Not A Teaser - Page 15 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Not A Teaser
Friday, November 25, 2011 8:58 PM
dad is actually keeping his old work car. the 02 with 241k on it. found a guy that can tub it and cage it for $3400. Extra $1000 and he can do a ford 9 for it. so that way he can beat my cav.

Ive had a soft spot for nova's and dream cruiser would be a 70 chevelle, they look so hunched forward ready to tackle and muscular. But either one would make a good race car. i help a race team local here and they have both of my dream race cars. all motor, 9.53, and all motor 10.10.

Friday, November 25, 2011 9:02 PM
nice. one dad (after he croakes) i plan on an LSX with around 1000whp n/a and all the goodies to make her an amazing street car. but god, that'll be years and years down the road.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Thursday, December 08, 2011 8:23 PM
Im curious.... Is that a normal sized battery? Looks thinner then normal.
Thursday, December 08, 2011 8:30 PM
I believe its an S2000 battery. Slimmer than stock.

Also, No more emails from STD... hoping they get back to me. If I have to ill eat the tires, but I have a week off coming up and want to get my rear struts fixed.

Friday, December 09, 2011 12:11 PM

lol

Friday, December 09, 2011 1:17 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
Also, No more emails from STD... hoping they get back to me. If I have to ill eat the tires, but I have a week off coming up and want to get my rear struts fixed.

I haven't heard anything back from them since I sent them my shipping address. Was really hoping to have mine fixed over Christmas break as well.

Friday, December 09, 2011 3:57 PM
I got an email from them 2 days ago saying they were producing the sleeves for the 3 of us that bought R-5's. No specifics on when they would be done though. They aren't happy about how screwed up this group buy is, thats for sure.

Saturday, December 10, 2011 4:49 AM
They are producing the sleeves? My email said they already made them but shipped the wrong ones. ....ID like to see your email if you get a chance.

Saturday, December 10, 2011 12:13 PM
They must have them made already then. Here is the email I received a couple days ago.

Hello Chris

Sorry for this late reply, they forwarded me your email while I was away of the office for the PRI and my weekend was delayed because of this event, so I just went back to the office today.

I will tell you what I know about this GB. John Benham has ordered 3 sets of R5 earlier this year. Those 3 sets were shipped in July. We never heard from John Benham or from a customer of this GB until the third week of November.

On the third week of November, a customer has sent us an email because he was waiting for his set since months. I contacted John Benham and he told me he has one remaining set in stock but his customer didn't pay him in full yet. I told John Benham to contact this customer and explain him he wasn't waiting for us, we never received other emails from this customer.

The same day than we received the email of the guy who told us he was waiting for months, Vincent has sent us an email because he wanted longer rear lower mounts to raise his car. We told him that we will produce those longer rear lower mounts and ship them for free. We asked him if the two other guys also wanted those rear lower mounts, because he was the first to ask this request and it was 4 months after we shipped the parts. Then Micah sent us an email after Vincent told him the information, he also asked for those longer rear lower mounts because the suspension lowered his car more than what he expected. Then I emailed John Benham and I told him we will also send him those longer rear lower mounts for the third set he has in stock.

We shipped the 3 sets in July and nobody contacted us for longer rear lower mount between July and the third week of November. So I don't understand why John didn't ship you the 3rd set in July if this third set was your.

So double check with him if the remaining set he has in stock since July is your set or the set of the other guy, because he didn't have any pending order, or any deposit given for a new order.

We don't want to be involved in GB, we hate that our customers think they are waiting their parts because of us when it's not true.

Please, keep me update.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns

Best regards

Jean-Alex aka John
Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
Standard Suspension [Std Suspension]

Saturday, December 10, 2011 12:52 PM
So let me get this straight...

John had the stuff you guys had bought and didnt ship it? Shady as hell..
Saturday, December 10, 2011 1:32 PM
lol next thing to find out is how much money he made off you guys.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!

Saturday, December 10, 2011 2:06 PM
Its been a super confusing deal to say the least. I don't want to be pointing fingers or bad mouthing, all I care about now is making sure we get our stuff and that everything is correct. I can not wait until this deal is done!!

Saturday, December 10, 2011 6:15 PM
I just want my correct parts. I want it fixed. Then Ill be happy.

Sunday, December 11, 2011 7:04 AM
Exactly.....

I see a common theme...look at the headlight GP......

Started in Feb and its now Dec and people still haven't received their lights, and very crappy updates. The money being charged for those crappy G5 no cut projectors is ridiculous. They take maybe 2-3 hours to do the full install and guaranteed he got a deal on a lot buy of the kits.

I hate to say bad about people but I would be more then furious if I was involved in these buys.

When your holding alot of peoples money you find a way to give updates and you keep every customer in the loop. When you have received parts or are done building things you send them right away...not when your sick of hearing from them or to quieten everyone up.

Its amazing how people always have time to answer questions and make updates when they haven't gotten the cash but as soon as the money has traded hands it becomes less important and a huge string of "bad luck" seems to always happen.

***Sorry Vince ill stop clogging up your great build thread...just annoyed on your guys behalf. I was going to not go with STD for next year but I think I may now that I know it has little to do with them and its just the middle mans issue.
Sunday, December 11, 2011 7:23 AM
Dam Vince Sorry to hear you havent gotten your rear fixed yet..Hopefully it will be soon man..Good luck and I will check for updates..
Sunday, December 11, 2011 7:24 AM
I just want the parts. My week off starts tomorrow so I wanted to get them put on. Doubt I will have them by then.

Sunday, December 11, 2011 8:07 AM
Yea I hope you do to buddy..Just crazy that when people run into issues with parts that the vindors dont get it resolved faster than they do..Especialy when they have ALOT of money tied up in the parts that are wrong..But sure you will get it resolved I just hope its soon for you..Good luck man..
Tuesday, December 20, 2011 11:11 PM

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 11:13 PM
I don't get it ^

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 11:21 PM

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 11:22 PM
Still dont get it ^

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 6:59 AM
lmao!!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, December 21, 2011 9:04 AM
Maybee screaming out of frustration?? LMAO^^
Wednesday, December 21, 2011 10:11 PM
GET TO THE CHOPPER NAAAOOOOOWWWWWW!! lol

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 7:58 AM
Still no email from STD. I sent them another email asking for an update, and got a reply that said they are on vacation until Jan. 4th.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search