***Team GREEN LSD GP*** interest? - Page 6 - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: ***Team GREEN LSD GP*** interest?
Saturday, February 03, 2007 2:05 PM
i really need 4t40e install info before i send the money. just want to ensure it's feasible

supercharged 2.4L alero
www.cardomain.com/ride/2168613

Monday, February 05, 2007 7:44 AM
Any status yet on the 3 speed....lol....I really want one of these
Monday, February 05, 2007 8:08 AM
gangsterchicken7 wrote:Any status yet on the 3 speed....lol....I really want one of these

My apologies, i haven't had a chance yet to tear apart the 3spd in my driveway, as soon as i can, it will be shipped out. It's just a matter of almost maybe 6°F outside and thats a little cold for my likings for working outside if you catch my drift

Rob
'91 Beretta, 3400 and 5 speed swapped
14.553 @ 94.01 mph.
Monday, February 05, 2007 8:38 AM
I have a 97 cavalier with the 2.2l 4spd auto. I just took it off the road because I no longer have reverse and it won't shift into 3rd or 4th anymore. and in 1st and 2nd it slips all the time. Will the inserts fix this problem or do I need something far more then just an insert?

1/4 Mile ET 15.2579 at 89.97mph
Monday, February 05, 2007 8:42 AM
cold air sucks wrote:I have a 97 cavalier with the 2.2l 4spd auto. I just took it off the road because I no longer have reverse and it won't shift into 3rd or 4th anymore. and in 1st and 2nd it slips all the time. Will the inserts fix this problem or do I need something far more then just an insert?

No, you need a transmission.

Rob
14.553 @ 94.01 mph.
Monday, February 05, 2007 8:47 AM
Thanks for the quick reply, I figured that was wishful thinking.

1/4 Mile ET 15.2579 at 89.97mph
Monday, February 05, 2007 8:53 AM
cold air sucks wrote:Thanks for the quick reply, I figured that was wishful thinking.

What you could do though, is save up your money for a trans, but in the mean time remove the differential from the trans thats shot, install the inserts, and then install that diff into the new trans once you get it. This way you'd have a good shifting trans, With traction, or ... more so then you had before i should say...

Rob
14.553 @ 94.01 mph.
Monday, February 05, 2007 10:06 AM
Yeah I know what ur saying about the cold. Walked out to my get my drink that I left on the porch...it was out there for maybe 1/2 hr and i was starting to freeze.
Wednesday, February 07, 2007 8:46 AM
Wednesday, February 07, 2007 9:27 AM
muffin wrote:Where are the getrag people at?

I am getting money together. We have till March .

I only work part time on the weekends for car part money, takes a while to get a pocket full of cash.
Wednesday, February 07, 2007 1:21 PM
Evans 17 wrote:
muffin wrote:Where are the getrag people at?

I am getting money together. We have till March .

I only work part time on the weekends for car part money, takes a while to get a pocket full of cash.

that where I'm at too, darn Feb for being a short month lol

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 7:32 PM
for the guys looking for install info, I'm working on that. I have the basic genaric guide for putting it into the diff itself, but nothing on how to get the diff out of the trans (at least for the automatics, the 5 speeds have had threads on how to open them up)

If I can get someone with AllData access to look it up, I'll make sure to pass it along.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 7:37 PM
Brian, I have the transmission sitting in my truck, it's coming with me to work tomorrow and i'll be tearing it apart there to stay warm, i'll take detailed pictures taking it apart, this process should be very similar for both the 4t40e and the 3t40

Rob
14.553 @ 94.01 mph.
Thursday, February 08, 2007 2:52 PM
awesome....i really want an LSD.
Thursday, February 08, 2007 8:08 PM
this is only going to be going on as a GP till march 1st

Friday, February 09, 2007 4:33 PM
I realy would like to get this soon, im sory if i had missed it earlier but when are these going to be expeted?

Friday, February 09, 2007 6:13 PM
its going on NOW, you need to have your name and money in no later than March 1st delivery is about 2 weeks, but may be longer. you get a great price the only other cost is time.look here for more

Friday, February 09, 2007 6:13 PM
91BerettaGT wrote:Brian, I have the transmission sitting in my truck, it's coming with me to work tomorrow and i'll be tearing it apart there to stay warm, i'll take detailed pictures taking it apart, this process should be very similar for both the 4t40e and the 3t40

Ill be looking for the pics to use with my 4t4oe.. Should be similar, like you said with the 3 spds

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Saturday, February 10, 2007 4:38 AM
thanks. im on the list and have mony, thats what im asking what time are we expecting to get them? Are you saying the parts will be ready to ship at ot around the 1st of march?

Saturday, February 10, 2007 9:33 AM
as he said above, and whats on the first page.....

On March 1st, I close the GP, and place the order for the plates. The machine shop gave me an extimated 2 weeks to complete the order. Once I get the plates in hand, I email everyone who paid, notify them of their balance, and once I revieve the remainder of your balance, your insert will be on its way to you.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Sunday, February 11, 2007 9:17 PM
Sry i don't speak english very well , but i am very interested by this group buy , I just want to know one thing , how is the price for now if i buy this lsd for getrag for my 05 sunfire manual trans with shipping and custom fee or all other hidden fee .

Anyone speak french here ? Im from Repentigny , Quebec in province close to Montréal city .

Monday, February 12, 2007 11:36 AM
so if i pay now, march 1st it will be sent out?

Monday, February 12, 2007 11:45 AM
No. Pay the deposit now. March 1st the order goes to the fab shop. They estimate about a 2 week turn around. Once the plates are in Brian's hands, then you pay the rest and he ships them out.

The earliest Brian would have these in his hands would be Mid-March.

Monday, February 12, 2007 1:50 PM
ok thanks man, thats all i wanted. i know, im a little slow. haha

Monday, February 12, 2007 2:08 PM
hm

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search