"Flush" Wheels? - Page 3 - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re:
Wednesday, May 05, 2010 7:22 PM
Not liking it at all. I like the wheel design on the car, and it looks great from the side, but nothing about the fitment looks right or appealing in any way to me.

The front look like it's sticking out even more than flush.

Also, I was thinking the other day that this look has actually been done on a J before.
Chaz had some 19x9.5's stretched and flush. The rears were just slightly tucked, but the front is dead on flush:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, May 05, 2010 7:36 PM

Re:
Wednesday, May 05, 2010 7:48 PM
Quiklilcav wrote:Not liking it at all. I like the wheel design on the car, and it looks great from the side, but nothing about the fitment looks right or appealing in any way to me.

Also, I was thinking the other day that this look has actually been done on a J before.
Chaz had some 19x9.5's stretched and flush. The rears were just slightly tucked, but the front is dead on flush:

posted that laready lol... few pages back,

but i think skilz red cav needs some camber and a lower stance. it would look pretty good then IMO

Re:
Thursday, May 06, 2010 4:09 PM
Quiklilcav wrote:Not liking it at all. I like the wheel design on the car, and it looks great from the side, but nothing about the fitment looks right or appealing in any way to me.

Not knocking Chad's set up but he says they are "19x9.5 +35 offset (8.5" Bead seat)" which means they are really 19x8.5. The bead seat measurement is how rim sizes are actually listed, meaning my 17x9 rims are really 17x10 if you measured outside lip to lip.

Just to state it again, the suspension (Pro Kit) was unsettled in those pics, i almost didn't post them... I will post more pics this weekend with new lower suspenion on the car, i just bought some Eibach Sportlines i'll install saturday morning. It should look a lot better sitting a full inch lower than it did in those pics. If you want to see it in person come out to the J-BOM meeting this weekend!

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Re:
Thursday, May 06, 2010 6:12 PM
I didn't go back and read that whole post to catch his clarification on the sizes. Funny that he would have had to know the actual rim size when he ordered, and I've never seen a wheel & tire place sell based on the overall width. They're always sold by what's stamped, which is the bead size. So it's a little odd that he would post the exaggerated size. Maybe he was just looking for the shock value. LOL. But the setup looked tits on that car.

Re:
Thursday, May 06, 2010 10:12 PM
the stretch is a bit too exaggerated IMO. the stretch makes the sidewalls look taller than they really are. a 225 would still be stretched on a 9" wide wheel.

i do like the wheels though and the concave look of the spokes!

Re:
Friday, May 07, 2010 4:45 AM
i like the wheels and lugs....i think it will look better with the sportline drop

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Re:
Sunday, May 09, 2010 11:40 PM
where did you buy the lugs jeremy?

Re:
Monday, May 10, 2010 7:32 AM
the Jew wrote:i like the wheels and lugs....i think it will look better with the sportline drop

Give him a week or two and that will happen.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Re:
Monday, May 10, 2010 7:43 AM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:
the Jew wrote:i like the wheels and lugs....i think it will look better with the sportline drop

Give him a week or two and that will happen.

roger that

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Re:
Monday, May 10, 2010 5:25 PM
excited to see the new stance

Re:
Tuesday, May 11, 2010 8:58 AM

I think I have to see those rims and that stance on my car.

Re:
Wednesday, May 12, 2010 9:07 AM
What wheels are those are chaz's wip? anyone know?

Re:
Wednesday, May 12, 2010 3:41 PM
They're Stern ST-1's.

Re:
Monday, May 17, 2010 11:39 AM
looks weird!

WiGM-Tuners member.
Re:
Tuesday, May 18, 2010 1:52 AM
looks great on a silver bagged cavalier...
Re:
Tuesday, May 18, 2010 1:53 AM
^replying to I Drive a Silver Car
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search