EGR Codes - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
EGR Codes
Sunday, December 12, 2004 2:37 PM
Well I got my EGR simulator from ZZP performance and installed it on the middle green map sensor wire. I am getting two codes thrown after about 15 mins of driving. I can get the code #'s if needed but one is EGR pressure low and the other is EGR flow pressure.

Is their a setting in the sim. box for a 1 bar map sensor? I dont have the Supercharger on yet and the egr system is still intact on my 2.4 I just unplugged the harness from the EGR and bypassed to the sim like in the instructions.

Any help is appreciated!!!!!

Thanks
Justin
(Fireman)

Re: EGR Codes
Sunday, December 12, 2004 7:17 PM
did u have the prongs inside the EGR delete right? one of them might have been bent.

make sure your wires are correct too.

or rip it off like i did and clear the EGR code when i start up the car.

and there is a setting for one bar map sensor, IT needs to be on that.

<br>

Sunday, December 12, 2004 9:36 PM
I will check it out tomorrow. Thanks Jake!!!!!

PS: I have an Actron code reader so I would be willing to just delete the code. I'm just worried about emissions!!!

Justin
(Fireman)
Monday, December 13, 2004 7:46 AM
well, if u get the EGR delete thing sorta out, just hook it up b4 u go in for emmissions.

I have one, i tried to re wire it twice. My map sensor wire must have not liked being spliced into. It made my car run like poo( i thought it was running too rich/fuel pump issue). SO i ripped off the simulator, and solidered the wires back tothe way it was and it runs like stock again. I gained back so much driveability it made me smile. I can take clearing the code when i start up the car now just by the way the car performs. And even if i leave the CEL on, it dont make the car run different. Just has the cooling fans on all the time to cool the s/c .

<br>

Sunday, July 31, 2005 9:14 PM
I know its an old subject here, but I still have the EGR on my 96 and my turbo manifold doesnt have the notch for EGR so I get the EGR flow insufficient code and I dont like seeing the check engine light. Who makes a bypass for this and does it work?

Thanks
-Bob
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search