hmmmm fiberglass!!!! check the progress.... - Page 4 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: hmmmm fiberglass!!!! check the progress....
Sunday, December 04, 2005 9:52 PM
BLUE ACE, good job man, It may not be my style, but the work you've done and gone the extra step on your cars really earns my respect. You are a very good fabricator. And to add to what a few others have said, this thread alone shows one of the main reasons I barely come on jbo anymore. But once again man, good job.

Sunday, December 04, 2005 9:58 PM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:so thats why i keep getting 3rd place trophies...

its my lack of TVs!

damn im off to best buy.

gotta pick up a 19 inch TV to slap in my spare tire hole.

oh @!#$ then il add a mirror over top of my toyota trunk lid liner.

so when the haters are followin il just pop the trunk like MIKE JONES and let them watch some BET.

http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/miscellaneous/60612/

Sunday, December 04, 2005 10:20 PM
So... any more progress pics?

-- John

Sunday, December 04, 2005 11:17 PM

Monday, December 05, 2005 5:45 AM
for all of the people saying how impractical TVs are in cars, I have 3 in my daily driver.... one is in the center console around where the back of the front seats are for the people in the back, one is molded into the center of the dash and then there is a flip-out tv in the center console about where the dash is.
All of the TVs can either view navigation, a movie or the PS2 or all three screens can watch the same thing... you can choose what each does. You could even watch three movies but that would be pointless. There is really nothing practical about it. Sue me.
I like the idea of multiple screens in any car. It makes long distances more fun for the passengers and navigation is DEFINATELY something that I, myself would never want another vehicle with it installed in. I guess it's like HIDs: have them once and you are spoiled and will always want them.

All of that said, my opinion isn't biased. I have always liked the car... it is one of my favorite J-bodies to date. The dash.. I don't so much care for the design. I liked the idea but it makes the dash look HUGE and terribly skew. I'm not going to say it looks aweful because it isn't complete yet and even if it was, sitting in it and seeing a picture are two different things. I'd say the last thing that car needs though is more blind-spots. It's not too bad, but it could be a lot better.

Cardomain|Myspace

Monday, December 05, 2005 5:57 AM
Monday, December 05, 2005 6:10 AM
im far from "hating" on his car, i wasnt even "hating" on his last car. check the post on his last build, i give him all the respect for doing it himself and coming up w/ the idea, but i think it could be done differently. he gets pissed when someone voices their opinion on his ideas. same thing on the last car w/ the headlights. hardly anyone liked them and everyone suggested he change them to make it look better. now since our ideas are different than his, we're all "haters"

Monday, December 05, 2005 6:14 AM
I just wanna see the car finished. I liked the last one and i think this one will be more of my taste. Good work man!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/448390

Monday, December 05, 2005 6:16 AM
I actually don't think it looks that bad. I may get flamed for that, but I've seen much, much worse. He's building it for the show scene. Maybe it looks out of place because there isn't much done to the car yet. Granted, some may have not liked his previous car, but I (for one) like to see progress posts like these and what others have the balls to do themselves. I've worked with fiberglass a lot and have to say, it's a pain in the @ss. Wait until the dash is painted......Then base your opinion. Anything in the beginning phase isn't going to look all that nice. Hell, my dash looked like sh!t when I was doing mine....But, in the end, it turned out nice. Impractical as it may be, it will still earn him points at a show. Some people build cars for shows, some build them for racing and some build them for road worthy style.....Everyone has their own ideas and point to building the car.........

Just my opinion though.......

Monday, December 05, 2005 6:40 AM
Blue Ace. I am not saying that your Ideas are bad, they are really good. I will tell you that I couldnt do what you have done by my self. I know that the work that you have done is not my style, and I would never take that approach to anything that I own, but that is just my taste. I dont think that people shoud be rude about their comments to you, and I do like to see some of the progress that you make on your cars. If for nothing else it could make for some ideas for other people on this site and If there is something that they dont like, they should either keep their comments to them selves or give a legitimate reason why they dont like it. My self, what I do like is the fact that It makes the dash all one, what I dont like is the obstruction of vision of the screens on the dash. The reason being, I drive my cars and dont like things in the way. For the cluster, I would have went with and aftermarket guage cluster rather than the factory one in behind. To make it a little bit cleaner. Thats my opinion, I am intitled to it just as everyone else is, but I try not to be rude about it. I hope you can respect that!!

My cardomain site
doublez@eastlink.ca
Monday, December 05, 2005 7:35 AM
Ya but Brad, you are older, and much more mature then most of the tards on this site.

I think his ideas are good, they just need to be perfected.. I dont think its top notch work. but its better then I could do so I wont say much.

I did miss what happened to the old car though...

Official member - www.ontarioCAVS.com & J-Body Club of Ontario

Monday, December 05, 2005 9:58 AM
STYLEZ24 wrote:Ya but Brad, you are older, and much more mature then most of the tards on this site.

I think his ideas are good, they just need to be perfected.. I dont think its top notch work. but its better then I could do so I wont say much.

I did miss what happened to the old car though...

I think that he sold it Ryan. And old or not you have to have respect for the people that come on here, because its the ones that are trying to share information that are going away, and not coming back because of the childish ones right?

So to everyone else, we do appreciate your imput, but please have some respect for the guys that are trying to share what information they have to offer. That is how we all learn!!

My cardomain site
doublez@eastlink.ca
Monday, December 05, 2005 9:59 AM
I just love @!#$ talking on here, and love it even more when people take it soo seriously.

I still <3 Z2FLIP4 and his car in my own special way, Brian just happens to be a great person to give @!#$ to cause he always gives it back to me very nicely! Makes it all fun and worthwhile. Hell I preached the lambo/suicide idea after posting up a green S-10 with a Trailblazer frontend I had seen many times.

Monday, December 05, 2005 10:07 AM
have to give credit to people who do there own work.
its worth alot more when you do it to your own car. but thats just my opion since i do everything on my cars from start to finish

post some more pics. it looking good. people cant picture it very good untill its done.

i get this same @!#$ also. people say it looks like @!#$ in person while i am working on it. untill its done and they say its amazing.

get some more pics

2000 cavalier z24 (show) -------------------- www.cardomain.com/id/krazycav
1997 cavalier z24 (track) --------------------- www.cardomain.com/id/krazycav
1996 cavalier 2.2 (beater) -------------------- www.cardomain.com/id/krazycav
Monday, December 05, 2005 10:24 AM
looks hawt.
are you gonna do the door shave/removal still?

Monday, December 05, 2005 11:00 AM
A friend of mine has 72 screens in his explorer the most un practical thing ever but has one every show he has been to pretty well

ya blue ace's dash is not my style at all but give it up guys does it make you feel better to do that what are you getting from it honestly JBO is a total waste of even posting anymore no matter what you put it gets flammed people put factory cars that they just buy u bash them even though they are coming on here for ideas the future of the org is going down the tubes if this gets any worse

Monday, December 05, 2005 11:01 AM
props on the work man. Just put a camera on your front right fender and project the image onto the screens, blindspot problem solved!

I don't think it looks bad at all and i dont think the view blocking is that big of a deal, good work!

Monday, December 05, 2005 11:15 AM
i dont think everyone is mean, i think its just every idea he has ends up being executed half ass and no one on here likes it. theres some that are gonna keep it plain and simple and say "no" and some that will try to suck a mans penis while emplying "no". if your not old enough to take the heat u need to get outa the .org. Like i said before.. if the guy is such a master fabricator i expect more. howcome he never designs, plans and folows through with an idea that will set everyone in awe?

like the explorer.. i dont like how the steering wheel is like a piece of flat aluminum with the batman thing cut out but the thought of a psp placement in there is bad ass.. it could use some rounded edges and a polish but hey its still bad ass.
Monday, December 05, 2005 11:18 AM
Sdime5 wrote:

i dont like how the steering wheel is like a piece of flat aluminum with the batman thing cut out .

can you imagine getting in an accident in that, having your chest/face smashed into that sterring wheel lmao.

Monday, December 05, 2005 11:22 AM
oh god no...
ur gonna get killed with that in ur view.....

Monday, December 05, 2005 12:07 PM
ive said it once already, u really can see out of the dash well really u can! no blind spot!, and for the 1/2 a$$ stuff, its not done thats why it looks 1/2 a$$d its in progress, thats just bondo, plus im molding it all into once peice, just wait. nothing on any of my cars have been 1/2 a$$d

Monday, December 05, 2005 12:45 PM
wheres the progress pics

"Boost tuning"....... have you had your 8 PSI today?

future name of the winter shop!!!
Monday, December 05, 2005 12:46 PM
i wouldnt do it, but im not the kinda guy for extreme competition, but the work looks good, and you always end up with a quality job done, even if people dont like your taste.

Monday, December 05, 2005 12:53 PM
personally dont like it, not my style, but props on something different. ive learned, people will either love it or hate it, and flame either way. its bound to happen. but just do your own thing, and be happy about it.

keep up the custom work, and post some progress pics

RIP Kasey Burleson, and get well soon Chris Shelly

Monday, December 05, 2005 1:04 PM
Sdime5 wrote:i dont think everyone is mean, i think its just every idea he has ends up being executed half ass and no one on here likes it. theres some that are gonna keep it plain and simple and say "no" and some that will try to suck a mans penis while emplying "no". if your not old enough to take the heat u need to get outa the .org. Like i said before.. if the guy is such a master fabricator i expect more. howcome he never designs, plans and folows through with an idea that will set everyone in awe?

like the explorer.. i dont like how the steering wheel is like a piece of flat aluminum with the batman thing cut out but the thought of a psp placement in there is bad ass.. it could use some rounded edges and a polish but hey its still bad ass.

You, of all people, are talking smack about half assed? What about your half-assed business? And your half assed transactions? And your half-assed attitude?
Different screenname, same old dick.

Neutiquam erro.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search