Glowshift Oil Pressure Gauge install? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Glowshift Oil Pressure Gauge install?
Thursday, June 10, 2010 9:11 AM
Has anyone on here have experience with installing a gauge in their car more specifically a glowshift oil pressure gauge and if so would you be willing to explain how to install it? Not trying to sound stupid because I know how to install and run all the other wires involved its just the signal wire I cant figure out were it goes or how to install it. the only video they have explaining it is on a 05 Rsx.. Much thanks for your knowledge.

CarDomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3828276

Re: Glowshift Oil Pressure Gauge install?
Thursday, June 10, 2010 9:23 AM
Signal wire gets hooked up to the back of the pressure sensor..
Thursday, June 10, 2010 9:31 AM
It's VERY east...that's what i'm running currently. I have my pressure sender tapped into the side of the head where most people do their oil feed. You have to buy an adapter to screw into the hole to fit the 1/8" npt sender. I believe I got mine off Jegs...

Autometer Adapter

I believe this is the correct adapter. Correct me if i'm wrong people.

The green wire is the sender wire which is connected to the "g" post on the sender. The "KW" post is the ground. I just ran a wire from that to the firewall.

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Thursday, June 10, 2010 9:32 AM
It gets wired to your sending unit.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Thursday, June 10, 2010 11:07 AM
ok thanks much guys because Im planning on picking up a elite 7 color oil pressure guage and a single pod this weekend possibly and just want to make sure I get it right.

Thursday, June 10, 2010 11:37 AM
All the glowshift gauges come with instructions that are pretty straight forward so you're good. Im running their oil and boost gauge. 7-8 months now and no issues. Great gauges for the price. Gotta love the 7 colors too...usually have mine set on blue. Doesnt blind you at night but it highly visible.

Thursday, June 10, 2010 3:31 PM
Not a bad gauge at all. I have boost, oil, volts in mine.
Oil is tapped into the side of the head, like stated above, with the autometer fitting PN# 2278. 1/8NPT to M12x1.75 adapter.
Only problem with mine is my boost gauge decides to not light up sometimes.

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Saturday, June 12, 2010 4:34 PM
slvrblit wrote:Not a bad gauge at all. I have boost, oil, volts in mine.
Oil is tapped into the side of the head, like stated above, with the autometer fitting PN# 2278. 1/8NPT to M12x1.75 adapter.

Whoops, think I said the wrong autometer adapter. MY BAD! I havent had any problems with my gauges yet. Just wish I could turn the lights on and off. Can wire it to do that but it resests it back to default everytime you turn the car off.

Sunday, June 13, 2010 7:03 AM
Senorguitar wrote:
slvrblit wrote:Not a bad gauge at all. I have boost, oil, volts in mine.

Whoops, think I said the wrong autometer adapter. MY BAD! I havent had any problems with my gauges yet. Just wish I could turn the lights on and off. Can wire it to do that but it resests it back to default everytime you turn the car off.

Yup. Only down fall to the gauges. I just set mine white in the day, red at night. That way I don't have a color burn out on me prematurely.

214whp 190wtq
Sunday, June 13, 2010 7:04 AM

Also, this is the fitting that you want Autometer Metric Adapter

214whp 190wtq
Monday, June 14, 2010 6:36 AM
hey thanks alot for the info guys I appreciate it. Just so I got it right, I basicaly have to drill a hole in the head and tap it, then screw said "fitting" into hole, then the sender gets pluged into that?

Monday, June 14, 2010 8:10 AM
No. There is a plug in the side of the head. Remove said plug, screw the adapter into that, then the oil sensor into that.
Don't drill into the head.

214whp 190wtq
Monday, June 14, 2010 8:24 AM
I am going to be gettting one of these in about a week from a friend, do you think you would be able to get a little better pick of exactly where the plug is on the block? BTW it is for a 2.4

Monday, June 14, 2010 9:01 AM
lafonjef wrote:I am going to be gettting one of these in about a week from a friend, do you think you would be able to get a little better pick of exactly where the plug is on the block? BTW it is for a 2.4

what he said lol

Monday, June 14, 2010 9:24 AM
Just replace your OEM oil pressure sensor with the sending unit, or you can retain the OEM sensor with a setup like this. This is all located at the end of the tower closest to the #4 piston.

OEM sensor...

The fittings connected to the yellow sending unit are what you need...

Installed in the tower...

And with the OEM sensor installed...

Basically you just need a 1/4" T, 1/4" street L, 1/4"x2" nipple, and a 1/4" to 1/8" converter. All the fittings are NPT. Make sure you use teflon tape on the threads too.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Tuesday, June 15, 2010 7:39 AM
wow thanks transporter that made it a little more clearer to me now just cant wait to order the guages and install them. thanks for all your help.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 7:48 AM
Fashow69 wrote:wow thanks transporter that made it a little more clearer to me now just cant wait to order the guages and install them. thanks for all your help.

x2

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 10:38 PM
i have this same gauge...but i have a 2003 cavalier 2.2l ecotec. on the right side of my head are a few screws that use allen wrenches. is this the spot where i unscrew a screw, and then use the adapter and plug my oil psi sender into? just making sure i have the right location on my car.
Thursday, June 17, 2010 12:33 PM
You remove one of the allen screws from the driver's side of the head.
Thursday, June 17, 2010 1:29 PM
David Jenkins wrote:You remove one of the allen screws from the driver's side of the head.

that is what i thought. thanks!
Tuesday, June 22, 2010 9:40 AM
Just got my pressure sensor installed... thanks again for the help.
As far as wiring them up I have the constant straight to the battery, and the red wire plugged into my running lights so the lights will only turn on when the running lights are on. That should help with any light burning out.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 11:07 AM
justin smith wrote:i have this same gauge...but i have a 2003 cavalier 2.2l ecotec. on the right side of my head are a few screws that use allen wrenches. is this the spot where i unscrew a screw, and then use the adapter and plug my oil psi sender into? just making sure i have the right location on my car.

I removed the rear one, closer to the brake bracket. If you don't put a 90 bend on the autometer fitting, you'll need to trim the brake master bracket.

214whp 190wtq
Tuesday, June 22, 2010 2:37 PM
lafonjef wrote:Just got my pressure sensor installed... thanks again for the help.
As far as wiring them up I have the constant straight to the battery, and the red wire plugged into my running lights so the lights will only turn on when the running lights are on. That should help with any light burning out.

do you mean your DRL fuse? the biggest one in the fuse box? that is a good idea I never thought of doing that. does it only turn on when you turn the car on?
Tuesday, June 22, 2010 2:45 PM
It turns on when you put the ebrake down...

There are much better places to get a switched source from.

Friday, June 25, 2010 8:35 PM
No, not the drl, it was wired into the parking lights, although I am going to be re wiring that. I was under the impression that it just was for the illumination of the gauges, not the full functioning. I am going to be connecting it to the ignition next weekend when I have a little more free time. I'll try to get some pics this weekend when I'm at the car show.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search