2.2 trany prob - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 trany prob
Friday, June 18, 2010 8:30 PM
I have a 98 sunfire 2.2 with 5spd. After building my motor the trany started to buzz out in 2nd and 3rd. I planned on putting new synchronizers in it but can't find any anywhere in central ohio. The dealers here have discontinued them. I have been reading about the trany swap with a geo but have only got the years down. I want the faster rpm but which models will work best. O and the junk yards don't have my trany so just buying a replacement isn't even an option.

Thanks

Dan

Re: 2.2 trany prob
Friday, June 18, 2010 9:23 PM
Have you thought about a F23 swap? I can get ahold of an Isuzu with 117k on it if its still there at u pull and pay in Cincinatti.

C:\Users\Phillip\Pictures
Saturday, June 19, 2010 1:29 PM
Id find a local trans shop, they usually have parts like that around, and they also have the ability to help with gears and differentials

Erik Packard
Saturday, June 19, 2010 7:42 PM
I have called the local shops and they are no help what so ever. So my next option was to do the trany swap but i wanted to make sure what model and year I can go with to achieve the best 1/4 mile time.
Sunday, June 20, 2010 8:05 PM
You can order new synchros from http://www.drivetrain.com/

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Sunday, June 20, 2010 8:13 PM
I have checked and it shows that I would have to pay $400 for the complete rebuild.
Sunday, June 20, 2010 8:17 PM
Well honestly you should do a complete bearing and seal replacement if you have it apart. But they will just sell you the synchros, just email them and ask.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search