trany mount question and help - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
trany mount question and help
Friday, November 20, 2009 6:01 AM
well i am going to be doing a ecotec swap here soon. does anybody know if the trany mounts are the same on manual and automatic transmission that goes to the frame on the car??? please help me

Re: trany mount question and help
Friday, November 20, 2009 7:47 AM
nope sorry there different
im in the same spot as you i got almost all the parts. getting the trany mounts is a pain in the @$$ to find at junk yards and to get off. or you can go to the dealer and pay about $100 a mount. i was there the other day

but here this should help
http://members.shaw.ca/johnz24/
Friday, November 20, 2009 8:33 AM
thanks for the pics that was help full and yes ill most likely go to the dealer to get the mount that i need. can i use the ecm that came out of a 2004 cavalier that was an automatic and put it in my car when i get the 5 speed trany put in my 96 body and ill probably use the entire wireing harness that came out of the 2004 cavalier. do you think that will be ok for me to do or do you think i need to get a diff ecm?
Friday, November 20, 2009 10:26 AM
form what ive found out in here is that it will work but will throw out codes b/c some of the plugs arnt used. if u have an auto harness... you wont be able to tell how fast yr going cuz yr speedo wont work. soooo it will work but its got some problems
Friday, November 20, 2009 10:50 AM
what if i am able to get the entire wire harness from a 5 speed cavalier. do i have to get a new ecm or can i use the ecm from the automatic cavalier?
Friday, November 20, 2009 1:40 PM
it will still do the same thing
the car will run and drive but yaaaa same things guna happen b/c the computer still thinks its an auto
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search