Shiftplus Problem - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Shiftplus Problem
Monday, January 14, 2008 6:27 AM
so it feels like my Shiftplus is stuck on even tho its in the off position. has anyone had this problem with theirs?

Re: Shiftplus Problem
Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:04 PM
wow maybe thats why my tranny is shifting so hard maybe i have the same problem but this only started when i swap my tranny, i dont know if the 4t40e from a cavalier is different than a 4t40e from a 99 grand am. Does your car runs fine for a little bit then after it goes from 1 2 3 and it goes to shift into 4 does it do it really hard and then it just shifts all the gears hard after that?

http://a709.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/85/l_c45bfa9c54e0aebaf0fbf6bf67c30a74.jpg
Friday, January 18, 2008 3:48 PM
Chris DeNisco wrote:so it feels like my Shiftplus is stuck on even tho its in the off position. has anyone had this problem with theirs?

Many here have had that same problem even after taking the Shiftplus off,still don't know why

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Friday, January 18, 2008 3:56 PM
Newer cars, 98+ i think you have to cut off the engine for it to "take" the new setting. my 96 has almost a "shift on the fly" feeling to the shift plus. let us know.

Sunday, January 20, 2008 12:27 PM
2.4_LS_4Door (Dayton86) wrote:Newer cars, 98+ i think you have to cut off the engine for it to "take" the new setting.

I always turn mine on / off only when the car is shut off. I have never had any problems with it.

Monday, January 21, 2008 8:16 PM
well ive had it for a few months now.....and i always have had to turn the car off for it to turn off.

i mean if i go out to my car tomorrow morning and start it, it will act like the shiftplus is on, even tho its switched off

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 2:18 AM
I drive a 98' Z and mine acts a little strange as well.
It seems to go up in setting with no trouble while the car is running (0-1,1-2) but does not go back down until I kill and restart...
i seem to remember that 98-mid99 reacts this way, while pre- 98 is "shift on the fly"

ZZZZZZZ
Friday, January 23, 2009 7:31 AM
Technically, its not even designed for our transmissions, it just kinda works. Also Ecotecs don't seem to like it. My shifting is odd now since I've had my Shift-Plus, I'm going to try resetting my PCM and see if that will make a difference.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search