brown top injectors - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
brown top injectors
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 5:59 PM
ok so i posted in this the performance forum but no one responded... so i figured i would post it here...

ok.. i hear alot about brown top injectors and i am no very well versed in where to get these... soo

does anyone have part #'s, or know where i can find a set of these?? (ie what cars they came in, what years).. thanks alot all

Memeber since 4/2002
Premium since 1/2005
jeep wrangler hard top for sale.. 97-up.. rear defroster and smoked glass.. $1000 or best offer.. e-mail for more info

Re: brown top injectors
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 6:26 PM
ebay you can find them there all the time

just type in brown tops

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 7:25 PM
yea but will any do or do i need to be more specific?

Memeber since 4/2002
Premium since 1/2005
jeep wrangler hard top for sale.. 97-up.. rear defroster and smoked glass.. $1000 or best offer.. e-mail for more info
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:13 PM
i get good results with searching "35 injectors" comes up with most results then try "ford svo injectors" and then replace "svo" with "Xr4Ti" and then "brown tops" see what you get

they came on 86- 90ish Mustang SVO's Merkur Xr4Ti's and Tunderbird Turbocupes (sp)
and the motor was a 2.3 L tubocharged 4 banger, injectors were 35 lbs per hour.....

i think that should do it

'99 2200 LS CX1 Sport
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 2:27 PM
and those will match up to my fuel rail and work with the electricl system perfectly (or perfectly with an fmu, fpr, and safc)???

Memeber since 4/2002
Premium since 1/2005
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 5:28 PM
Brown tops are low impedance, you need high impedance.

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 5:52 PM
Raptor wrote:Brown tops are low impedance, you need high impedance.

You can use low impedance injectors in a high impedance system. You just need new clips, you can buy them from http://www.carcustoms.net

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 6:17 PM
^ I know. My answer should probably have been stated more along the lines of the following: "No, they won't work with your current electrical system perfectly," since that was specifically how he worded his question.

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -
Thursday, March 03, 2005 8:11 AM
For the high to low conversion you will need some resistors
I'm not sure what kind you need cause I'm going a different way with my MegaSquirt and a Flyback board

'99 2200 LS CX1 Sport
Thursday, March 03, 2005 2:34 PM
I just put brown tops in my 01 started right up cant stress enough get new seals my damn head looked like a fountain last night so I had the privilege of yanking them back out now I guess Ill learn to buy new seals first, P&N where did you hear you needed resistors from, not being a dick but I thought the same thing, Let me know something before I put them @!#$s back in.
Thursday, March 03, 2005 2:46 PM
Adam Malinski wrote:I just put brown tops in my 01 started right up cant stress enough get new seals my damn head looked like a fountain last night so I had the privilege of yanking them back out now I guess Ill learn to buy new seals first, P&N where did you hear you needed resistors from, not being a dick but I thought the same thing, Let me know something before I put them @!#$s back in.

Did you wire in new clips then?

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, March 03, 2005 3:02 PM
Yeah I just used the clips that came off the car ( I work at a junk yard) 89 merkur xr4ti
Friday, March 04, 2005 8:28 AM
Quote:

P&N where did you hear you needed resistors from

middle to bottom of the second page and some on the top of the third page of this post

hope this helps

'99 2200 LS CX1 Sport
Saturday, March 05, 2005 2:26 AM
Now folks, just for the record, these Brown Tops CANT be used in an L61 (Ecotec) - correct?
Saturday, March 05, 2005 7:18 AM
very ver informative post.. so if i find brown tops in a junk yard then i should try to get the clips(or wire harness??) with as much wire and then i dont need to buy them from karo???

Memeber since 4/2002
Premium since 1/2005
Saturday, March 05, 2005 1:56 PM
Yup the clips pull right off of the injectors, make sure they are brown tops, cut the plugs off leaving you at least 4 or so inches of wire just to be safe (dont know how good you are at soldering) cut your old plugs off, I soldered mine stripped wire to stripped on my harness and no problem yet that I have found If anyone dissagres thne correct me if im wrong but all in all its easy.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search