PARTS LIST FOR A CUSTOM TURBO KIT - Page 3 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: PARTS LIST FOR A CUSTOM TURBO KIT
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 11:00 AM
Hey guys, can some one point me in the right direction? I am wanting to reaserch about 2.2 Eco tech and turbos... I have looked every where but seem to come to the same dead ends. A lil stear in the right direction would be really nice... thanks

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 1:33 PM
B Garay wrote:Hey guys, can some one point me in the right direction? I am wanting to reaserch about 2.2 Eco tech and turbos... I have looked every where but seem to come to the same dead ends. A lil stear in the right direction would be really nice... thanks

If you want you can contact me privately and I can help you as much as I can.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, March 18, 2006 12:15 PM
B Garay wrote:Hey guys, can some one point me in the right direction? I am wanting to reaserch about 2.2 Eco tech and turbos... I have looked every where but seem to come to the same dead ends. A lil stear in the right direction would be really nice... thanks

http://www.hahnracecraft.com

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Friday, March 24, 2006 7:31 PM
Hypsy and Hahn Racecraft are great sources... I know Brandson knows his stuff about the eco too. PJ also, I believe.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Thursday, April 20, 2006 1:16 PM
Hello Iv been checking out forums for a while. looking at the turbo set ups for a while. I do have one question what is the importance of the TB Plenum? I did search but came up empty handed. Could someone help out?
Thursday, April 20, 2006 4:38 PM
I am finally about to get this turbo deal underway onmy car, but i was wondering how you guys may feel about those setups i have seen that do not require a special exhaust manifold. I'm talking about the systems that have the turbos set under the car in the exhaust stream. That seems like it could make it a little cheaper for some of these guys that are just looking to put a basic turbo on their cars.
Any thoughts . . . .
Thursday, April 20, 2006 4:40 PM
also, if you have the fmu, you dont need a reflas for your computer,right?
Thursday, April 20, 2006 7:28 PM
From what I gathered you don't need the reflash it just makes it easier because the ecu will be able to read the boost. As far as the down stream turbo there will be a large amount of lag. someone please correct me if im wrong.
Monday, April 24, 2006 5:58 PM
HAS ANYONE BOUGHT A TURBO KIT FROM ;;;;; MAXIMUMBOOST.NET ?????????????????? AND IF SO HOW IS IT ANY
BAD OR GOOD EXPERIENCE??

XplicitZ24
Sunday, April 30, 2006 6:55 PM
^^^please, not in a sticky
Wednesday, July 05, 2006 7:57 AM
if I use a SDS, do I need a FPR?

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 7:02 PM
C'est un plus!, tu vas pouvoir utiliser plein potentiel de tes injecteurs

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 4:02 PM
^^
It helps, you will be able to use more of your injectors potential.

Just translating for the non-french.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 7:01 PM
Thank you so much for this list. I am going to be boosting my 2200sfi and was looking for what I need...does it matter that I have a atuomatic?
Monday, March 26, 2007 1:05 PM
just a quick ? ... i have a sunbird i want to turbo, its going to be converted to MPFI.. i want to run more like.. 10-18 PSI.. depending.. 18 for race, and 10 for street.. but how would i get better injectors for it? i dont think anywhere makes them... and also.. how would i hook up my wastegate? (external) thanks

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"
HELP WITH TURBO
Friday, April 20, 2007 4:01 PM
I HAVE SOME QUESTIOS AND HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME.

I HAVE AN 2.4 L ENGINE

AND I WANT TO TURBO CHARGE IT ABOUT 12 PSI MAX

WHAT SIZE OF FUEL INJECTORS AND SPARK PLUGS CAN WORK IT OR YOU RECOMEND?

CAN I INCREASE THE FUEL IN THE SYSTEM WITH OUT CHANGING THE FUEL PUMP AND THE FUEL REGULATOR, (IN OTHER PLACE I READ ABOUT IT, THEY INSTAL 2 INJECTORS PLUS TO THE AIR PIPE JUST BEFORE THE TROTLE BODY.

WHERE DOES I CAN GET A DIAGRAM OR INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTAL ALL THE INTERCOOLER AND TURBO PIPING FOR A SUNFIRE 2.4 L 16 V?

WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM BOOST I CAN USE WITH THE STOCK FUEL SISTEM?

APROX HOW MANY HP'S DOES I GET WITH A TO3 TURBO AT 12 PSI, WITH AN INTERCOOLER AND ALL THE APROPIATE MODIFICATIONS?

DOES I CAN HAVE PROBLEMS IF I DON'T USE THE MSD DIS II MODULE?
Re: HELP WITH TURBO
Wednesday, August 01, 2007 8:49 PM
i live in alaska.. woot.. shop rates are unbelievable.. welders @ 200+/hr ... would jtuners be the right way to go for the ld9??? .. ive been looking around for all the parts.. but shipping is 50 plus on every item... so i think i'll spend the extra 500 bucks and get the kit?

"Z24 Dustbunny"
Wednesday, January 02, 2008 6:12 PM
Distinct Demensionz wrote:He for the most part has this all right although there is a few minor modifications:

The GENERAL list for a turbo'd J is this:

Turbo (generally a T3 or T3/T4 will do)
Wastegate (Internal or external)
Manifold
Turbo downpipe Flange
Bolts for turbo and downpipe flange
Downpipe
Braided oil lines with fittings
2.5" Pipe for charge pipes
Connectors and clamps for pipes
BOV and flange (Again DSM would be cheap ~$50, will hold 19psi with the top crushed)
FMU (I'd go cartech adjustable personally) go with an SAFC 2
Bigger Injectors Bigger Injectors (DSM450's would be an excellent idea)
Inline/In tank pump
Boost controller (I'd go Greddy Profec)
MSD-DIS 2this should read MSD BTM
TB Plenum
Lots of misc vaccum hose
Rubber Fuel lines for FPR
Oil and oil filter (for the obvious reason)
Gaskets
Gasket sealer
Air filter
Intercooler (optional, but worth it)
Some spare metal brackets for custom mounting the Intercooler
Misc bolts (self tapping), and Nut/bolt combos
Gauge pod
Boost Gauge, EGT gauge (optional but smart to have one)
(If you have a profec boost controller the boost gauge is unnecessary as its built in)

Tools:
A good toolset capable of taking the manifold off
Knife for mild cutting
Sawzall if you plan to cut your own charge pipes
File (in case you need to cut anything and don't want a sharp edge)
Dremel tool (You never know when you need to make room for things, although a good blade and a file will do the same job, but slower)
Drill (To mount your I/C and tap your firewall bolts)
Wire cutters/splicers
Oil Catch Pan

4-5 cases of beer, a weeks worth of time, and a lot of willing and capable friends.

Hope my insight on this helps you all out. Mines turbo'd and ready to go!!! later all.

Just a quick question about the SAFC 2, ive read that alot of people hate them on our JBodies, has anyone actually used one and seen better results? Ive actually seen one guy say it was the best Mod that he took off of his car. Any help is appreciated.
Tuesday, April 01, 2008 8:53 PM
?????? msd is not the best choice for that, all they do i change a number that is already Varible. stand alone control for timing, i have back luck with msd products beside wires and coils. but for fuel port fuel if u plan on running the stock ecu. or u could use an invarion kit. but have a port fuel with 8 injectors and 1+2=3 setup is very nice. Dont forget chinese turbos have bad quality controll when there made. Alot of times they dont have enought oil feed and burn up at high boost, buy a garret or hks ... along those lines
Sunday, April 20, 2008 1:58 PM
*zips up flame suite*

Just a quick comment on the down stream turbo systems. I have constantly been reading up on turbo's systems this and that and the remote mount of a turbo has always peaked my curiosity. As far as lag issues with a remote mount I have not heard of that being a problem for people who use the systems, you just have to use a different size turbo vs what would normally go up front, due to the loss of thermal expansion. I dont have the link on hand but I think it was on a f-body forum page a guy custom built a remote turbo system and for all intents and purposes the system works great for him. The only real downside to these setups is the oil lines, not only do you have to run them to the rear of our vehicle but you have to pump it back front. Uhm thats really all I have to add lol if anyone has some questions you can PM or email my yahoo account I am by no MEANS an expert on these systems but I did a lot of reading on them and price and simplicity they are not bad idea!
Thursday, June 05, 2008 9:13 PM
question what about check valves? i know in my pt cruiser gt factory turbo car it has lots of check valves becuase there are areas that the car cant see boost. how do you guys solve this problem when turbing a n/a car?

thanks.

~1996 Cavalier LS 2.4L (auto)

Sunday, April 12, 2009 9:54 AM
were can i find a exhaust manifold for the 2005 1sv i have been looking every were for one and have been having bbad luck
Monday, June 15, 2009 8:37 AM
Thanks for the info and doin the research, i plan to do the turbo set up on my 2.2 this summer with a 14b. Shes my dd so im only gonna run 6-8 lbs. I already got the manifold and the font mount intercooler, just waiting on money to buy the rest and get started.
Tuesday, August 04, 2009 3:46 PM
I'm new on the page looking for some info on turbo kits for 99' z24. I'm making mine turbo to a 7-8lbs of boost to run on a stock motor. My plans are the same as in the list but going to use an APEX full control, bigger injectors, and a bigger radiator since I'm from Puerto Rico and it's always hot. Is it a must to put an MSD for that kind of boost? and what's an FMU? And I read something about a kit in progress for the 2.4L, is it ready yet and where can I see some fotos cause I couldn't upload the ones given in the article?
Sunday, September 06, 2009 1:24 AM
He for the most part has this all right although there is a few minor modifications:

The GENERAL list for a turbo'd J is this:

Turbo (generally a T3 or T3/T4 will do) garret is the smart choice
Wastegate (Internal or external) external is way better
Manifold
Turbo downpipe Flange
Bolts for turbo and downpipe flange
Downpipe
Braided oil lines with fittings (id recomend russell fittings)
2.5" Pipe for charge pipes
Connectors and clamps for pipes
BOV and flange (Again DSM would be cheap ~$50, will hold 19psi with the top crushed) turbo xs $150 worth it
FMU (I'd go cartech adjustable personally) go with an SAFC 2 - SAFC 2 has been discontinued cartech is $250
Bigger Injectors Bigger Injectors (DSM450's would be an excellent idea)
Inline/In tank pump
Boost controller (I'd go Greddy Profec) profec is $450 - turbo xs $70
MSD-DIS 2this should read MSD BTM - dis 2 is $650 the btm (boost timing master) is $ 250 and will work fine
TB Plenum not nesesary
Lots of misc vaccum hose
Rubber Fuel lines for FPR aftermarket ajustable to replace the factory
Oil and oil filter (for the obvious reason) 15 40 is what id recomend for oil turbo's break oil down faster
Gaskets stay away from fel pro
Gasket sealer - copper tec
Air filter - K&N
Intercooler (optional, but worth it) should be used regardless
Some spare metal brackets for custom mounting the Intercooler
Misc bolts (self tapping), and Nut/bolt combos
Gauge pod
Boost Gauge, EGT gauge (optional but smart to have one) , oil press, wideband afr
](If you have a profec boost controller the boost gauge is unnecessary as its built in)
if an engine is runing to lean carbon will build up on the head of the piston and when its built up enough the top of the piston will start hitting your head
turbo timer so u dont cook your oil and to prevent premature failure
ln2 & 2200 slimer fan and fan should be upgraded to higher rated cfm

Tools:
A good toolset capable of taking the manifold off
Knife for mild cutting
Sawzall if you plan to cut your own charge pipes
File (in case you need to cut anything and don't want a sharp edge)
Dremel tool (You never know when you need to make room for things, although a good blade and a file will do the same job, but slower)
Drill (To mount your I/C and tap your firewall bolts)
Wire cutters/splicers
Oil Catch Pan

4-5 cases of beer, a weeks worth of time, and a lot of willing and capable friends.

Hope my insight on this helps you all out. Mines turbo'd and ready to go!!! later all

also not everything that comes from japan is complete crap.
it cost's a 1/4 of what it does here to manufacture products thats why there so cheap
if u start with an ebay kit for like $1000 itl get you goin - minus gauges, fmu, ignition, injectors & fuel pump
then slowly start replaceing parts. the kits arent that bad they do work if u go with ebay though make sure its an external wastegate and upgrade all the oil lines and fittings goin to the oil pan
the ebay cast manifolds are good the welded steel ones crack
alot of the times your paying for the name on the equipment

to turbo a car properly for as cheap as freakin posible that will last more than a few mounths will cost 1500 bucks and up and thats if u go ebay or cheaper

if it start the next day it can be driven harder
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search