Project Colorblind Cav - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Project Colorblind Cav
Friday, July 20, 2007 7:11 AM
Wrench Monkey wrote:YOU HAVE TOYO MIRRORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BASTARD!

you'd hate me even more if I told you how much I got them for.

SpeedRacerZ wrote:I have 2 sets of Toyo mirrors....

Looking good Brandon! I should have told you to drop off that green front plate cover

I most likely will be selling it. let me know.

StreetDreamZz wrote:i don't get it..you sold the trunk back or what?

I used the 02 ls sport trunk lid & spoiler in trade to get the Type J Sideskirts and Door Strikes

out of curiousity I did a lil math to see how much I paid in the end for the kit and also how much it would have cost new from RK Sport...

New From RK Sport
Import Fighter Front: $440
Type J Side Skirts w/ Door Strikes: $460
- Each Type J Side is $180
- Each Type J Door Strike is $50
Import Fighter Rear: $325

TOTAL RETAIL: $1225 (not including shipping)

What I had to pay/trade to acquire it:
02 LS Sport Trunk Lid: $20
00-02 RK Sport Lip & Import Fighter Rear Bumper: 6 Pack of Mountain Dew
Import Fighter Front & Razzi Sides: $65
Type J Sides w/ Strikes: 02 LS Sport Trunk Lid, 00-02 RK Sport Lip, & Razzi Sides

TOTAL SPENT IN THE END: $85 and a 6 Pack of Dew

not too shabby...

Thats also around half of what I paid for my z24 kit (Front bumper $100, Sideskirts $30, Rear Bumper $50).

AGAIN THANKS GOES OUT TO DON (OD1), MIKE JAZZ (SONICZ), AND STEPHEN (MANTAZ)!!!

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 9:50 AM
heyBoltZ22, any update of cavalier if so post pleased!
Wednesday, August 29, 2007 9:57 AM
Ahhhhh a fellow cheapie =D I love gainin parts at next to nothing even if "slightly used" etc etc.... I'm always mentioning something else I picked up from somebody and people are like "wtf are u gettin this stuff from?"

One word, Patience! =D

Keep up the good work man!

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Wednesday, August 29, 2007 10:12 AM
Ao the cavy kid wrote:heyBoltZ22, any update of cavalier if so post pleased!

nothing much since the last update on here. front bumper is almost on (crush guard needs a lil more minor trimming), fit the rear bumper (just needs to come off and be heated up to removed the hump in it), also picked up a free 02 ls sport spoiler, a 8 inch shorty antenna from a sponsor (http://ShortysAntennaSource.com), got a set of TRD Eyelids from Meckster.

Otherwise, I've been busy with work and home. Just had a beautiful baby girl this past month. And the wife was in and out of the hospital. So the car has taken a back seat for the time being.

What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Wednesday, August 29, 2007 10:20 AM
Filler plate still up for sale?
Wednesday, August 29, 2007 4:11 PM
Cant wait to see her done man....... get them there eyelids on

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 11:08 PM
i dont even want to know the price of the toyo mirrors... i think i would have to hurt you LOL

Thursday, August 30, 2007 8:09 AM
for the love of god, please skip those projectors! I would rather see the little tikes playsets in the background installed then those things. They are and look cheap and hidious looking. If you are going to do projectors make something yourself. If you have to use those, at least wet sand and give them a light paint of black to darken them up so they don't look so bad.

Thursday, August 30, 2007 10:45 AM
CavFire Jake (CavyFreak442) wrote:Ahhhhh a fellow cheapie =D I love gainin parts at next to nothing even if "slightly used" etc etc.... I'm always mentioning something else I picked up from somebody and people are like "wtf are u gettin this stuff from?"

One word, Patience! =D

Keep up the good work man!

patience has been the key. i've been collecting parts for almost 4 years now. the body kit kinda just fell into my lap in a hurry part by part though.

Z24 Speed wrote:Filler plate still up for sale?

it was never technically up for sale to begin with. I haven't decided if I wanna keep it yet or not. all depends on if I keep the z24 front as a spare or for the sunfire (contemplating a z24 front end conversion on it).

Meckster wrote:Cant wait to see her done man....... get them there eyelids on

Thanks. and thanks again for the eyelids. They'll make it on eventually. Will probably wait until the Projectors are done first though.

Wrench Monkey wrote:i dont even want to know the price of the toyo mirrors... i think i would have to hurt you LOL

lets just say they were under a $100 shipped.

RaGiN Z (the fake 05) wrote:for the love of god, please skip those projectors! I would rather see the little tikes playsets in the background installed then those things. They are and look cheap and hidious looking. If you are going to do projectors make something yourself. If you have to use those, at least wet sand and give them a light paint of black to darken them up so they don't look so bad.

thanks for the opinions but to each their own. plus the fact I'm not even near done with them...

SO EVERYTHING!
Thursday, August 30, 2007 11:58 AM
Looks good, and subscribed

--- --- ---
Why the F&CK did I buy a POS new 07 Hyundai Elantra?!
I shoulda kept the 02 Ranger 4x4 - comfort is better than MPG's

Thursday, August 30, 2007 10:23 PM
if you want to sell the filler plate pm me a price, i bought the bumper and other stock parts off stephen so its only fitting the the filler come home to its origanal cover..................lol

Monday, September 17, 2007 2:26 PM
SMALL UPDATE:
after seeing the tenzo-r pedals my friend brett (evilmonkitar) picked up for his cavi, i did some research to see what i could find in that style in auto. found out tenzo-r hasn't made the auto pedals in nearly two years now. i was only able to find one site that had them, but they stated they had every color available for the auto and i didn't hear back to them when i asked if those were an instock item. i was browsing around on ebay and came across these...

RS-1 Tuning (aka Tenzo-R GT Spec Ripoffs) Nickel w/ Black Carbon Fiber Auto Pedals. So I ordered myself a set. Cost $23 with shipping and insurance.

Also picked up a subframe brace from my friend Nick (sprayedsunfire) in trade for the Set of F1 Sunfire Fenders I got from another friend awhile back.

Hopefully this weekend I can get some free time while it's light out to snap some pics of everything.

SO EVERYTHING!
Wednesday, February 27, 2008 8:29 PM
BACK FROM THE DEAD!

Started working on the Cavalier again. Last weekend I started cleaning out the garage to get room to work on the Cavalier. Got the Interior almost completely back together. Went to move the Cavalier out of the garage to finish cleaning. Dead Battery...

Anyways, good news took a trip tonight and brought home these:

Hooray for crummy cell phone pics

- 17"x8" Rota Boost Rims
- Nitto Neo Gen 215/45/17 Tires
- McGuard Spline Drive Black Chrome Tuner Lugs/Wheel Locks

More pics once I find my camera.

SO EVERYTHING!
Wednesday, February 27, 2008 10:35 PM
nice pick up man!
Friday, February 29, 2008 6:21 AM
You're o so lucky that the loan didn't go through in time for me to get the car, those rims were coming with it.

Looks good can't wait to see it finished.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Friday, February 29, 2008 6:47 AM
Subscribed also.
I can't beleive you're selling/ sold the Sunfire.
Reading through the posts, you're coming along nicely with the car but there just aren't enough pictures to keep the salivatory glands functioning.
So you know that that means.

It's also good to see someone else not spending an arm and a leg for everything that you have. There are some very good deals out there if you're patient enough to wait for them.
You've done good my friend.

Continued updates are a must.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Sunday, March 02, 2008 10:00 AM
Better pics of the Rims/Tires:

Pic of TRD Eyelids:

Its just sitting on there in the picture. I still need to finished putting the Projectors back together.

Pics of Interior:

The blue glove box will be replaced with a graphite one. The pedals will be replaced with the ones a few posts about this one. I still have a C/F HVAC overlay to put on and just picked up a graphite 00+ center console. Other then that, I don't think I'm gonna do anything else to the interior besides pick up a set of floormats. Originally intended to paint more parts black but I think I'm gonna leave it as is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, March 02, 2008 10:01 AM

SO EVERYTHING!
Monday, March 17, 2008 9:17 PM
IT'S ALIVE!!! Charged the battery today and the Cavalier saw the outside world for the first time in almost a year.

Garage looks so much bigger without a car in it

Pile of debris left from the car (bumper crush guard)

Exterior Pics. Bumpers are just sitting there. Z24 front is on cuz the IF doesn't quite fit yet. Type J Sides will go on when the Rims go on.

Close up on my 8" Shorty Antenna from ShortyAntennaSource.com. I also have a 14" one that I might switch to. Still undecided.

Interiors 95% put back together. Took the last of the blue out of it today.

Random Pic of the Trunk cuz I realized I have never taking a picture since I got this setup.

Then later tonight someone stole my hood...

...Sold it! New full C/F hood coming soon. Possibly this weekend.

SO EVERYTHING!
Tuesday, March 18, 2008 5:27 PM
Can't wait to see the finished product.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 6:37 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:I have 2 sets of Toyo mirrors....

Looking good Brandon! I should have told you to drop off that green front plate cover

damn you ! I've been looking for a set since last year and can't get my hand on one

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 6:41 PM
as for your car, it's comming along great ! good job !!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 7:13 PM
i was hoping you were going to get rid of that hood, nice job so far. must be nice to find some good deals like that....living in my area, its just not possible. almost impossible to find a used kit, nvm a cheap one, haha.

Mods : Nothing yet....
taking the 2200 out of the cavy and throwing it into the sunfire, taking the 3100 out of my friends GrandAm and throwing it into the cavy. XD Definatly a work in process...

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 2:08 PM
Skunk - REBORN 4/08 wrote:Can't wait to see the finished product.

you'll see everything (minus paint) in the Dells.

chevycavy2k3 wrote:as for your car, it's comming along great ! good job !!

thank you

Lee Forget wrote:i was hoping you were going to get rid of that hood, nice job so far. must be nice to find some good deals like that....living in my area, its just not possible. almost impossible to find a used kit, nvm a cheap one, haha.

I actually would have liked to keep the hood, but this car is a budget build and getting a full c/f hood means one less part that has to be painted. now i'm just down to body kit, mirrors, and spoiler that need paint. i'd like to paint the whole car, but with 180k miles on it and the possibility i'll be moving on to a sedan in the next year or so, no point in spending the money on it. thats also why everything i've been getting for it is stuff that can easily be taken off and put on the next car.

NEW HOOD COMES SATURDAY!

SO EVERYTHING!
Thursday, March 20, 2008 9:35 PM
I see a lot of good progress cant wait to see it in the Dell

Friday, March 21, 2008 8:37 AM
nice. everything is starting to fall into place.
I bet you're excited!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search