Got Some New Toys... - Page 6 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Got Some New Toys...
Friday, January 25, 2008 3:27 PM
The next progress pics will be of the pistons/rods/valves and other stuff.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Friday, January 25, 2008 5:21 PM
did you not in fact already own a set of of these bad boys? AND have them installed?

lookn good skunky, cant wait to ride in that bitch

Friday, January 25, 2008 5:54 PM
z yaaaa wrote:did you not in fact already own a set of of these bad boys? AND have them installed?

lookn good skunky, cant wait to ride in that bitch

Don't remind me.,.but I never once got to feel it, that motor took a crap before I ever got a chance to ride in the car it was installed in, but you know that story.

Saturday, January 26, 2008 10:35 AM
Look at all those goodies

Saturday, January 26, 2008 10:57 AM
Looking awsome buddy.
Question though, why did you decide to do all this while the motor was in the car? Its soooooooooooooo much easier on an engine stand.

Saturday, January 26, 2008 11:15 AM
gtpsunfire wrote:Looking awsome buddy.
Question though, why did you decide to do all this while the motor was in the car? Its soooooooooooooo much easier on an engine stand.

Have you ever tried doing it in the car? It's about a 50/50 split to this point. I've done it both ways, I must say not spending the 2 or so hours to pull the engine for the 5th or 6th time was nice, but not having it at waist level has proved to be a bit of a pita. I kinda like doing it this way, don't have to worry about supporting the trans while the block is out.

Quote:

Look at all those goodies

Threre's gonna be a few more, I actually just ordered something from Summit about 5 min ago and I'll be going to Milwaukee next weekend to pick up another part. Any guesses?

Saturday, January 26, 2008 1:02 PM
I was bored...

Saturday, January 26, 2008 3:12 PM
Decepticons FTW,I think you need to incorporate Darth Vader somewhere,Eco=The Dark Side Of The Force

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Saturday, January 26, 2008 5:03 PM
BIGGSZ24 wrote:Decepticons FTW,I think you need to incorporate Darth Vader somewhere,Eco=The Dark Side Of The Force

LOL!!!!!! I think the skunkicon or decptiskunk works just how it is.

Sunday, January 27, 2008 12:00 PM
I forgot to take pics of these before I put them in...

In blue of course, and on that note got some prothane ones that I'm looking to unload.

Sunday, January 27, 2008 2:20 PM
Hmm looks good...your the skunk, pj is the skwirl...i am going to call myself the sloth

Sunday, January 27, 2008 2:37 PM
and im the Monkey

Sunday, January 27, 2008 2:42 PM
can i be the platypus then? lol

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Sunday, January 27, 2008 3:14 PM
are you using oem bore pistons or over bore? just asking cuz i noticed the motor is still in the engine bay

12.5@116 2.0 60ft
Sunday, January 27, 2008 3:40 PM
No, he's leaving the engine in the bay and installing new parts.

I don't think he has clue one.

Sunday, January 27, 2008 4:52 PM
Brad Rogers wrote:No, he's leaving the engine in the bay and installing new parts.

You see the thing is w/ the ecotec, if you don't have much machine work to do to the block and you're not replacing the main bearings you actually don't NEED to remove the block from the car. Why don't you find out exactly who you are talking about before talking @!#$.

As for your question John, yeah stock size/compression pistons are going in, the block only has about 15k on it so a light re hone and it should be just fine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, January 27, 2008 5:39 PM

Sunday, January 27, 2008 5:52 PM
Skunk - REBORN 4/08 wrote:
Brad Rogers wrote:No, he's leaving the engine in the bay and installing new parts.

You see the thing is w/ the ecotec, if you don't have much machine work to do to the block and you're not replacing the main bearings you actually don't NEED to remove the block from the car. Why don't you find out exactly who you are talking about before talking @!#$.

As for your question John, yeah stock size/compression pistons are going in, the block only has about 15k on it so a light re hone and it should be just fine.

yep!

Thats all the was done on my motor. Motor had 4k on it from the JY. Suncavi tore it down had a machine shop look at it and said there was no point in doing work, the block was damn new, So there ya go...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, January 27, 2008 6:52 PM
QBE (Aka Phil No More Boost) wrote:

yep!

Thats all the was done on my motor. Motor had 4k on it from the JY. Suncavi tore it down had a machine shop look at it and said there was no point in doing work, the block was damn new, So there ya go...

i wasnt sure. a hone is what i did as well. but skunk has been boosted for awhile. my parts when into a donor motor i got with around 10k on it, not my boosted one.

i forgot that you have had a few engines in there skunk. with went with a lower comp ratio though due to not having a way to tune for spark.

12.5@116 2.0 60ft
Sunday, January 27, 2008 6:58 PM
Quote:

with went with a lower comp ratio though due to not having a way to tune for spark.

Not exactly sure what you're trying to say here.

If you're trying to say that I should go low cr, you would have to know ALL the details of my build to understand why that's not the direction that I'm going.

As for me being boosted for a while, did you know that I drowned my original boosted stock eco back in August and had to replace it w/ the one that's in there now. The block that's being built only has between 15 and 18k, not exactly sure on the mileage, it's right around there though, and has only seen boost from August of last year to October. That's not exactly a long life of boost.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, January 27, 2008 7:01 PM

Sunday, January 27, 2008 7:02 PM
Oh and yeah this is engine number 5 I think, I dunno I lost count.

Sunday, January 27, 2008 7:20 PM
Quote:

with went with a lower comp ratio though due to not having a way to tune for spark.

If you're trying to say that I should go low cr, you would have to know ALL the details of my build to understand why that's not the direction that I'm going.

As for me being boosted for a while, did you know that I drowned my original boosted stock eco back in August and had to replace it w/ the one that's in there now. The block that's being built only has between 15 and 18k, not exactly sure on the mileage, it's right around there though, and has only seen boost from August of last year to October. That's not exactly a long life of boost.

No, im saying why i went with a lower CR. I know you have hpt and were talking about msd in a few of your other posts.

and yeah it slipped my mind that you toasted a few motors. i was thinking you had close to 50k boosted. thats why i was wondering why the engine was still in the engine bay

12.5@116 2.0 60ft

Sunday, January 27, 2008 8:00 PM
John H [CavalierKid wrote:]
Quote:

No, im saying why i went with a lower CR. I know you have hpt and were talking about msd in a few of your other posts.

and yeah it slipped my mind that you toasted a few motors. i was thinking you had close to 50k boosted. thats why i was wondering why the engine was still in the engine bay

I've not been boosted that long, only a little over a year bud. It was before boost that I was cooking motors annually. You'd figure I'd learn to stay away from the juice after the first one, but some of us have to learn things the hard way. lol

Sunday, January 27, 2008 8:09 PM
Skunk - REBORN 4/08 wrote:Why don't you find out exactly who you are talking about before talking @!#$

I know exactly who I am talking about. A wanna-be popular person on here.

What, you think because you can run a mid 14 second quarter mile running 15psi that your worth the charmin extra soft you wipe your butt with? Pathetic. You act like your such a popular person on here but in reality your nothing more than a poser with a big mouth.

You really need to lay off your "my stuff don't stink" attitude and get with the program. Your never going to become a force to be reckoned with on here if you talk crap all the time and treat people like your better than them.

Did somebody tell you that you are a god in the time of your life or something? Because you certainly seem to think you are.

Sunday, January 27, 2008 8:25 PM
Dude, you really don't know who your talking about,Curt has helped me out many times with my 2.4(sinced he used to own a few)Who the H*** are you?? Did you come over from GAForums just to start stuff?Curt will admit
that he is a little cocky but so are many here,you had better do a lot of work on that 3.4 GA to catch him where he will be soon. BTW this was turned into a progress thread so don't ruin it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, January 27, 2008 8:26 PM

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Sunday, January 27, 2008 8:28 PM
Wow, a newbie that knows how to use the search button. Too bad it doesn't show what I've done before I got on jbo, do us all a favor...GO AWAY!!! Please no more pollution in this thread. You really don't want to start this, keep the crap to pm's bud, fighting is a good way to get a thread locked, and I'd really like if this didn't get locked, as would the others that actually have respect for who I am and what I've done. You don't know me, you've never met me, and this is the first time you've ever even posted anything in any of my threads. It really seems like you're the one trying to stir stuff up, so leave it be.

As for the wanna-be popular person...Damn you got me, only one problem w/ that, I don't give two @!#$s about what you think, or too many other people for that matter, the whole purpose of this thread is to keep the people that are interested in the progress of my car updated. Seeing as I don't talk to everyone on a daily basis. Hell some of the people that have commented here I've never even spoken to. They come in, say "Nice parts, can't wait to see it all done." and move on their way, you on the other hand are looking to start something, you made a statement and isulted me...

Quote:

No, he's leaving the engine in the bay and installing new parts.

To which I responed, but you decided to keep it going. If you really want to discuss this, send me a pm. Keep the crap outta the thread.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search