Megasquirt install with pics and instructions - Page 3 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Megasquirt install with pics and instructions
Sunday, January 22, 2006 3:16 AM
Jcavi (JoeDM in training) wrote:
Z Speed Cavi wrote:
Z Speed Cavi wrote:so does this completely replace your computer? Im just looking for options for future reference when I get boost and the gm supercharger reflash wont work for me anymore

reason for that is cause Im going to go with big boost and i need big injectors........ so some sort of tuning will be needed that the gm supercharger reflash wont be able to handle....... thats why i asked if this is a standalone of piggy back cause i want my car to pass emissions still so i need everything to function properly like the obd2 plug in

Well thats the beauty of the MS it can be anything from a shift light to a full standalone. so yeah if all you need is an EIC then you can do that. or really just watch for mine to finish up and then use it for instructions.

Im making mistakes so you dont have to

chris orr wrote:Takes another swig of beer ..... waits for next update.Keep up this will make a great how to. Then we should have a GP.

I will. oh yeah and as for the GP lets just say me and the rep at DIY have been talking

cool thanks for explaining that for me better...... I shall be keeping a eye on this and I may just say forget the gm charger program and just use mega squirt instead.... save myself the money ahead of time.....

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/827643
boost will be soon for me....

Sunday, January 22, 2006 10:37 AM
M I N I O N - Sinbird wrote:He is keeping the stock computer on top of the MS install. I believe it is true that MS1 can not control a stepper motor IAC set-up. On the possitive side, the stepper motor control is soley based on RPM and can still be controlled by the stock computer. Should you go to an aftermarket gauge set-up and wish to utilize the stock IAC you are going to need MS2 to control it.
Jcavi.. it looks like you are having some problems. I have a full ecotect wiring diagram and have studied up on MS so that I can install adam's (NJHK.) Megasquirt with the trbo set-up. If you need any help just IM me. My screen name is TPW FreedomFries.

Im sorry you are correct. and yes I will IM you I found a diagram but I am going in blind. are you aim alot. I have been offered alot of help but few people have followed threw.
thank you.

Z Speed Cavi wrote:
Jcavi (JoeDM in training) wrote:
Z Speed Cavi wrote:
Z Speed Cavi wrote:so does this completely replace your computer? Im just looking for options for future reference when I get boost and the gm supercharger reflash wont work for me anymore

reason for that is cause Im going to go with big boost and i need big injectors........ so some sort of tuning will be needed that the gm supercharger reflash wont be able to handle....... thats why i asked if this is a standalone of piggy back cause i want my car to pass emissions still so i need everything to function properly like the obd2 plug in

Well thats the beauty of the MS it can be anything from a shift light to a full standalone. so yeah if all you need is an EIC then you can do that. or really just watch for mine to finish up and then use it for instructions.

Im making mistakes so you dont have to

chris orr wrote:Takes another swig of beer ..... waits for next update.Keep up this will make a great how to. Then we should have a GP.

I will. oh yeah and as for the GP lets just say me and the rep at DIY have been talking

cool thanks for explaining that for me better...... I shall be keeping a eye on this and I may just say forget the gm charger program and just use mega squirt instead.... save myself the money ahead of time.....

Good man.

Im a level 32 joedm newb flamer.
Sunday, January 22, 2006 10:57 AM
Todays update is for EXCIDIUM he knows why

well Scratch one more off the list me and MY brother K money hooked up the IAT sensor known as the MAT on the MS.

heres how it goes down homies.

first you want to go to a junkyard and pic up an old IAT sensor out of a cav or fire. it will be the sensor near the air box.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y222/dogmoo/IMG_0722.jpg

your going to then take the MAT wire that comes off your harness and wire it to the sen sensor it doesnt matter which side you use as long as you ground the other wire. I just tapped the MS gound wire.

now I had a sensor with no home. I needed it to go somewhere so I thought for a while and came up with a great Idea (and if you can belive it, it worked.) I had origannly taped up the hole where the tube that came from the head cover was and put a filter on the metal tube. So I took the sensor and tried to fit it in but it wouldnt go. so we had to shave the ribs off up to the end and sure enough it slid right in. I then tapped it in for security and vuawlah.

heres a finished shot of both of the sensors. yes it is crazy sexy.

todays project is relocation of the Battery now I know that it isnt nesscary for megasquirt but how many people will be doind this with out a boosted engine? so I fiugred that since its a coomon thing to do I would throw it in. enjoy.

Sunday, January 22, 2006 10:58 AM
wow ok heres the first pic

and the finished shot

Monday, January 23, 2006 7:09 AM
yeah So Im at school right now bored out of my mind and I though I would let you guys know that I managed to patty slap my car. I disconnected the ground and hot moved the battery to the trunk and thats when all hell broke loose. I ran my amp cabale as my hot wire and figrued I ground it to the strut..(take this time to laugh at me......done...well it gets better.I cut the negitave terminal to reuse on the trunk needles to say nothing worked I was showing 10 V which to those that know is as good as dead. sooooo, I tried putting the battery back in the bay to get it to start to make a trip back to the parts store but of course I coulndt get it to work.......needles to say Im going to take a lovely walk in the rain today. oh well more pics to come soon.

Monday, January 23, 2006 8:27 PM
I am signed on 24/7 and I don't leave away messages up. But aim is the best way to get me. If you have a question just ask and I will answer it as soon as I see it. I am on a lot but I work/sleep odd hours.

Cardomain|Myspace

Monday, January 23, 2006 8:32 PM
I appreciate it Im trying to get my car just to run again but as soon as I get on track Ill right.

Thursday, January 26, 2006 6:40 PM
nice work, i'm currently in the process of getting rid of the complete engine harness/bcm/pcm etc for my 00 Z24, moving over to Megasquirt as a standalone to chase down the Fastest 2.4L N/A record (have doubts on doing it, but basically i'm not going to gut my car to get a reccord, any races and runs will be done full interior/sparetire/stereo, etc...)

good luck i'll keep checking in to see if i can be of assistance.

Thursday, January 26, 2006 6:59 PM
Have you asked any of the MS guys about oue cars and how they more then likely run periodic tests to the injectors where they squirt more fuel then they normally would to make sure they are properly working and how thats gonna work out with just the resistors there? I know other people have posted problems with that on 03-newer cars.

Check out my car....
http://members.cardomain.com/o4blackfire
Thursday, January 26, 2006 9:08 PM
i think we need to come up with some sort of base map for fuel and ignition so ppl can hook up ms and run their car right away. The maps should probably have iac controls and knock retard too. I think more people would be willing to do this with a tune to start from.

Friday, January 27, 2006 9:59 AM
Shifted wrote:Please solder all your connections, you'll thank me later when you're troubleshooting.

100 ppl prolly said this but def and then you can tape over the solder to make it look neater if you want..but the solder will make a better connection....weather u know how to or not just remember to much solder is just as bad as not enough and could be worse and dont melt the insulation could also cause some trouble...like the post tho cuz im going that route in 2 months tell me how it works when all said and done after a few days of driving

speed kills, drive slow, drive a honda

You are what you Drive!

Thursday, February 02, 2006 6:07 PM
so has there been any more progress with this? is that group purchase gonna happen anytime soon?

Thursday, February 02, 2006 6:24 PM
watching. u have any other pics u could email me? did u have to wire in with the injectors?

big_worm187@hotmail.com

Thursday, February 02, 2006 7:39 PM
Im actually having the same problem with my battery relocation right now. I moved the battery to the trunk and ran the positive from the trunk to the engine bay and connected it to the power off the alternator and the other positive cable. I ran the ground from the battery in the trunk and connected it and grounded it to the frame. Needless to say the car is having trouble starting and im only getting 10 volts. I think the problem is the ground and what im gonna do is ground the the engine to the frame so i have a better connection and grind down around the places where i have the grounds connected so i get a better connection. Ill let ya know how it goes. I orignally thought the problem was the cable being too long for the power but i dont know. trial and error.

Friday, February 03, 2006 8:34 PM
Im back sorry it took so long. any who. I finnaly got the battery to work I didnt realize the factory ground was so important. but whatever my engine bay has no batter

ill post pics tommorw. if everything is nice out, Im gonna get the tach signal done and get the hopefully get teh fuel pump working. and probably get some of the constants done. dont worry ill post instructions.

as for the GP as soon as my MS is done the Rep at DIY is gonna do a GP. so all joo fools need help me .

thanks guys for the support.

Friday, February 03, 2006 10:08 PM
well hurry up with the install then, cuz i wanna buy a megasquirt

Friday, February 03, 2006 11:10 PM
damn i missed out on the GP i bought MS today...

oh well

good luck with the rest...

Saturday, February 04, 2006 12:07 AM
^^where at and how much?

Saturday, February 04, 2006 11:16 AM
Rain

Sunday, February 05, 2006 2:32 PM
Update in the HIZOUSE

well its 49degress out (or at least thats what the MS said) and I decied to man up and get some work done. as most of you know Im still having trouble getting the tach signal from the eco the general consensus seems to be white or pink.......ummm no.

I think that might be the right wire but I think I need to set the MS to read it
can you see all the got damn tape. ugh

and yes all the connections were soldered. I just havent found the right one. yet

any way I did make some headway.

I have been working with my goober brother to try and get this done.

we only have 4 wires to go so keep up with us

so I spent some time the other day finishing up my battery and now I can gladly say that I have this in place of my battery

I went out and bought a 4 gauage industrial grade wire. and for those that say that you need to use high strand can suck it.

Im not going to do any install instructions because this isnt fully MS related.

with that done I moved on to the boost guage on the MS.

this was the easiest part of the install so far. I swear its the first thing Ive done where I havent been scratching my head

to get this to work all you have to do is locate the falic looking thing on the back

runn your tubing to the nearest vac source and your golden. I ran mine to the second hole on the intake mani. very east just becareful the megasquirts nob is smaller than the one on the mani.

well thats all for now im almost done. I just wanted to say thanks for watching (espically the guys from the begining) and Im always open to questions and comments.

Sunday, February 05, 2006 4:28 PM
the tach wire is not pink that is +12v
it will be white or orange.

Sunday, February 05, 2006 5:16 PM
Looks like you're having fun and learning AND properly tweaking the car all at the same time. That's what hobby tuning is all about! I bought my MS un-assembled kit the other day and am looking forward to First, soldering it all together and Then putting it on my 01 Z. Thanks for the write-ups and positive attitude...makes me want to get on with mine sooner!

Sunday, February 05, 2006 7:12 PM
Robbie c wrote:the tach wire is not pink that is +12v
it will be white or orange.

tried them both I think I need to just set up the ms for it.

Monday, February 06, 2006 9:03 AM
Quote:

well Scratch one more off the list me and MY brother K money hooked up the IAT sensor known as the MAT on the MS.

Why run 2 IAT's????

Quote:

nice work, i'm currently in the process of getting rid of the complete engine harness/bcm/pcm etc for my 00 Z24, moving over to Megasquirt as a standalone to chase down the Fastest 2.4L N/A record (have doubts on doing it, but basically i'm not going to gut my car to get a reccord, any races and runs will be done full interior/sparetire/stereo, etc...)

I am interested in the harness/bcm/pcm. Let me know how much you want for it???

Jason
99 Z24

Racers Edge
Johnny Mack Turbo Systems
Engineered Performance
Monday, February 06, 2006 9:45 AM
hey jason when you finish put all the wire locations in one post. because we have lazy people like me

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search