Remote mount turbo (by spare tire) pics - Page 3 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Remote mount turbo (by spare tire) pics
Thursday, February 10, 2005 8:09 AM
I have my 4 turbos, thats right 4. One for each cylinder. Anyway, they are mounted in my glove box in the dash and I have my A/C redirected so it blows cold air on the turbos at all times. I use my rollcage as my intercooler effectivly lowering my air intake charge temps. My blow-off valve in mounted on top of my dash. Needless to say I dont have to wipe my dash off anymore. The wastegate is plumbed under my dash over my feet to keep them warm in these michigan winters. I am currently running 93psi and making 783 HP. I had my collage professor design this sytem and it is the most efficiant at 430%. This turbo set-up helped him recieve the noble donkey humper award. All auto makers will be utilizing this sytem after 2009 and I will be recieving 33% off all profits made due to the fact he used my car to model this PERFECT system. MWA SEE!

Thursday, February 10, 2005 10:57 AM
hahahahahaha^

Vice President - NEJBody
2007 Cobalt SS
2001 Sunfire (retired)
Thursday, February 10, 2005 12:04 PM
Tim Miklos wrote:I have my 4 turbos, thats right 4. One for each cylinder. Anyway, they are mounted in my glove box in the dash and I have my A/C redirected so it blows cold air on the turbos at all times. I use my rollcage as my intercooler effectivly lowering my air intake charge temps. My blow-off valve in mounted on top of my dash. Needless to say I dont have to wipe my dash off anymore. The wastegate is plumbed under my dash over my feet to keep them warm in these michigan winters. I am currently running 93psi and making 783 HP. I had my collage professor design this sytem and it is the most efficiant at 430%. This turbo set-up helped him recieve the noble donkey humper award. All auto makers will be utilizing this sytem after 2009 and I will be recieving 33% off all profits made due to the fact he used my car to model this PERFECT system. MWA SEE!

wow.. a little overboard?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, February 10, 2005 1:42 PM
Tim Miklos wrote:I have my 4 turbos, thats right 4. One for each cylinder. Anyway, they are mounted in my glove box in the dash and I have my A/C redirected so it blows cold air on the turbos at all times. I use my rollcage as my intercooler effectivly lowering my air intake charge temps. My blow-off valve in mounted on top of my dash. Needless to say I dont have to wipe my dash off anymore. The wastegate is plumbed under my dash over my feet to keep them warm in these michigan winters. I am currently running 93psi and making 783 HP. I had my collage professor design this sytem and it is the most efficiant at 430%. This turbo set-up helped him recieve the noble donkey humper award. All auto makers will be utilizing this sytem after 2009 and I will be recieving 33% off all profits made due to the fact he used my car to model this PERFECT system. MWA SEE!

Keep on going to Collage.

The test I was talking about was on an LS1 camero.

^^Home made sig^^ ghetto, I know. http://members.cardomain.com/blackoutfire
Thursday, February 10, 2005 1:54 PM
And we now have another idiot posting on the .org. Thanks Tim, i now know to never pay attention to anything you ever say again. I hate the remote mount turbo idea. But i know for a fact they work. I live in Utah where these kits are made, needless to say I have dyno'd quite a few of them. I've never seen 100 hp from just 5 lbs. of boost, but that's not all that far off.
Saturday, April 30, 2005 9:35 AM
sorry to bring this thread back from the grave, but ive got a buddy of mine who rigged a system like this up in an integra LS and it worked pretty good (i rode with him a couple of times before he blew it up at the track (his own fault)). there really wasnt that much lag at all i thought it was a good idea. i had never heard of it before he tried it (granted he said he was the 1st to acually get the system to work, he even said STS wanted him to come up to there shop so they could analyze his kit, needless to say ) ive been researching the kit thinking of building on for my ecotec, but i will be using some kind of intercooler, because where do the charge pipes run beside, THE EXHAUST which is pretty warm.

Saturday, April 30, 2005 4:49 PM
not a good plan.. think of puddles... and seriously.. if this was a better way of doing a turbo, dont you think more people would rig up systems like this??

Memeber since 4/2002
Premium since 1/2005
Garret t3 turbo charger for sale.. $75 plus shipping
jeep wrangler hard top for sale.. 97-up.. rear defroster and smoked glass..
$900 or best offer.. e-mail for more info
Saturday, April 30, 2005 8:03 PM
I think this is a great idea, but my biggest concern would be getting oil to the turbo. (still unsure how to do that efficiently). and i would definetly build some type of enclosure around the turbo to keep it from getting wet.

i don't think i'd be too worried about the heat from the exhaust getting the charge pipes hot, because by the time this thing is at boost the airflow under the car should cool it. just my $.02

Saturday, April 30, 2005 9:37 PM
sts also has their exhaust piping covered in something (can't remember what its called) that keeps hot air in the pipes better.

i think this would be great for people looking for a cheaper kit.

the oil problem would be covered by another inline oil pump. also the lines running under the car will help with cooling oil (no need for an aftermarket oil cooler).

keeping it out of water would be tough.

the pro's and cons are there..its up to you if you want to do it.

Sunday, May 01, 2005 7:46 PM
yah I saw the testing on some tuner show before school one day on that LS1, it made like 430 hp or something on 5 or 6 psi, they really talked it up on the show, saying the turbo should last longer and stuff, according to the actual dyno sheets that they showed, it made more HP, quicker than the n/a engine, and simply bolted in place of the factory muffler.

looked like a very simple install, and had some really good numbers to back it up.
not sure if anyone else saw that but the air filter was on the driver side (where the exhaust used to be) and the exhaust was single on the passenger side.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Sunday, May 01, 2005 8:18 PM
Definitely different!

Might be a stupid idea, but if you are going to do all that plumbing, why not just plumb the air intake inside the back quarter panel of the car or inside the trunk?

As for oil why not have an oil tank in the back with its own electric oil pump, filter and lines.

Sunday, May 01, 2005 8:47 PM
this kit has become very popular on LS1's as of lately. People, this is not a cheap kit either, 5 grand from sts for an Ls1 (may be cheaper for a jbody but i doubt it). It has been proven to work and work well. I however suggest it on a car u don't drive everyday, many people have had the hydrolock problem. The turbo does not hang low, i have seen it in person. its actually pretty sweet. I used to bash this kit till i heard / saw it infront of me. some examples of numbers:

505whp 580 torque on 8.5 psi. stock numbers 323 whp 325 torque Now of course this is on an ls1, but i am just trying to prove its worth. I am quite sure it can be made for so much cheaper if u just piece it together urself. Might be worth it for me car

http://www.cardomain.com/id/StylezTA
Sunday, May 01, 2005 8:57 PM
97blkZ24 wrote:this kit has become very popular on LS1's as of lately. People, this is not a cheap kit either, 5 grand from sts for an Ls1 (may be cheaper for a jbody but i doubt it). It has been proven to work and work well. I however suggest it on a car u don't drive everyday, many people have had the hydrolock problem. The turbo does not hang low, i have seen it in person. its actually pretty sweet. I used to bash this kit till i heard / saw it infront of me. some examples of numbers:

505whp 580 torque on 8.5 psi. stock numbers 323 whp 325 torque Now of course this is on an ls1, but i am just trying to prove its worth. I am quite sure it can be made for so much cheaper if u just piece it together urself. Might be worth it for me car

i wonder what $5000 worth of a real turbo kit would do

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Sunday, May 01, 2005 9:56 PM
let this post die already. Untill someone on this org tries this...and posts a review...its a waste of time
Sunday, May 01, 2005 10:42 PM
^^^^At least we know people are using the search button.

Cardomain|Myspace

Sunday, May 01, 2005 11:44 PM
This really isn't anything new.

1998 Cavalier Z24
Monday, May 02, 2005 2:07 PM
Crazy Dude wrote:let this post die already. Untill someone on this org tries this...and posts a review...its a waste of time

i am about to try it, im going to use a mitsu 14b turbo for spool up and saftey reasons. the 14b has some coolant lines goining to it on an eclipse so i might try to mount the turbo closer to the engine instead of in the back so i can try to run the coolant lines to it to keep the turbo cooler, if not @!#$ it. but im def. going to try it. i hope to have it done by the end of june, if not sooner. im waiting because the closest dyno to where im at is down for the time and wanting to dyno before and after. i do have one question though. do you guys think i would be good with just a FMU for fuel mod. im goinig to run the full 14psi which is not that much on that turbo, and by the time it gets to the motor it will be a little less than that. oh and it is an ecotec motor.

Monday, May 02, 2005 2:08 PM
LGO my eggo (Josh Roberts) wrote:^^^^At least we know people are using the search button.

i actually wasnt looking for this when i searched.

Thursday, May 05, 2005 7:31 PM
update: i picked up my turbo today (td05h), intercooler, and bov. now i just have to get my pipes made, some oil lines and pump, and some sort of fuel mods. im not goin to wait on the dyno, so im just goin to use track times to tell the differance. im goin to go to the track next thursday to get my n/a times (header, intake, and high flow muffler) oh and its an automatic LS 4dr so dont make fun of times .

Friday, May 06, 2005 8:57 AM
those pictures in the original are actually froma Z24 running hte remote system
link here
http://khturbo.net/rmtz24/RMTZ24.html
he now has a stock 3.4L and is running 12's witht he remote setup... Now say it doesn't work!

Custom is the only way!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search