60# Injectors - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
60# Injectors
Wednesday, November 07, 2012 10:16 AM
I'm planning to buy a set of these. I'm just wondering if anyone has bought them before and if I will need the spacers for an 03-05 fuel rail. I can order them in EV6 plugs for plug and play with my stock harness but just wondering about the spacers? Anyone know fo sho?

"In Oldskool we trust"

Re: 60# Injectors
Wednesday, November 07, 2012 2:00 PM
please please please search the forum better

they will work, you will need adaptors for the harness, or pigtail ends to cut and splice in. the injectors are EV6 (uscar) style. our cars us delphi/multec.

this adaptor is what you would need.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, November 07, 2012 2:01 PM

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 2:32 PM
^ maybe you need to read better..

Pretty sure he is talking about the physical length. Since we have to space the stock cobalt injectors with the spacers that Jason Norwood gets. Maybe we have to do the same with these 60's
Wednesday, November 07, 2012 2:40 PM
i am running those injectors and yes you need the spacers which i am also running made by a member on here.

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 3:23 PM
Just to be clear....

Is there any drop in 60' or 42's for us??
Wednesday, November 07, 2012 3:52 PM
Philly D wrote:^ maybe you need to read better..

Pretty sure he is talking about the physical length. Since we have to space the stock cobalt injectors with the spacers that Jason Norwood gets. Maybe we have to do the same with these 60's

yup reading fail for me.....oh wells...haha we all make mistakes

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 4:48 PM
Indeed.
Wednesday, November 07, 2012 5:07 PM
EvoFire wrote:
Philly D wrote:^ maybe you need to read better..

yup reading fail for me.....oh wells...haha we all make mistakes

I'm still butt hurt Chris Anyway, thanks everyone for the info. I'm still trying to figure out what I wanna do for bigger injectors. I'm installing the racetronix pump and a 3.1 and dont wanna abuse the hell out of 42#ers. Plus id like the room for expansion. The 36#ers I have now max out before 7k.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, November 07, 2012 6:25 PM
I've got a get like that in my basment, the ones i have are direct fit, no spacers on a 03-05 rail. Might sell they at the right price. mine are flow matched tho, like 300$ new.

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 7:03 PM
with the fuel pump and 42's i doubt you'll run into fueling issues.
My injector cups for the stage2s are great quality and were only $60 including the o-rings.

what other upgrades are you thinking of doing that will really require 60s? Even on the 2.8 pulley Im on now I think the injectors and fuel pump are more than sufficient. though I do ned a retune since dropping from the 3.0.
i think a lot of ppl go with 60's to either plan for a much bigger build down the road or simply because they dont feel like upgrading the pump any time soon. otherwise that pump and stage2s can handle almost anything the M62 can throw at it...if what Ive been told over the months is correct.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Wednesday, November 07, 2012 7:15 PM
blu04DD wrote:with the fuel pump and 42's i doubt you'll run into fueling issues.
My injector cups for the stage2s are great quality and were only $60 including the o-rings.

what other upgrades are you thinking of doing that will really require 60s? Even on the 2.8 pulley Im on now I think the injectors and fuel pump are more than sufficient. though I do ned a retune since dropping from the 3.0.
i think a lot of ppl go with 60's to either plan for a much bigger build down the road or simply because they dont feel like upgrading the pump any time soon. otherwise that pump and stage2s can handle almost anything the M62 can throw at it...if what Ive been told over the months is correct.

You're probably right. I'm going on what my tuner told me previously(Oldskool). I need to have another chat with him, but from what I understood it sounded like 42s even with the pump would be a pretty high injector constant. I'm just not wanting to drive around knowing that I'm on the edge. It's kind of like when I bought 32 gigs of ram for PC rather than 16. I know I don't need it, but it's nice to know I have it if I do. All that said this is exactly why I'm asking the questions I am. If it's not worth it to me I'll still go with the 42#ers, just wondering if those pieces from ZZP were just as easy to install. Seems like all I'd have to do is some minor wiring at this point.

"In Oldskool we trust"

Thursday, November 08, 2012 5:10 AM
I have put those same injectors on a 03+ with no spacers and no issues.

I have never used spacers on SS/SC injectors either with no issues. Still puzzles me how people have issues.

FU Tuning

Thursday, November 08, 2012 6:23 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:I have put those same injectors on a 03+ with no spacers and no issues.

I have never used spacers on SS/SC injectors either with no issues. Still puzzles me how people have issues.

You had an 04 fuel rail? I find it rediculous that GM would put out different versions of a fuel rail for the same year platform if thats the case. All the 04's Ive seen had the indentical fail and would require spacers.

Thursday, November 08, 2012 12:31 PM
Mines a 05 and like I said, no spacers here

Thursday, November 08, 2012 12:40 PM
I thought I remember reading somewhere (have to find the link) that the 04's specifically were different...I dont like not having a place to tap the fuel rail for a fuel pressure gauge..i noticed the LSJ fuel rail sitting in my garage has a removable end where I could easily put one on. Right now I have to use the schrader valve if i want fuel pressure readings.

But the injector cups do the job well...I know both the 36lb (stage1) and 42lb (stage2)'s are identical as far as fitment, and both are fat and short compared to my stock L61 injectors, long and skinny.

Thursday, November 08, 2012 12:44 PM
03-05 rails are all the same.

The 02 eco rail is different and ugly but the cobalt injectors work without spacers.
Thursday, November 08, 2012 2:03 PM
I think all my problems have just been solved. My old man has 8 bosch green top 42#ers sitting at home. Giggity. Just to be sure, those WILL need the cup spacers correct? Anyone know where I can pick up 4 of those?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, November 08, 2012 2:29 PM
Im pretty sure they will need cups.

If someone can confirm.

If you need the cups contact Jason Norwood on here.
Thursday, November 08, 2012 5:29 PM
slowcav01 i think is Jason Norwoods screen name.
It wasnt bad, unless he changed his price I think it was about $60 shipped. Good quality and I got them quick. It'll include the orings and they are a perfect fit.
Ive removed mine many many times and they're still holding up well.

Hey maybe I will need those other 4 stage2's your old man has if its determined one of mine are bad

Thursday, November 08, 2012 7:07 PM
blu04DD wrote:I thought I remember reading somewhere (have to find the link) that the 04's specifically were different...I dont like not having a place to tap the fuel rail for a fuel pressure gauge..i noticed the LSJ fuel rail sitting in my garage has a removable end where I could easily put one on. Right now I have to use the schrader valve if i want fuel pressure readings.

But the injector cups do the job well...I know both the 36lb (stage1) and 42lb (stage2)'s are identical as far as fitment, and both are fat and short compared to my stock L61 injectors, long and skinny.

what ya mean ? i've got a fuel pressure gauge on both my 05 rail and the 02 rail no problem

Friday, November 09, 2012 11:41 AM
blu04DD wrote:Hey maybe I will need those other 4 stage2's your old man has if its determined one of mine are bad

I'll be in touch

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, November 09, 2012 11:41 AM

"In Oldskool we trust"

Friday, November 09, 2012 7:58 PM
Gary Frank wrote: what ya mean ? i've got a fuel pressure gauge on both my 05 rail and the 02 rail no problem

You have an 05 and an 02, not an 04. All Im saying is my STOCK 04 fuel rail that is 100% stock never molested, does absolutely not fit stage 1 or 2 cobalt injectors without spacers. Maybe I have a super special awesome edition fuel rail from GM..lol

Saturday, November 10, 2012 5:42 PM
i never said the injectors would or would not fit your rail without spacers....pretty much what i said is your an idiot if you can't fit a fuel pressure gauge on the rail lol

Saturday, November 10, 2012 8:34 PM
I have the multec injectors so yes mine required spacers...didnt realize the ev6 were the longer ones. I thought he was talking about the stock stage2 LSJ injectors.
as far as the fuel rail, not having a place to simply bolt in a FPG is inconvenient. what i typed was i dont like not having a place to tap, but i meant bolt on. so that came out wrong

Sunday, November 11, 2012 5:33 AM
Racetronix + 60s will handle anything you can get out of an M62. Y3llowCav's stock 36lb/hr injectors were maxed out at a 7k rpm redline. I mean like 110% duty cycle and rising AFR (with commanded at 11.5:1).

Racetronix + 42s should safely get you in the 3.1" pulley range, maybe with some headroom. I'm one of those guys who doesn't like/believe in running injectors at or above 100% IDC though FWIW.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search