Im Back... Twin charged Jbody back up and runing.. new look and new mods - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Im Back... Twin charged Jbody back up and runing.. new look and new mods
Thursday, July 05, 2007 7:56 AM
Holloween Z wrote:awsomeness!!!!!!

+1

Thursday, July 05, 2007 7:59 AM
icemike89 wrote:Oh lol I saw the one solenoid and thought you were gona run it into the tb spacer or something...Im sure that thing is fast enough anyways haha.
Get a video! Id realy love to hear how that sounds.

Yea that solinoid does go the the TB spacer... but its alky not nitrous.. the idea has been tossed around (mainly by my dad) to add nitrous to it.. but it would have to be after / if i put in a built engine and would be direct port injection

Joey Baggs (Eazy716) wrote:
Holloween Z wrote:awsomeness!!!!!!

+1

thanks man

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno
Thursday, July 05, 2007 8:04 AM
Lookin very very nice. I miss the blue though I am a lil partial but not bad silver works very well to. Glad to see this back on the road.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Thursday, July 05, 2007 8:12 AM
Its nice to see you back! i like the silver alot more!

Thursday, July 05, 2007 8:13 AM
My god dude turbo,sc,built motor,dp setup,and supporting mods would have to be one of the fastest j's out there

What size pulley are you running right now?

Thursday, July 05, 2007 8:14 AM
Looks really great, except I bet that Spoiler is slowing down your FF car. lol. Otherwise, great pics, nice car.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Gerkn

Thursday, July 05, 2007 8:18 AM
icemike89 wrote:My god dude turbo,sc,built motor,dp setup,and supporting mods would have to be one of the fastest j's out there
What size pulley are you running right now?

ahah not sure about fastest J.. if i ever do build up the 2.4L i have laying around here i would go for about 350whp.. and i know there are Jbodys out there doing alot more.. but it would be quick thats for sure, as i know there is a 450whp Cavalier here in town.. i dont think he is on this site but he is turbo + nitrous

S/c'er pulley on it now is a 3.0"

silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
Thursday, July 05, 2007 9:02 AM
jeas... makes me wonder with that 3.0 pulley on there if the blower is doing anything at all...

stock 2.8 is 4.5 psi, so whats a 3.0? gotta be like 2psi right? i guess 2psi is 2psi, better than 0psi

your not even pushing either setup man... thats crazy, you put down 280whp with this setup before correct?

turbo-4 psi
s/c -2psi

sound right? 2.8 pulley on the blower and up the boost on the turbo and L@@K OUT!!

Thursday, July 05, 2007 9:27 AM
Glad to see it coming back together again....I really enjoyed the last one you built!!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Thursday, July 05, 2007 9:39 AM
looks like fun to drive. i say do the nitrous.

Thursday, July 05, 2007 9:58 AM
Josh, I have to admit - I REALLY miss the blue car, the silver doesn't do it for me... but it's completely awesome to see you've brought this back to life my friend. Enjoy it, and as mentioned - wrap it in a little bubble this time out.

Good luck man.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...

Thursday, July 05, 2007 11:14 AM
z yaaaa wrote:jeas... makes me wonder with that 3.0 pulley on there if the blower is doing anything at all...
stock 2.8 is 4.5 psi, so whats a 3.0? gotta be like 2psi right? i guess 2psi is 2psi, better than 0psi
your not even pushing either setup man... thats crazy, you put down 280whp with this setup before correct?
turbo-4 psi
s/c -2psi
sound right? 2.8 pulley on the blower and up the boost on the turbo and L@@K OUT!!

nope 240whp @7psi with a 3.0" s/c'er pulley.. but after i got the s/c'er ported and using a different engine then it was tuned on things just dont feel right.. definatly needs a new tune.. ill probably have it tuned to 250whp ish as it is stock internaly still... ill build up the extra 2.4L engine i have in the garage slowly then put it in later..

SweetnessGT wrote:Josh, I have to admit - I REALLY miss the blue car, the silver doesn't do it for me... but it's completely awesome to see you've brought this back to life my friend. Enjoy it, and as mentioned - wrap it in a little bubble this time out.
Good luck man.
-Chris-

ahah yea i kinda do miss the blue as well but finding a blue Sunfire GT around here with low Km's and good shape is not possible... this one was the lowest km's i could find and it was 61,000kms... it is nicer then the blue one in that it has every since option you could get on the Jbodies where as the blue one had nothing but A/C that was it...

as for the bubble wrap, i might have to do that.... i am going back to saskatoon on Wed... it will be 1year almost exactly to the day that i was there and was hit by the drunk driver in the blue car..........

Thursday, July 05, 2007 11:30 AM
Wow, 1 year and youre back in the game already, and better than you were before. Nice, itd take me more than a year probably to get another car, a kit, and all those nice motor goodies youve got.

I want to hear what those pipes sound like, possibe to get a vid of it?

nice work, cant wait for numbers!
Thursday, July 05, 2007 11:41 AM

Well done.....

WEll Freaking Done...!!!!

Thursday, July 05, 2007 11:58 AM
How much did they charge you to port your supercharger? Mine was $900 but that was for the show polish as well.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Thursday, July 05, 2007 4:36 PM
Wade Jarvis wrote:How much did they charge you to port your supercharger? Mine was $900 but that was for the show polish as well.

yea i think it was like $400 something cdn, cant remember... i wish i did the polishing now though .. .i wasnt sure if it would be to much shiny in my engine bay but maybe next time.. if i get bord with no car projects ill pull it off and send it back... but i got to pull my dads GNX engine now so i dought that will happen ahah

as for videos ill see if my girl friend will take some of me at the track tomorrow night... again it wont be the best times since it badly needs some tuning but my friend wants me to come and race him in his 2002 SS camaro so i might as well

Thursday, July 05, 2007 7:34 PM
nice to finally see that setup back on the road man. grats on getting it so nicely setup new fire looks nice as hell hope to see some new numbers soon

Thursday, July 05, 2007 8:15 PM
Good luck racing that ss haha. My friend has a 99 ss,and his gf has an 01z28; they both went to the track last week. He ran a 13.2 and she ran a 13.7; both auto, he has flowmaster catback and slp air setup,shes stock with some small issues. Ls1's are the Chuck Norris of engines lol.

And Ill say it again....Get a damn video!!! I wana hear that thing lol

Thursday, July 05, 2007 8:47 PM
icemike89 wrote:Good luck racing that ss haha. My friend has a 99 ss,and his gf has an 01z28; they both went to the track last week. He ran a 13.2 and she ran a 13.7; both auto, he has flowmaster catback and slp air setup,shes stock with some small issues. Ls1's are the Chuck Norris of engines lol.

And Ill say it again....Get a damn video!!! I wana hear that thing lol

well we had a few quick races already and i had no problem keeping up to him and this set up feels slower then the blue one.. with the blue one i kept right up with my neighbours 2003 SVT mustang... i dont even have tuning done yet with this set up and i could keep up to the SS... well from a roll on about 60kms he would pull on me but when we went from a dig i pulled on him

Thursday, July 05, 2007 9:29 PM
oh and also not sure how good your tracks are... but i know here.. my dads 2002 WS6 trans am that is modded a bit that dynoed at 390whp and 400lbs/tq could only do a best of 13.8 last year... and his buddy who he was racing all that night with a VERY modded SVT mustang could only do a best of 13.9 (granted it a convertable which is alot more weight) but still..

and i will try and get the girl friend to video tape for you guys lol

Thursday, July 05, 2007 9:34 PM
Well where are you located? The air density and altitude play a big part on numbers. Oh well, glad to see you hang with those big boy v8's lol. I say rebuild and spray

And cant wait to see a video. If you can you should just put up a video of idling and a few revs. Id just like to hear how that thing sounds.

Friday, July 06, 2007 4:05 AM
Nice car, but why is it early July and the guy across the street still has his icicle lights from Christmas hanging up?

Gotta keep on livin', L-I-V-I-N
Friday, July 06, 2007 7:16 AM
icemike89 wrote:Well where are you located? The air density and altitude play a big part on numbers. Oh well, glad to see you hang with those big boy v8's lol. I say rebuild and spray
And cant wait to see a video. If you can you should just put up a video of idling and a few revs. Id just like to hear how that thing sounds.

we shall see... not to much of a fan of the free reving of the engine spun a bearing in my last sunfire doing that lol lucky i got it under warenty some how.. but i will see what i can do for you lol

bone stock z wrote:Nice car, but why is it early July and the guy across the street still has his icicle lights from Christmas hanging up?

ahahahah they are still up since the people who put them up in Dec. were litterly right off the boat from Japan and never took them down when they left.. and sold the house with them up and the new people who moved in again are right off the boat lol i dont think they even know they are up

Friday, July 06, 2007 1:23 PM
SweetnessGT wrote:Josh, I have to admit - I REALLY miss the blue car, the silver doesn't do it for me... but it's completely awesome to see you've brought this back to life my friend. Enjoy it, and as mentioned - wrap it in a little bubble this time out.

Good luck man.

-Chris-

Amen Chris, Amen!

Saturday, July 07, 2007 1:02 AM
Glad to see you started a new project!

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search