Saab Kit Users - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Saab Kit Users
Tuesday, September 02, 2008 11:09 PM
I have a few question i would liked answered if you could....

What is the difference between the B205L (low pressure),B205R (high pressure),B207L (low pressure),B207R (high pressure)
---Like Whats Low pressure and High pressure I'm Guessing different boost levels?
---And the B205L,B205R,B207L,B207R I know these are different turbos but what dose the R and L stand for?
---So be between the B205R (high pressure) and the B207R (high pressure) Why are there two (high pressure) and not just a low and high pressure say B205L (low pressure) and then they could use the B207R (high pressure) instead of having four different turbos well theres 4 different kinds on car-parts.com

As for tuning
---I have been searching on here and almost every post about tuning the saab kit people use hpt But could you use the supercharger flash from a gm supercharger kit for the 03+ j body?
---Also i been seeing talk about a FMU i know what it is and what it dose say that you can use or you do use the s/c flash a fmu and the saab injectors will this run like it came stock? FMU brands what are some good brands to look for?

So for boost
---What dose the stock 9-3 Saab run as in psi 10-12psi?
---Could the stock boost from the B207R be used on a stock 2.2 eco with out blowing up?
---Now also i read there is two manifolds one with air injection and one with out what one would be better to get? Say like i can only find one or the other

I'll Add more to this tomorrow

Re: Saab Kit Users
Wednesday, September 03, 2008 10:07 AM
all parts you need are from the B207R

if you can get your hands on a GMSC reflash for the eco, do it, its less hassle, get the right injectors dont worry about an fmu

the stock saab wastegate is around 5-6 psi, but the wastgate can be adjusted to a little more than that. ( the mitsu turbo (B207R) at least)

people run from 6-12 psi saab kits with stock engine.

you can use either manifold, gaskets can take care of the air injection one.

Thursday, September 04, 2008 12:35 AM
The B205L and R engines are ecopower engines (saab 9-5, or old body style 9-3s), totally unrelated to the ecotec. No these will not work.

L stands for luft, which means air (what I was told in saab school) Which essentially means turbo.
R stands for racing.

And B205L, B205R, B207L, B207R are all ENGINE designations. I believe the b205 only came with one turbo, just different programming and spark plugs to make it the R engine.
The B207L came with a garret turbo with a noticibly smaller compressor housing than the B207R which came with a mitsubishi turbo.

They only put air injection on 2003 ecotec engines, but if you use a exhaust manifold gasket from a 2004+ saab ecotec, it will block it off.

Thursday, September 04, 2008 7:17 AM
L means Luft ...never thought of that

saab was german......Luftwaffa---> air-weapon in german

anyway...there i learned one thing today

Thursday, September 04, 2008 10:30 AM
(Tom) S/C Fire wrote:The B205L and R engines are ecopower engines (saab 9-5, or old body style 9-3s), totally unrelated to the ecotec. No these will not work.

L stands for luft, which means air (what I was told in saab school) Which essentially means turbo.
R stands for racing.

And B205L, B205R, B207L, B207R are all ENGINE designations. I believe the b205 only came with one turbo, just different programming and spark plugs to make it the R engine.
The B207L came with a garret turbo with a noticibly smaller compressor housing than the B207R which came with a mitsubishi turbo.

They only put air injection on 2003 ecotec engines, but if you use a exhaust manifold gasket from a 2004+ saab ecotec, it will block it off.

I learned alot thanks to the OP for asking as I have had the similar questions and thanks for your informative reply.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Thursday, September 04, 2008 12:28 PM
Wade Jarvis wrote:
(Tom) S/C Fire wrote:The B205L and R engines are ecopower engines (saab 9-5, or old body style 9-3s), totally unrelated to the ecotec. No these will not work.

R stands for racing.

I learned alot thanks to the OP for asking as I have had the similar questions and thanks for your informative reply.

I have learned alot too thanks for the info later on i will be asking more that i had came up with...and thanks

Thursday, September 04, 2008 1:08 PM
Larry what are you planning?
Thursday, September 04, 2008 2:24 PM
Sorry to go off topic but I have a saab setup with a garret turbo is it a straight up swap to swap in the mitsubishi turbo?

Thursday, September 04, 2008 6:36 PM
i think the highpressure turbo that comes off of the aero or arc is 12.5psi or .85bar

http://members.cardomain.com/yellow05cavy
Thursday, September 04, 2008 9:04 PM
cavipower1 wrote:Sorry to go off topic but I have a saab setup with a garret turbo is it a straight up swap to swap in the mitsubishi turbo?

Yes, the manifold is the same for each year.

Thursday, September 04, 2008 9:05 PM
Oh and no problem guys. Any other questions post up, and I'll see if I can find you the answer.

Thursday, September 04, 2008 10:12 PM
SO_hardcore wrote:Larry what are you planning?

Nothing right now i am just reading up on stuff and asking alot of questions

Tuesday, September 09, 2008 7:17 PM
so.. im confused, your saying that the 9-3 turbo set up wont work on the 2.2 eco right?

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Tuesday, September 09, 2008 8:52 PM
JokerAKA Showoff03LS wrote:so.. im confused, your saying that the 9-3 turbo set up wont work on the 2.2 eco right?

No one said that.

Tuesday, September 09, 2008 8:54 PM
so the saab turbo will work on the 2.2? but isnt most of the saab eco's 2.0's ??

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Tuesday, September 09, 2008 9:32 PM
thats just displacement.....

Tuesday, September 09, 2008 10:18 PM
JokerAKA Showoff03LS wrote:so the saab turbo will work on the 2.2? but isnt most of the saab eco's 2.0's ??

I guess I should clarify a little bit.

2003 was a transition year for saab, the old 9-3 had the ecopower engine (2.0, and 2.3 in the viggen) Won't work on J's
The new 9-3 SPORTS SEDAN had the ecotec engine. Yes the engine is a 2.0L and yes the turbo setup will work from the 9-3ss 2003+ with the ecotec engine.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 4:20 AM
All ecotecs have the same flange on the exhaust side.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 7:34 AM
03+ Saab turbos will work .. ok, the other question is what parts will i need to do the Saab turbo on my car?

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Monday, September 07, 2009 12:12 PM
so if i were to get a turbo setup thats a b207R from a 2004 saab i dont have to worry about the air injection correct? cuz i see they are only around 250 bux for the turbo

"It's called reading! Top to bottom, left to right... a group of words together is called a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches... Midol for any cramps."
Monday, September 07, 2009 12:17 PM
wow just seen the date....nvm

"It's called reading! Top to bottom, left to right... a group of words together is called a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches... Midol for any cramps."

Monday, September 07, 2009 12:46 PM
$250 from where?

Monday, September 07, 2009 1:01 PM
from a secret source i have figured 250 for the turbo isnt bad price

Monday, September 07, 2009 1:44 PM
cody akers wrote:so if i were to get a turbo setup thats a b207R from a 2004 saab i dont have to worry about the air injection correct? cuz i see they are only around 250 bux for the turbo

even if the manifold had air injection all you have to do is get a exhaust manifold gasket for a non injection manifold part number 12786717 from saab and it will take care of that issue

Monday, September 07, 2009 7:50 PM
Also $250 is a great price for a small well built turbo. Grab it, hell get 2 of them..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search