WTF is this??? Wiring harness..(pics) - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
WTF is this??? Wiring harness..(pics)
Monday, December 03, 2007 6:08 PM
I got the absolute last wiring harness i am missing for my ecotec motor swap, the front headlight harness. I've just never seen this thing that is connected to the passenger side portion of the wiring harness. Its ceramic w/e the hell it is. This is from an 03 cav w/o fogs...

...apparently the zoom function isn't a great idea to use to get a close up when i didn't want to get out of my chair... lol..

Anyone know?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, December 03, 2007 6:12 PM

Re: WTF is this??? Wiring harness..(pics)
Monday, December 03, 2007 6:13 PM
Purely a guess, but maybe the DRL resistor?

Monday, December 03, 2007 6:30 PM
connects up in the pass side like up where the old 2200 computer goes it attaches to the frame rail i seen it as well on a buddys 04 were getting ready to swap into a 01 and i was like wtf
Monday, December 03, 2007 6:30 PM
I believe its an airbag sensor, but I don't know why it would be on the light wiring harness.

-Chris

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 5:26 AM
My guess is a little ceramic thingy that the car proboly needs.(i know alot of help). I say installed it and forget about it you proboly do need it but you never know. Maybe check the DRL disable threads so see if they describe it. Seeing that it is ceramic it could most likely be a resistor.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 8:51 AM
Well i know its not the air bag sensor. That clip is yellow and sits in the middle between the 2 sides. A resistor would make sense i suppose. I couldn't find @!#$ on it in my haynes manual.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 8:58 AM
did you get what you needed Cody?

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 9:50 AM
JoeyDaBomb wrote:did you get what you needed Cody?

Yes sir, thanks for tipping me off about that joe. Guy had some other stuff in better condition than my own, so i snagged a few other things off him.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 9:54 AM
if i remember right, isnt that a solid ground to complete the circuit?

i know mine was hooked to my horn as well

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 10:11 AM
Yes that looks to me like what has been called a ground pack. Attaches to the frame rail.
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 3:04 PM
Could someone snap a pic of where the hell its suppose to connect to? Or does it just have to be connected to the frame to and ground the whole thing? There is another ground near where the big connection it made to the main body harness...

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 3:14 PM
It just bolts right onto the frame right where you evap canister was located, or in that general area atleast.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 5:19 PM
My evap canister is back by my gas tank thank god... One less thing i had to do to my car for this swap, but my PCM is located there and I'm probably going to try and hook up my coolant reservoir canister there for the S/c possibly.

eh, we'll see.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007 5:23 AM
im gonna assume your horn is on the pass side, behind the front bumper....at least this is where mine is, and thats where it bolts to.

ill try and get ya a picture of where mine bolts to, but it may take a few days

Wednesday, December 05, 2007 8:49 AM
Joey Baggs (Eazy716) wrote:if i remember right, isnt that a solid ground to complete the circuit?

i know mine was hooked to my horn as well

that was my guess. just by taking a look at the back you can see where it bare metal almost as if it is meant to be a ground connection

Thursday, December 06, 2007 1:27 AM
yeah. it is a resister. i dont remember what its called. but theres tons of different styles. alot of the old style distributors use them. but a little smaller.

Thursday, December 06, 2007 4:28 AM
Sunday, December 09, 2007 2:33 PM
sndsgood wrote:glad im not screwing with a swap this winter.

More like a swap over the next 2 yrs....

I'm building the motor up before i even play. I just don't trust the ring lands if airtonics blew a rod right through his block...

Sunday, December 09, 2007 5:06 PM
WHAT?! Airtonics had a 2.6" pulley on there and that is why his did what it did. Why not just put the stock motor in then drop the s/c and leave the stock pulley on there if you are worried. Many people run the 3.0 pulley on the m62 without any problems. You can always pull the motor in a few hours later down the road if you want to build it. I just dont see the sense of not driving your car for an extra year.

Sunday, December 09, 2007 6:51 PM
JoeyDaBomb wrote:WHAT?! Airtonics had a 2.6" pulley on there and that is why his did what it did. Why not just put the stock motor in then drop the s/c and leave the stock pulley on there if you are worried. Many people run the 3.0 pulley on the m62 without any problems. You can always pull the motor in a few hours later down the road if you want to build it. I just dont see the sense of not driving your car for an extra year.

It gives me something to do when i am bored around the house. I can escape my g/f and parents and just spend hours on end with it. I am going to completely restore everything on it so there is ZERO rust on this mother. There is a lot of little bull@!#$ things under neath the car that are rusted out pretty good from being drove in winter for 5 years of its life. I just really want to take care of everything before i put this beast back together.

... I might change my mind come summer and say @!#$ it and throw it in anyways to make sure i get all the qwirks worked out, then buy another ecotec and build that one.

I've got nothing better to do, and it keeps me from buying a BMW like i was going to. In time i will probably just own J-bodys since by then i'll know pretty much everything about them like several other ppl do on here...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, December 09, 2007 6:54 PM

Monday, December 31, 2007 1:16 AM
DRL resistor, metal on the back so when you bolt it to the frame, it can stay cool? Probably not though, can't find anything referring to this in my Helm manual for a 2k, and I would think the later model years would have similar if not the same wiring for the headlights.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, December 31, 2007 1:31 AM

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 11:30 AM
how many wires?
what colors are they?
hard to tell from the pics... i have some mild colorblindness and probably couldn't tell what color they were anyways

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 12:48 PM

It goes there, and thats i need to know.

Sunday, January 20, 2008 3:05 PM
Airbag sensor is (should be) in front of the rad support. And bright, ugly neon yellow so you know not to play with it.

99% sure it's just a grounding connector. Plug it back on bare frame metal and you should be g2g.

--------------------------------------------------------
2002 Sunfire -->
- Ractive steering wheel
- ASA 17" EM9 + Nexen N5000 215/45/17 (steelies for winter)
- D-Spec Lowering kit @ 1.4" (issues currently )
- Rockford P250.1 + MTX MZS1004 + Panasonic CQ-C8313U head unit
- Barely legal tint.
Sunday, January 20, 2008 3:14 PM
btw, airtonics also had 30k HARD DRIVEN miles on it...so it had a long time of repeated abuse

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search