Premium seats? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Premium seats?
Thursday, February 14, 2008 3:51 PM
I heard that the 95-99 had an option packege with premium seats... I was wondering if anyone know if they are the same ones that come in the GT?

Re: Premium seats?
Thursday, February 14, 2008 10:03 PM
All the seats are the same..the "premium" one you heard of prolly just had a emblem sewn on.
Friday, February 15, 2008 1:22 AM
Philly D wrote:All the seats are the same..the "premium" one you heard of prolly just had a emblem sewn on.

That's what I thought as well... however my 01 sunfire GT had "Premium" seats listed on the build sheet
Friday, February 15, 2008 1:18 PM
I believe the only difference was the premium had the soft fabric sides and fabric covered headrest, where the base model had the unwrapped headrest (had a rubbery/vinyl looking coating directly on the foam), and vinyl sides of the seat.

Friday, February 15, 2008 5:28 PM
All Sunfire GTs have a lumbar adjuster on the front right side of the driver's seat. Sunfire GTs were the only 3rd gen J-Body to have this option.

Quiklilcav wrote:I believe the only difference was the premium had the soft fabric sides and fabric covered headrest, where the base model had the unwrapped headrest (had a rubbery/vinyl looking coating directly on the foam), and vinyl sides of the seat.

All Sunfire seats are fully wrapped in cloth (sides, back and head rests). Cavaliers were the only ones that came with the cheap a$$ vinyl on the backs and head rests .

Friday, February 15, 2008 6:49 PM
true...^^^ i forgot about the lumbar suport..
Friday, February 15, 2008 7:37 PM
but most likely those premium seats, which I was told was a velour like fabric, are the same as the ones that came with the GT model?

Friday, February 15, 2008 11:15 PM
my gt has a velour like fabric.... it's not the usual generic seats
Saturday, February 16, 2008 6:19 PM
Yes, I would consider the GT seats to be a velour-type fabric. They are pretty damn soft. The best looking stock J seats IMO.

Saturday, February 16, 2008 7:29 PM
I have an SE and my seat has a lumbar adjuster.
Saturday, February 16, 2008 9:41 PM
m-1, are your seats a velour-like fabric by any chance?

Saturday, February 16, 2008 10:36 PM
M-1 Erma Jean wrote:I have an SE and my seat has a lumbar adjuster.
Benjamin Babarsky wrote:m-1, are your seats a velour-like fabric by any chance?

Yes, that is one thing I forgot; the Sport Interior Package was an option on all Sunfires, even SEs from 1995 - 1999 (it's standard on all Sunfire GTs from 1995 - 2002). It included a leather wrapped steering wheel, shift knob and e-brake handle, Patina/Redondo cloth (the actual name for the "velour-type" cloth), a lumbar adjuster and a passenger seat back pocket.

The only non-Sunfire GT I have ever seen this package on was a 1995 - 1999 gold Sedan that had tan interior.

Sunday, February 17, 2008 1:13 PM
Thank you! You answered my question. I want that in my car... I have to replace my backseat because my trunk was leaking and running into my now mold covered back seat, and my passenger seat is broken, so I wanted to replace it with the "premium seats" and I thought they were going to be hard to find, but now that I know that they are the same thing as in the GTs, I can go about doing it!

Thank you again~!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search