost!
Thursday, April 19, 2012 6:37 AM
Im sure the GM reflash was put on the car when the S/C was added(because its drivable). Only way to tell is have someone look at your PCM with HPtuners and at the same time give you a better tune. Thats the problem sometimes when buying an already modded car, ya never know what ya gonna get. Check your spark plugs to see the condition of them, research to get new ones since your idle is jumping around. Start there, then get HPTuners on there.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, April 19, 2012 8:30 AM
Put a wideband on there and see what ARFs you have. In my opinion, anyone with a decently modified engine should have a wideband especially with forced induction. A boost gauge would be good too so you know when you're actually in boost and would want a rich AFR.

12.6 @ 114.6 MPH

Thursday, April 19, 2012 9:05 AM
the car has a boost gauge and it runs about 11 to 12 pounds.. im going to swap the plugs and see what happens, but im pretty sure a tune is whats going to fix it cause the bumper is black where the muffler is..
Thursday, April 19, 2012 4:41 PM
i have been searching but cant find a straight anwser but im sure its been covered 10000000 times. what should my afr's be? im going to be getting a gauge soon.
Thursday, April 19, 2012 8:25 PM
11.5wot

*****BLAME IT ON THE ALCOHOL*****
Thursday, April 19, 2012 9:13 PM
Even with my mp62 setup I had on the car I got soot on the bumper I'd worry less about that and figureout if it's been hpt tuned or what the afr's are.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 11:16 PM
im still running nothing sub 10.0 at WOT, but everything else is good. A/F at idle 14.7-15.1, cruising is hard to say but its not lean or rich, sits in the middle (using AEM UEGO Wideband).

wideband + boost gauge at minimum, then just have a shop dynotune it...they'll prob squeeze a lot more power out of it too on top of just 'getting it to run right' with it boosted. N/A i wouldnt worry about dyno tuning so much.

what injectors are in it? the gmreflash i believe is set for 36lb (stage1) injectors, if youre running anything other than those you may be having major fuel problems. also is it a stock fuel pump?

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search